What's on your Thursday Menu?

Mkess
on 8/29/24 5:36 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thursday,

Good day to you, madam or sir. Enjoy this day to the fullest. We only get to live it once.

Lots of errands today and a move out house cleaning.

QOTD- I usually take recommendations and see other soc, web, & other media.

Steps 8449

B: 1/2 l bagel and lox

L: ??

D: mee krob leftovers from last night. Paula and I had Thai to celebrate her 50th Birthday.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Grim_Traveller
on 8/29/24 5:54 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. I got the new updated covid shot yesterday, and a pneumonia vaccine also. This is also a new vax, and is supposed to be one shot for life.

I have a bunch of things to get done today, before I leave for the airport at 3:15 am.

QOTD: I check Audible every week for new releases, and peruse sale selections to see what's good. I often go down rabbit holes -- if I like a book I'll look at others by the same author, or I look for related topics for nonfiction. I look at reviews for TV shows and movies. I only have time to watch a fraction of what looks good.

I'll be in the air all day tomorrow, so I'll post my photo Friday now. I realized while we were in Minnesota last weekend that I missed my surgiversary last week. It's been 12 years now. My weigh-in was 195.5, which I'm very happy with. RNY cured my diabetes, and until a couple of months ago i've been off all meds. And of course, if it wasn't for surgery I never would have been on OH, and never would have met the marvelous QJB.

Here's a picture from last weekend's wedding.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 8/29/24 6:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Safe travels!

Y'all look fantastic!

Mel

White Dove
on 8/29/24 7:05 am - Warren, OH

You are such a cute couple.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sheila_H
on 8/29/24 8:13 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Very cute and happy surgiversary!
Isn't it fantastic that we get another chance with WLS? A chance to live a more fulfilling life, meeting new people, and do a ton of stuff that our weights prevented us to do.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 8/29/24 9:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 8/29/24 6:41 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

Yesterday I had 7 back to back calls in the afternoon. It was like I hopped in the way back machine and returned to 2017. It was probably just clients wanting to clear things off of their plates before leaving for the long weekend.

I was so busy that I didn't make it to the gym, so I got up early and went to the 6:30 class this morning. I'm hoping to hit the 5:30 tomorrow before we leave for Oklahoma. I'm pretty far behind and need to catch up over the weekend.

But with the concert tonight, it will be a challenge. Especially since it will be at least an hour home. I love live music, but I'm glad to be getting towards the end of my list for acts that play stadium tours. Very happy to go to smaller venues in the suburbs.

Marilyn figured out that we have a $200 Nordstrom Note that expires Monday, so she is looking for pants to bring to Asia. Good catch!

QOTD: There is a lot of scrolling endlessly through the Amazon Prime listings. Also asking here and on Happy Hour.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Lo Mein

Dinner: TBD - hopefully meeting Marilyn before the show if traffic cooperates

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 8/29/24 8:01 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

I can relate to that meme 100%, especially on Saturdays, it's my free fall day. I have been more disciplined in the last 2-3 months because I'm having icecream everyday, but before ninja creami Saturday was the day that annulled the rest of the week efforts.

Today I have to do a couple of last minute stuff before we leave for Peru. Hair and eyebrows are on the list in addition to some high energy snacks. The trekking company offers the main meals on the hike but we gotta have our own snacks and I don't wanna be the one passing out. I don't like the goos that most runners or hikers use, they are high in sugar and the last thing I need is a dumping episode on the mountain. I'll go with my own protein bars as long as they don't melt.

QOTD: I rely on friends with similar tastes in books for books recommendations. I am also part of a couple of FB book groups and once in a while their suggestions are good. For shows it'**** and miss, depends what I hear on various socials and who likes what. For podcasts my main source is JB, she was the one who got me started on podcasts.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Egg bites
  • Homemade tzatziki w/pita chips
  • Protein icecream - brownie batter
  • E: Strength training

Happy jr Fri-yay!

Lisa91941
on 8/29/24 8:20 am, edited 8/29/24 1:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

I'm late checking in. Could not fall asleep last night for no reason. Wait, maybe the reason is I did basically nothing all day. Under 3,000 steps. But it was a real nice day. And because I couldn't sleep, I indulged in an extra snack. Exactly what I did not need after basically laying around like a slug all day. Otherwise, I made real good food choices and all water, all day.

Today I am going walking or the gym. Still undecided on that. I really love not getting in my car and the weather is walking perfect, so that's probably going to happen. Just in my neighborhood. I don't even want to to drive to the little mountain summit. Then some groceries and dinner prep tonight takes a lot. More reading. Hoping to also clean out and reorganize my drawers in the bathroom. It's just time to touch things and get rid of stuff.

QoTD: Friends, book club. My girlfriend gives me her People magazine every week and my favorite thing is the book review page. I will often read about something and instantly put it in my queue at the library. Same with NYT listings and Vanity Fair.

bites today

B: egg, ham, cheese little omelet

L: leftover chicken

D: I got fresh baby eggplants in my farmer delivery, so I'm making Moussaka using my air fryer to cook the potatoes and eggplant in advance with very little/no oil. The only high part will be the béchamel and I'll limit what I take of that. And a small side salad for greens.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 8/29/24 11:29 am, edited 8/29/24 4:30 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Love that plaque, especially the precise minutes. Not 30, not 25, but 23!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 447 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 366 views
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views
Queen JB · 37 replies · 406 views