What's on your last day of August menu?

Melody P.
on 8/31/24 4:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hoping we all have a nice extended weekend ahead.

I haven't got a clue what we're doing today. Rachel is here and we laughed so hard last night. I needed that so much. I love my nieces and nephew but have a somewhat special bond to Rachel. She's into a lot of the things I'm into.

We might take her to Wendy's for a biggie bag or whatever they are called.

I'm still falling in love with our little tange(rine). Not that I already wasn't. She is such a love bug and I so wish we could bring her into the main house RIGHT NOW! But we have to consider the health of everything in the house. She is getting vocal and talks to us. We got her a bed and scratching pad. We had a blanket and towel in there before.

Safe travels to Sheila and her DH! Have a great time you two!

QOTD: what's your favorite time of year?

For me...it's when the bugs die. Mosquitoes to be exact.

B: eggs and coffee

L: ???? Probably the chicken patty in the fridge

D: shrimp, hush puppies and maybe some cucumber

Miss Tange and Rachel in the costume we found at the thrift store for my nephew.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 8/31/24 5:00 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I was just about to post this when I saw yours - I'm gonna leave it as is with a QOTD.

I love really early mornings so much now. Back in my 20's I would just be rolling in from a night out, haha. THose days are long gone, but not my enthusiasm for weekend! I survived the week, it's a 3 day weekend - yay! Today I need to go to Costco, TJ's and the regular grocery store. My closet needs organizations and another purging. I have more clothes put away and to bag up for my sister/niece. It's fun getting fitting into smaller clothing, but I'm over organizing all the things - again. Not a bad problem to have. Football as far as the eye can see, I am doing my own thing to decompress from week w/read, sun, walk and only mindful, intention food.

QOTD - Pet round up! Who do you have in your brood? We have Chloe a maltipoo as best we can tell who is about 15, but a puppy inside. We also have Bubba our sweet old boy who is a very old 17 and frail, but doing well right now. I thought we were going to lose him few weeks back. Yesterday the vet said he was doing well considering - that cost $450.00! I could have told her that for free, lol.

Accountability - I was HUNGRY yesterday or stress eating - not sure, but all good things and still came in under goals. Activity - 38 active minutes and 8,512 steps. Today I'm 167.8 and no planned activity.

B- coffee, eggbeater scramble

l - sausage w/grilled veggies

d - pizza and salad

s - melon and nectarine, jerky

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Amy Liz
on 8/31/24 5:06 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Mels QOTD -I love Fall for the cooler weather, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, leaves, future sweater/boot weather coming - all the things.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 8/31/24 5:14 am - Amarillo, TX

We have 6 now. Frankie, Skippy and Mona Lisa are our pups. Percy, Opal and Tange is the kitties. We have a very full house, both of critters and of love!

Mel

Lisa91941
on 8/31/24 8:15 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good Morning!

It's cool enough this morning I had to add a layer. YAY! Not gonna last. Boo. I have zero things to accomplish today. Empty calendar. The regular chores are already done so this day may stretch forever. I'm freezing diving until Tuesday as I'm not going to the grocery store if I can avoid it until after the holiday. And then, we have a brand new Trader Joe's that opened a couple weeks ago. I really have wanted to go check things out, but was waiting until the craziness died down. Tuesday sounds about perfect. Oh, I will get a walk in today.

Accountability. How is it that I can do a 55 minute yoga class followed by a 55 minute spin class followed by a 30 minute treadmill walk and STILL have to run around my house for the last 1700 steps last night? I logged a total 159 exercise minutes and 10,261 steps yesterday. I did really well on food choices and only water all day.

QoTD: Black dog and brown dog. They own us.

Bites

B: egg and leftover chicken

L: leftover chicken with goat cheese and hot honey.

D: TJ's red Argentine shrimp in their lobster bisque with a little bacon and parm. A homemade scone (found them in the freezer while diving!) and a small salad.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 8/31/24 9:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you did enough exercise that you really don't need to worry about step count. Or at least I wouldn't. Sometimes I manage to make it either way, but if I spend an hour at a water fitness class or a couple of hours biking on a given day, I don't worry about it if I'm under my step goal. Although I do run around to make my goal (even if it's walking in place!) if I haven't done anything else that day. But I do get that you're really committed to that step goal - I've got goals I'm always committed to making, too, even though some days I probably don't need to be because of the cir****tances.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 8/31/24 9:16 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I agree from a calorie burn point! But if I am any where near close to my self imposed goal, I hate myself in the morning if I don't go for it! I never regret actually hitting my goal. But it cracks me up that my stand goal is at least standing one time an hour for at least 12 hours throughout the day and sometimes I go to bed with only 9 achieved. I think I pee more often than that alone!

catwoman7
on 8/31/24 9:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

having a standing goal is a great idea! Even though I get at least an hour of exercise most days of the week, now that I'm retired, I do way too much sitting and lying down the other 23 hours. And they say that really defeats the hour of exercise people manage to do (actually, most people probably don't even get an hour of exercise most days!). Anyway, you've just inspired me to set a standing goal!!

catwoman7
on 8/31/24 9:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

well the football game last night was fantastic even though I really don't give a hoot about football. But it's fun to be at a live game because of the crowd, the band, and the cheerleaders. Much better than watching it on TV. And being in the box was REALLY fun! There were about 20-30 of us - some really fun people - and there was tons of food and booze. Tons. I had way too much food, so it'll be light eating the rest of the weekend. But wow - the whole experience was great. I have no idea how much it would cost to get a box seat if you weren't affiliated with some company or organization, but probably hundreds of dollars (a friend in Ohio told me probably a thousand dollars, but I would have no idea). At any rate, way too much $$ for us. This one was purchased for this one particular game for the university's vet school by one of their wealthy donors. There were some vet school staff there - like the dean - a few members from the school's "board of visitors", and a few donors. We're donors, although legacy donors (through a will or trust), not donors who donate every year - but the reason we were there is that the development officer we've been working with to re-do our beneficiaries was supposed to go but couldn't, so he gave us his tickets. It was just terrific!

the weather is supposed to be beautiful the next couple of days, so we'll be out biking for sure. DH. is also going to do some exterior painting touch ups, and I need to do some cleaning because my brother is arriving on Tuesday and will be here for a week. This house is a wreck. We're also having a couple more contractors come to look at the windows, and I want the place to at least look presentable.

QOTD #1: well it used to be summer, but the weather this summer has been terrible. SO MUCH RAIN. I don't like hot weather (although I'm more tolerant of it now that I don't weigh over 300 lbs), it's more the feeling of summer - kids out of school, lighter workloads, vacations, being able to be outside all the time, longer days. I like fall, too - but it's not #1 for one reason - winter is coming. UGH.

QOTD #2: we have four cats: Aytekin, Minik, Anubis, and Kardelen (Anubis is the name of an Egyptian god. The rest of the cat names are Turkish, because they're Turkish Vans. Anubis was a show cat before we adopted him at age 3, and that was the name his former owner gave him. I wanted to ditch it and name him something Turkish, but DH really liked the name, so we kept it).

I don't know what I'm eating today other than not much. Luckily it's already almost noon and I've only had coffee, so I can probably keep calories really low today. Between that and a long bike ride, I should be in good shape today - thank God!!

have a great Saturday!!

Greateight
on 8/31/24 3:16 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Did you jump around?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 270 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics