What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 9/3/24 8:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Great pics! Why am I not surprised that you found penguins in Africa? I always think of them as just snow birds.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 9/3/24 1:55 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Apparently this colony just arrived about 30 years ago and now there are three all along the coast.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 9/4/24 4:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I saw the penguins on Robben Island near Cape Town when I was there c. 20 years ago. Adorable! I just read there was a specific species of penguins that live in South Africa - African penguins (also known as Cape penguins) - didn't know that!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 9/4/24 6:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

These are the cape penguins:-) when I was there, I thought they look a lot like the Magellan penguins we saw in chile but when I compare the pictures they really didn't!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 9/3/24 3:01 am - Warren, OH

That is so scary and I am so sorry for what you are going through. I spent the last few days at home and avoiding everyone. I skipped a birthday party and a Labor Day party because so much Covid here. I plan to get the new vaccine today. But I will stay away from my exercise sessions at the senior center for another week.

It is reality that the body becomes weaker and I think I am about the same age as your dad. There are challenges and I work on them a day at a time.

It is sad to think that summer is over. Fall is nice but I know another winter is on the way. Hope your dad keeps improving. Glad Grim is back and hope your fa!l activities are great fun.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/3/24 3:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin all. QJB, so sorry to hear about your dad, sending up prayers for a faster recovery and that you find the things you need to help care for him and keep him safe.

I have a dentist appointment to get the impression for my bottom denture. I am not feeling very good. Every single inch of me hurts in some varying degrees. My back is a **** show and my shoulder and neck too. Just bothering me more than usual I guess. It'll probably be a long day ahead.

Miss Tange is doing well. She finally started playing with the toys we had gotten her. She seems to be filling out more and not so much bones sticking out. She has caught glimpses of the other kitties and she is not a fan but has absolutely no fear of the dogs and doesn't mind them one bit. Tomorrow we take her to the veterinary to get preventative care and some tests.

QOTD: when the bugs die at the first freeze!

B: eggs, chicken sausage and coffee

L: ???

D: probably a salad.

Mel

Greateight
on 9/3/24 4:58 am, edited 9/2/24 9:58 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

QJB, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Hoping for the best and don't forget to take care of yourself also.

We had a good weekend. Thursday night was Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field. The concert was good, although for the 90's alternative era, I thought Green Day was a better concert. The warmup was an Irish singer that I hadn't heard of. He raved about IHOP in Downtown Chicago. Before the concert we went to the Draft Kings Sports Book. I didn't know that we had legalized sports gambling in Chicago, but apparently we do. We didn't gamble, but the facility was large and clean and the food was pretty good.

Friday morning came quickly, because we had to leave to get our flight for Oklahoma City. The Sooners pounded Temple and we got to see the schooner zip around the field many times. Saturday we went to the Oklahoma City *Bricktown district which is an outdoor canal and bar/restaurant area. We went on a boat tour and hit a couple of the local establishments. Sunday morning we flew back at 8:00 and were home by 11:00.

The plan for the rest of the weekend was Crossfit, College football and US Open. I got the workouts in, but was caught by surprise by the Disney/Direct TV carriage dispute. You can imagine that Marilyn is not happy about her US Open being blacked out. Boo!

Last Wednesday I had my 6th Surgiversary. I was so excited about the 28th being my Amex autopay that I forgot about the anniversary. Its been a great ride and I thank everybody for the support.

QOTD: In a couple of weeks we are going to Asia on a river cruise to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. Other than that the holidays and football.

Breakfast: bagel

Lunch: tacos

Dinner: meatballs

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 9/3/24 5:14 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and the difficult decisions your family are facing. I hope he feels better and is able to stay at home. I had a very lazy/restless weekend. I need to plan a better balance of activity and chill time. I used to love to go-go-go in the mornings with planned activity, errands and chores then chill later in the day. This weekend was just too lazy. We did walk and golf, but that was the only activity over 3 days. There were many-many naps and too much food. Today I have final edits to my annual report due this Friday - no problem (fingers crossed). Otherwise, we are in a brand new month and I can breathe.

QOTD - The holidays, but mostly sweater/boots weather. It comes late where I live. It gets cool in the evenings, but stays warm in the daytime through November-i****'s been burning hot and freezing cold on Thanksgiving over the years. I remember one Christmas day was 82 degrees so we moved dinner outside. It just depends. Your fall weather is our winter and instead of everything turning brown, it turns green with the rain.

Accountability - Foodwise, I was great all morning but the afternoon? not so much. 28 active minutes only 6,170 steps. Today I'm 168.4, 30 minutes done on the treadmill.

B- coffee, cottage cheese

l - chicken sausage and salad

d- leftover pork chop tacos

s -nectarine, cucumber salad, jerky

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 9/3/24 5:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I'm so sorry about your dad being ill and I'll be thinking of him (and you too). I'm glad Grim is back home safe and sound. The extra weekend day was nice and on turn the week will fly by since it'll be busy.

QOTD: Cooler temps

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Tri tip, cauliflower rice, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1311 Protein:103 Carbs:129 Fat:50

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 9/3/24 8:08 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Hope things improve quickly for Dad, QJB.

Beautiful day right now, but the heat is coming. I've accomplished a lot since I rolled out of bed this morning. I also decided to make today mostly a rest day. I've been pounding hard since my last rest day, last Wednesday. Yesterday's class was a Tabata and I'm feeling it in every muscle. I hope to get my step count in today between chores and grocery shopping. If not, I will head out for a light walk this evening.

We went downtown yesterday for the Padres v Detroit game and it was so fun. Lunch out with family and friends. Trolley there and back. Food was hard for me. I picked really well at the lunch restaurant (poke) but missed both my afternoon snack and dinner hour. So when we got home there was a bit of frantic food stuffing for a couple minutes. Yay for having a Lean Cuisine in the freezer for an emergency. 99 minutes of exercise and 10,190 steps were completed.

QoTD: Bring on the layered weather! It won't really be cold around here until December or January. But if it would just stay out of the 80's, I promise not to complain. Also, I love Halloween day and our traditions on it. So that will be my next focus.

Bites today are based on a successful grocery trip.

B: egg and bacon

the rest are TBD!

Peace!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?