What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Grim_Traveller
on 8/20/24 5:22 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. I got a bunch done yesterday, and a little already this morning. But I have a couple of checkups later, and JB should be on the early train. Otherwise it's pretty quiet here.

Food has been very much on plan, partly because I have no idea what our weekend eating will be like. What do they eat in Minnesota? And I don't think they are serving food at this wedding were attending. In which case I might bring a couple of big boxes of snacks from Costco and sell them.

I finally got a tentative date for the solar install, just over a month from now. It's right after we're having our old boiler and oil tank taken out and a new gas boiler installed. Busy month.

QOTD: I've never seen a whale. Not since the restraining order after I freed Willy.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 8/20/24 7:39 am - Warren, OH

I forgot about all the whales I saw at Sea World through the years. I used to go every few years, until I watched Black Fish and cried every time I thought about how cruel the practice was. Thanks for freeing Willy.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Queen JB
on 8/20/24 7:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm going to be your best customer if you resell snacks!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 8/20/24 8:17 am
RNY on 08/21/12

For you, I have such a deal.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 8/20/24 5:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Congrats on your scale victory, you've put in the hard work it's great to see the visual result! Last night was a late one with work, but hopefully the extra work pays off today (pun intended) with a smooth payroll distribution day.

QOTD: I have been on a few whale watching boat rides and have seen them. Truly amazing to see.

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 8/20/24 7:29 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Beautiful day here. But it's going to be hot and humid this afternoon. It's due to break tomorrow, so YAY. I was not on goal at all yesterday it feels. I ate good meals and drank only water. So that's a win. But I was Snacky McSnackerson all day and didn't exercise and got in 7,245 steps. Today doesn't look much better from the exercise point, but we are taking the rig out and load up and set up is a lot of work. The park is real close and has several trails the city has been improving. I'm hoping to put those to good use. Back is still bad. Now taking prescription level pain meds at night and that does seem to be helping and relaxing the angry muscles.

QoTD: Yes! Orcas in the wild (and at Sea World) Hump backs, greys and blues for sure. Our last cruise through the inner passage in Alaska was whale city. We just sat in the glass lounge with wine and watched dozens of them.

Bites today!

B: egg, bacon

L: leftover chicken pesto

D: charcuterie plate with figs and prosciutto. And probably wine. It's my favorite set up day meal.

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 8/20/24 7:32 am - Warren, OH

I am so happy that the weight loss effort is finally paying off. I used to lose in chucks of weight like that, usually seven pounds. Then I would slack off and quit weighing myself, because I felt I had worked so hard and been so deprived. The only time I easily lost and kept it off was after the RNY. I used to weigh multiple times every day and people would say that was wrong. I still weigh every morning and before bed every night. I believe that being in denial is the biggest reason for most people's gains. My last big effort was Weigh****chers duing the pandemic and I have not gained any of that weight back. It was about 35 pounds and I had carried it for at least five years.

My niece was in Boston last month and went to a whale watch. They saw some spectalar whales jumping and playing and also a mother and baby. Probably beginners luck. It is still on my bucket list.

Sheila_H
on 8/20/24 8:15 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

LOL, OK that fish looks demented! I have no idea people who don't sleep 8-9 hours a night how they function. I would be so crabby. Very happy to hear the stall has been demolished and you are on your way to losing more lbs.

We are finally in our real summer weather, no more fog when we get up. This means the valley is cooling down and now we can get to enjoy sunshine every day till mid Oct. Luna also got a shorter haircut to compensate for the warm weather, she looks very cute and can't wait to show off her new cut to the dogs at the park. DH was joking that the other dogs will ask her who her stylist is.

QOTD - we do have a lot of whales around here, sometimes you can see their spouts from the beach. I gotta say though recently the whale watching boats have become shark watching boats! There is more possibility to see sharks than whales.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Chicken skewers w/homemade tzatziki sauce
  • Jerky, cherries, barebells bad
  • Protein icecream - snickerdoodle
  • E: 5.5 miles wog

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 8/20/24 1:33 pm - Warren, OH

The first time I saw your area of California I was enchanted. I remember talking to a waiter who had left his New York City law practice and took a job as a waiter just to live there. I was at Catalina Island and thought the guys running the parasailing boat had the greatest life on earth. Just a different life than the corporate office job I was doing at the time. You live in a wonderful place and it would be so fun to see whales.

I bet Luna's friends were so jealous.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?