What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/28/24 2:23 am, edited 8/28/24 2:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! It's definitely a good sign that I am able to type in the same box as the meme! Can you believe I was able to work yesterday? I am scared to see what emails I was sending, haha. Sleep is such a nice thing. I went to bed at 7pm and slept through the night and I am feeling much better today. I am heading into the office soon.

Yesterday's QOTD from Amy was good and I never got a chance to respond. Since RNY surgery I have been practically allergic to water. Plain water of any type has had a hard time going down and it created sort of a radiating pressure in my chest. But ever since starting Wegovy, water is my BFF again. It's going down nicely and I can't get enough.

QOTD: Do you think you would have liked living like settler like in Little House on the Prairie days? I read all the books and watched the show and always romanticized it. I wanted to be Laura. But we visited the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Minnesota last weekend and I have completely changed my mind. What a tough life. I'll take central heat, internet, and Amazon any day, TYVM. Fun fact, though--in Laura's lifetime she went from traveling in a covered wagon and living in a sod house when she was a tiny little girl to flying on a jet plane when she was at the end of her life. The 1860s to 1960s were a pretty wild time in history.

Accountability: Yesterday I ate: protein coffee, a babybel cheese, a handful of cheez-its (leftover from the plane), a veggie burger with cheese, and a glass of red wine.

• protein coffee
  • salad from Cava
  • veggie burger with cheese

**edited to say that I forgot to say that I weighed in this morning and I am the exact same weight as when I left for MN last week. I would like to have seen a loss, but not bad for 4 days of eating out, I guess.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/28/24 4:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin QJB and everyone! So glad you're back in the sleeping column!

I'm in for a kind of busy day. We have to get groceries and maybe go to Sam's. I need to find out the size of the bike pedals for my recumbent stationary bike. It's so old that they are crumbling. Still useable but we'd like it to be more comfortable. I did a mile yesterday so I am quite proud of myself. Just a small thing but it's a start. My neck has really been bothering me for a few days, more so than normal. It's making sleep really hard.

QOTD: a big no. A very small part of me would like to see the country as it was before colonization. In the raw. That's about how far it goes,

B: low carb tortilla, egg whites, sausage and cheese. Coffee too.

L: no clue

D: salad with boiled eggs and chicken

Mel

Melody P.
on 8/28/24 10:13 am - Amarillo, TX

Soooooo. This happened.

meet Tommie(my mom named her). SHE is getting spayed in November and we'll check up next week. We now have 3 cats. She'll be in the garage bathroom until she's check out. Someone must of dumped her.

Mel

catwoman7
on 8/28/24 1:38 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

poor little kitty! I'm glad you guys took her in. There's a special place in hell for people who abandon pets!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 8/28/24 4:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

my life has really swung out of control lately. I'm hoping things will settle down next week when people get back to school and work (school for me - I'm taking two music courses (one on hip hop) - and possibly one on the Cold War, but the latter hasn't been approved yet. In a way I'm hoping it's not since two is more than enough). My brother is coming here on Tuesday and will be here for a week. Having house guests is fun but can be disruptive, but he'll be staying at my mother's apartment part of the time, so it should be fine. Plus at least he can take over while he's over there. Even though she now has home health aides for a couple of hours in the mornings, she's always calling me wanting me to do one thing or another. I'll gladly pass that off to John on the days he's with her.

today I have one of my film group meetings, and I may take a bike ride since the hot humid yuck weather we've had the last couple of days is gone. We're having yet another contractor come over to take a look at the windows we want replaced (but probably not today, thankfully), so I need to some straightening up, too. This place is a sty.

QOTD: no. Not at all. I didn't read that boo****il I was an adult (for a children's lit class), and I couldn't figure out why people would do that to their kids. What a hard, hard life.

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

the woman hosting the film group this morning will probably have food - she usually does - hopefully it'll be light (and/or I can control myself!)

protein chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

English muffin or Danish bread with butter, L&F yogurt

dinner TBA

have a great day, everyone!

Greateight
on 8/28/24 5:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good to see you back, Trish. I have bicycle questions, but I'm gathering my thoughts before i reach out.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 8/28/24 1:40 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

OK - I'm glad to help! And if I can't, I know lots of hard core cyclists who likely can!!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/28/24 4:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning everyone. I'm still a little hung over from the trip. I don't know how all of you travelers fly all the time. Our trip home got delayed 4 hours, and we had to wait at 2 am with 50 other people for the last shuttle to the remote parking lot. I'm driving next time.

Except, now I'm flying again, Friday at 5am. While we were in Minneapolis waiting for our return flight I got a phone call, and found out my nephew passed away. He was only 27. They still haven't said from what, but are waiting for the autopsy report. So my brother, daughter and I are headed to San Diego.

QOTD: I like modern amenities. I do not want to live in a preindustrial age. Please pass that on to the zombies.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 8/28/24 5:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry to hear about your nephew, so young.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 8/28/24 5:46 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 342 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 185 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 204 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?