What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Greateight
on 8/28/24 5:44 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Is that a toad, QJB?

I have an appointment with the sleep doctor this morning. Yesterday they called and asked if I could bring in my machine, because they have no record of me using it. WTF? I suspect that when my original machine was recalled, the office forgot to update my records. Other than that, work from home, Crossfit, and Happy Hour.

We also have to pack because we are going away this weekend and we have the concert tomorrow night. DC Girl is going to be a little jelly, but I'm going to Oklahoma this weekend. A couple of the tennis ladies have children at OU and we are going out to the football game on Friday night. I've always wanted to see the Sooner Schooner. Well, they are playing Temple, so that crazy little wagon is going to be tooling all around the field as the score runs up. We have dinner on Saturday night, but not a lot of plans for the rest of the weekend.

I was hungry on Monday after the race, so I ordered a slice of pizza at the train station. When I got home, I realized that my older son had cooked a preposterous amount of steak. I had a little Monday night, a little last night, and Marilyn has been eating it. But we still have piles of it left.

QOTD: Sustenance Agriculture seems really romanti****il your children get sick and there are no antibiotics.

Breakfast: bagel

Lunch: Steak salad

Dinner: Maybe just cheese and crackers

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Dcgirl
on 8/28/24 9:37 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Haha - would I be jealous to miss the wagon spectacle or because you're hitting the state I may never get to?

Ironically the OK state fair and it's excellent people-watching were a topic on a call this morning with a customer who is driving from CA to GA for an upcoming move. He said the OK State Fair is the best in the country lol

Greateight
on 8/28/24 10:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

It's more the second, I know you have always listed Oklahoma as a not likely to visit state.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 8/28/24 1:47 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I drove through Oklahoma once while en route to Arizona. That was enough for me!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 8/28/24 6:09 am - Warren, OH

When I was in first grade, our teacher read a chapter of "Little House in the Big Woods" every day. I went on to read all of the books as I grew up. That was long before the TV show, which I never watched. I sometimes imagine what that world was like when I am in the woods with a lot of tall trees and no noises around.

I read a great book a few years ago that is a new biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder. Little House on the Prairie and the Truth About the American West. The original books are a combination of history and fiction but the new book is strictly historical and still fascinating stories.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 8/28/24 6:20 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and it's the Humpty again,

T-minus 48 hours until my flight. I'm at the airport but they said that this is not what they meant by allow enough time.

I'm hoping to get the last few pieces moved, visit the dry cleaners, packing a suitcase and other prep while I'm out of town.

QOTD- I can't drink plain water all day so I use crystal light squeezes. My faves are blue raspberry and cherry.

B: yogurt

L: Monterey chicken salad w/o cheese.

D: Paula birthday dinner.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Lisa91941
on 8/28/24 7:51 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. I did very well yesterday and my muscles are very aware of it today. 93 minutes of exercise, 11,451 steps and good food choices. I was nearly at 10,000 steps by 10 am, so you can see I took advantage of it and spent most of the rest of the day reading my book club book, Wish you were here by Jodi Picoult. I finished it and now have to remember the meat of it for the next 3 and 1/2 weeks. I struggle with that part because I'll read several additional books in that time frame and then I have to re-center myself to this book for discussion.

Today brings rest day in the exercise world for me. I need it I think. Plus lunching with the ladies and shopping. That's it for me. These are exciting days.

QoTD: No. Just no.

Bites

B: egg and leftover gyros meat

L: some fancy salad

D: Unexpectedly cheddar sausage and butternut gnocchi with tomatoes on the side.

Peace Everybody.

Sheila_H
on 8/28/24 8:26 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I'm like that. The second I move to another book the prev book is out of my brain.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Sheila_H
on 8/28/24 7:56 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Last night we went to one of our favorite seafood restaurants to celebrate our anniversary. I always have intentions to be "an adult" and order an alcoholic dinner. But after a sip or two I revert back to my old self and stick to water. Last night was the same, I had high hopes but nope. The food and the sunset on the water were great.

QOTD: nope, nope, nope. I get a very small taste of it when we backpack/hike and I do not want that life day in and day out.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Protein icecream - coffee
  • Skewered and charbroiled prawns, scallops, salmon, fresh fish. Served with fresh veggies and a beurre blanc on the side. One dark bread dinner roll
  • E: 5.5 miles wog

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 447 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 51 replies · 364 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 278 views