What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/29/24 2:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! It's almost the weekend, and I am ready! With Grim gone, it will be pretty boring but I have a ton of cookie stuff to do and I also want to start swapping out my summer clothes with fall and do some other stuff to get organized. I feel like we haven't had a weekend at home in months and I am excited to have the time to get my **** together.

QOTD: How do you pick the books, shows, or podcasts you try? I rely on recommendations for books from friends because when I choose things with high ratings from the public I am so often disappointed. Grim typically hears about shows before I do, so I usually let him pick those. As for podcasts, I listen to a show that rates and reviews other podcasts and the hosts almost never let me down.

Accountability: I never made it out to lunch yesterday so the day was protein coffee, a protein bar, and a veggie burger with cheese.

Today might be the same. I hope I'll make it out to get a salad for lunch with my niece but odds are something will get in the way and I'll just have another protein bar in my office. I am sure I will have another veggie burger for dinner because I have no idea what fresh food in the fridge is still edible. Did I mention how happy I am to be home this weekend?

Tonight I will have my next dose of Wegovy, and they upped the dosage! I am a little nervous and pray it sits well while I am adjusting.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/29/24 3:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Well for those that didn't see my updated post yesterday here goes. We came home from grocery shopping to the sounds of a crying cat. It was from the general direction of the corner of op our yard where one of the elm trees are. When we went to look there was a very young cat in the tree. Very very thin but very very sweet. I'd guess she is 3 months old or so. The poor thing must of been run up the tree by a dog or different cat(we have a few that roam). AND she must of been dumped, I see no other reason she'd be as thin as she is but so sweet. At first we were not going to feed her, then we fed her. At first we were going to post for finding a home. Then she found a home. WITH US! We have her in a very large dog kennel until Wednesday when we are going to get her checked out and then it'll be in the main part of the house.

I'm in a lot of pain today from doing a lot yesterday. We're going to Sam's to get some chicken and protein pancakes.

QOTD: I usually just browse for tv shows and movies. For books I just tend to be non-fiction. I like certain topics. Music wise I just browse and listen to bits of songs to see if I like it.

B: eggs, cheese and coffee

L: ???

D: shrimp and spinach

Mel

Emiepie
on 8/29/24 5:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Orange kitty! Thank you for rescuing her.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 8/29/24 8:05 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Such a cutie.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 8/29/24 4:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I can see the weekend from here, but there is a long stretch yet... I had a very productive day (and week) so far but I still have deadlines of end of day tomorrow that I'm stressing over. Pray for me ya'll. I plan on getting the most out of this 3 day weekend, I tell you what!

QOTD - Usually friends for sure, but I'm always looking at the 'if you like___you might like' and will try just about anything. If I find an author I really like, I will usually devour their catalog. I've completely fallen off podcasts. TV series - I'm on my own there. Rob is mostly sports, re-runs and games shows. TV has to already have me, or really suck me in and be 'you're dead to me' good for me to invest.

Accountability - Add - sourdough pretzels, pita chips/hummus and a fun size butterfinger - so snacky. 47 active minutes, 11,090 steps. Today 166.2, 30 minutes done on treadmill.

B- coffee, legendary cinnamon roll

l - cottage cheese lasagna bowl

d -low carb tortilla wrapped string cheese done in the air fryer, marinara

s jerky, apple

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 8/29/24 5:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Home stretch!! You've got this!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 8/29/24 4:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have an eye doctor appt at 8:30 (just my regular annual exam) and we have a conference call scheduled with another contractor this afternoon (we want to get the remaining windows in our house replaced - three of them really need it, but we figured we'd do the rest while we were at it, since they'll need to be replaced regardless before we sell the house (which won't be for a while, but..)). The first bid was $35K, which seemed insane to me. But we'll see what others say. I also contacted a guy who does a lot of work in neighborhood who doesn't advertise but has gotten outstanding recommendations from a couple of my neighbors. He evidently gets his jobs through word of mouth. I'm hesitant to hire someone with so few reviews, but on the other hand, replacing windows isn't like gutting and remodeling a kitchen. And the neighbors who've had him to major remodeling jobs really liked him and would hire him again.

we're going to the opening game of the Wisconsin Badgers tomorrow night. The development officer we've been working with to revise our legacy fund has season tickets, and he and his wife can't go to this particular game, so he gave us the tickets. We haven't been to a Badger game (at least not football) in forever - and these are box seats! They'll have a buffet up in the box, too - this should be really fun!! I went to St. Vinny's yesterday to pick up a couple of long-sleeved t-shirts for us to wear, since the only Badger gear either of us have are sweatshirts (yes I could have bought the t-shirts new, but I'm a cheapskate..).

QOTD: I'm in a couple of book clubs, so I'm usually just reading whatever we're reading for the groups. I've gone with a couple of recommendations that were mentioned here on the RNY thread, though - and have really liked the books. Shows - I don'****ch TV. Podcasts - I mainly watch political-oriented ones that I find on YouTube - but have listened to a couple of murder mystery ones that you recommended, QJB, and really liked them! Let me know if you have any more recommendations! I love a good murder mystery!

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

either L&F yogurt or a protein muffin

1/2 a fake chicken burger and some cucumber salad (got the idea from here!)

I really need to exercise, but it'll be really humid again today. I may just have to go to the gym. I'd much rather exercise outside, but I haven't been getting enough this summer because the weather has not been cooperative. So I'd better start dong the gym thing again...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 8/29/24 6:45 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Jump Around, Trish!!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 8/29/24 9:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

LOL - surprised you know that one! Yes - I'll try for sure!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 8/29/24 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Friday-Eve before a long weekend that I'm ready for. I'm not making much of a dent on the project I'm working on and at this point we've got to decide how much effort we want to use before we try another route. I hope the new dose isn't too rough.

QOTD: Usually recommendations when I need something new.

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 436 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 342 views
Queen JB · 38 replies · 173 views
Queen JB · 37 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 204 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?