What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/21/24 3:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I am ready for the Shenanigans, how about you?

Exciting news, I lost another half a pound yesterday! It's amazing how quickly the body responds after a stall is broken. I'm sure it will level off again soon, but it feels nice to see a little reward every day right now after so much waiting :)

Nothing too exciting today. I have lots of meetings and lots of stuff to do. I'm working from home so I am going to get to it early and try to make a dent.

We finally made it to a Knockouts Baseball game last night for the first time in ages. It was fun, but the last time we were there it was still in the high 80s at 8pm, and last night I was very ill prepared for how cold it was by 6:30pm. I didn't remember to bring a sweatshirt which was dumb, so I was shivering and we left early. We'll go back tonight and I will be prepared!

QOTD: Do you do most of your shopping online or in a store? I can't believe how little I shop in stores anymore. For ages I have gotten 90% of my clothes from StitchFix, all my incidentals from Amazon, and now that my grocery shopping is delivered through HungryRoot, I don't even go into grocery stores anymore. I cut through a very fancy mall on my way to work so I see all the things, but I never go in to buy anything.

Accountability: I ordered chicken tenders at the ball game and only had one before my body reminded me that we don't like fried food anymore, so that the end of dinner. Grim shared a little of his popcorn, though :)

• protein coffee
  • babybel & nuts
  • caesar salad with chicken
  • maybe a hotdog?
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 8/21/24 3:49 am - Warren, OH

Once in a while I will pick up meat or produce in person. The only other time I go to a store is to return something I bought on line. Congrats on continued weight loss.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 8/21/24 4:26 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Mornin' everyone. 54 degrees out right now. Summer is winding up. Food is on target, this should be an average day.

QOTD: I do my food shopping in a store. But most everything else I do online. Clothing sizes for men are much easier than women -- the sizes are consistent. I can order online confident that it will fit. Shoes are impossible to find in a store. No one carries my size, so it needs to be online. And pretty much everything else I get online, except for toiletries. For some reason those are more expensive than in a local store.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 8/21/24 4:37 am - Amarillo, TX

We're supposed to be 104° here today....105° tomorrow. I am just a lot jealous of that 54°

Mel

Julia S.
on 8/21/24 7:51 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

My roommates shoes are size 16 so the only place he can find them that are not wide is the big & tall shops. So I feel your pain.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Melody P.
on 8/21/24 4:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

I have two appointments today, both of which I'm dreading. First one with my psychiatric NP and the second is my mammogram. I am very flat chested so it's a rather painful thing. Not that it's exactly fun for anyone though. Imwas able to watch part of the DNC last night but missed the main two. Will watch them today! The roll call was fun! I'll be chainmailling in between everything and maybe a restful moment in there somewhere. It promises to be a long long day and I'm tired already. If I have a chance I may was my bedding.

Hoping my first appointment results in a different sleep medication.

QOTD: groceries are in person always for us. My mom is old school. I must admit I like to see what there is with certain things...what's new and what not. I do use Amazon for some things.

B: egg white and sausage burrito and coffee

The rest is unplanned.

Mel

Sheila_H
on 8/21/24 8:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

That meme is spot on!!!!!!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 8/21/24 5:01 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Buenos días! I've been lurking and not posting - I'm in a month of busy travel - Detroit, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Mexico City, deep creek Lake MD and Reading PA. So I keep tabs on y'all but haven't posted in a minute.

I woke up in a very dark room and forgot where I was! I'm in a Marriott haha.
Q: I love browsing at Marshall's and poking into boutiques but alas 90% of my stuff is bought online. I do go to Aldi and Costco fairly often too!

Eats today are up in the air. We have a workshop from 1-10. Kinda ridiculous. And they're ordering in sandwiches for lunch and pizza for dinner. Thanks to Wego y, I'll have a very sensible portion of whatever!

Have a wonderful day all!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/21/24 7:31 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Happy travels!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy Liz
on 8/21/24 5:19 am, edited 8/20/24 10:22 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Let the Shenanigans begin! Yesterday a fire broke out right behind my office and there was a work delay until 1pm. I was leaving at 2pm for a Dr appt anyway and I didn't want to commute in for just an hour so I worked from home. That makes today that much busier. My labs are all good and I'm happy that my lipids are all in normal range for the first time I can ever remember - very nice. A1C is 4.9. My mom had serious heart issues starting with a heart attack at 52 (I'm 55) and type II diabetes among other things so these numbers mean a lot to me. Ferritin was 65. It was 163 in 2016 when I started this journey. I need to switch to Proferrin. I've been taking the same bariatric iron chew since the beginning. I took Proferrin for about a week once, but just preferred the chew. I don't care about the chew anymore.

QOTD - Amazon for random things and items I can't find locally. Clothing - I want to see what I'm getting, but stores don't carry all that is offered online. I will usually look in store first - check out the colors and materials, maybe try something on then shop online and get better deals. This method has saved me ordering something that looked great online and was terrible in person. Or the other way around - something I passed up online but in person? Gorgeous. Food - I need to pick my own produce and meat. I can't leave that up to someone else, I just can't. Honestly, I love to grocery shop so this isn't a problem.

Accountability - good on food, 5 active minutes, 6,724 steps. Today I'm 170.8 - I guess we're doing this higher weight...okay scale, okay. I will rebound to 10k steps tonight. Trying to get back to my routine but I am being too soft - I need to be tougher - just do it.

B- coffee, cottage cheese, tomato, EBB, bacon

l - RGF burrito, greek yogurt, salsa

D- sausage, mushroom and cheese omelette

s - jerky, nectarine

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views