What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/30/24 12:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! It's 3am and I just said goodbye to Grim who is off to CA. I'm going to miss him terribly but I have a big work event today and when it's over I plan to crawl into bed with a couple of cats, and maybe not get out until Monday? Actually, I have a hell of a to-do list to prep for classes, but I really do hope I can get some rest in.

QOTD: What food do you crave most often? I think the most amazing thing about Wegovy is that it just turned off the "crave" button, especially for sweets. My office was filled with chocolate treats yesterday and I didn't even turn my head which is just wild. I have noticed that although I wouldn't call it a craving, I think Wegovy makes me want comfort food / bread more often. I haven't acted on it, but I have been wanting a bagel and cream cheese, which hasn't been on my radar in decades.

• protein coffee
  • TBD - breakfast at the work event
  • leftover Cava chicken and hummus salad
  • chicken noodle soup

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/30/24 3:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, hoping Grimm has uneventful travels and sending healing thoughts to the whole family.

Not just a whole lot going on today. Rachel is staying the night. We have to get a few groceries. I'm feeling pretty damn rotten, I'd stay in bed if I knew I wouldn't hurt more. My shoulder is flaring up really bad. No word on the myelogram. In other news Tommie has a new name. She is now Tange, short for tangerine. I didn't like tommie for a cat but really like Tange. I wish we could bring her into the main house already but the appointment is Wednesday

QOTD: salary and sweet combos.

B: egg, chicken sausage m cheese and lots of coffee

L: probably a salad with grilled chicken breast bites

D: unknown at this time.

Mel

White Dove
on 8/30/24 4:11 am - Warren, OH

When my husband was out of town for a few days I used to enjoy eating things like a half gallon of ice cream for dinner. My favorites was Breyers strawberry and cream and I would let it get soft so I could eat it quicker.

Panera sells wonderful bagels and has a spread with cream cheese, walnuts, and honey that reminds me of really yummy wedding cookies. I really believe in indulging the cravings before they become out of control cravings. I have chocolate candy at home and not tempted at all because I have given myself permission to eat it if I want it.

Since I allow all foods non of them tempt me anymore and I enjoy them in moderation just like I used to think was impossible. Hope you have a great and relaxed weekend with your precious kitties.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 8/30/24 5:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I love your mindset!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 8/30/24 5:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning in this Fri-yay! Safe travels to Grim and I hope you get some relaxation time in this weekend. Em and I are going to kitten yoga tomorrow morning and really nothing else planned so it should be a nice long weekend.

QOTD: Yummy carbs, I limit them but the cravings are.

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 8/30/24 7:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Kitty Yoga sound right up your ally. Enjoy!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 8/30/24 5:22 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Teenie
on 8/30/24 7:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Kitty Yoga sound right up your ally. Enjoy!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 8/30/24 5:37 am, edited 8/29/24 10:38 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Safe travels to Grim. JB, I hope you get to relax along with your to-do list this weekend. I am struggling to get through my annual report with so many distractions - mainly, my own stress. I'm waiting on 4 more reports from IT, it's crazy what this entails. I left work early yesterday to WFH and focus. I'm going into work late today because I need to take my cat to the vet, so I will WFH this morning too. I hope to knock it out today with revisions over the next couple weeks, but I'll get it turned in. No half day for me today. The weekend is full of football for Rob - he is so excited. Along with the usual shopping and house stuff, I'm taking Chloe to the beach, hiking, swimming and napping.

QOTD - I usually crave salty, crunchy, savory foods - I want french fries, fried tacos, fried anything, crackers, pretzels and chips. Lately, I am seeing all these fast food posts w/low cal, high protein hacks on TikTok and I want to try them! I love a good hack.

Accountability - Great, 51 active minutes, sadly - 9,796 steps. I feel asleep on the couch and crawled to bed, steps be damned and now I'm so mad!!! This morning 167.6, 30 minutes done on the treadmill.

B- coffee, protein coffee, eggbeater scramble

Review of the Jordans Skinny Pumpkin sauce - pretty good. If you have tried the salted caramel sauce, it's not as sweet. I added extra spice and it was nice, clean - no weird taste or smell. For 0 cals, like it very much. Added a little caramel and it was chefs kiss.

l - Chicken italian sausage w/grilled veggies and parm

D- 1 slice of pizza and salad

s - honeydew melon, jerky

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 8/30/24 6:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

rain again today. It's been like this most of the summer. I REALLY don't want to go to the gym, but that's the only option. I guess I can take a book and sit on one of the stationary bikes for an hour. I haven't exercised nearly enough this week, and we've got that buffet tonight in the stadium box (football game), so even though I think I can control myself, it's still going to be a higher-calorie day than normal. Better to burn some of it off beforehand.

QOTD: I don't crave any one particular food, but I also like salty, crunchy things. I broke down and bought a bag of Lesser Evil popcorn last night at Costco. I was addicted to it earlier this summer but was eating way too much of it, so I quit buying it. But as long as I can limit it to one or two cups a day (40 kcal per cup), it's really not a bad choice - much better than tortilla chips or nuts (which we also have in the house). We'll see how this goes. I can just quit buying it again if it's going to continue to be a problem.

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

protein shake

protein pumpkin muffin

L&F yogurt, maybe an English muffin or a thin piece of Danish rye bread

at the football game - as I usually do with tables full of food, I'll try to load up at the fruit and raw vegetable trays (I hope they have either or both...) and allow myself a couple of treats so I don't give in and gorge

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 270 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 62 views