What's on your Monday Menu?

Mkess
on 8/19/24 7:01 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

It's a beautiful day in DNC hosting Chicago. I was chosen for Late Show w Stephen Colbert tickets on Wednesday night. Hakeem Jeffries is the guest. I'm looking forward to it. I do need to find out the time commitment though. I'm supposed to be there at 7:30 and if we need to stay until after it airs, we will be there past midnight. Tonight is Hillary Clinton and I would have really liked to see her guest.

I'm chalk full of medical appts today; Pain Management Doctor, Orthopedic Doctor, Therapist, Physical Therapy. I'm expected to be wore out by the end of my day.

QOTD- Yes. I gained almost my weight consistently binging on sweets and savories. I say binging because eating everything in sight all the time counts as a decade's long binge.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Fairlife Shake

D: sushi.

I didn't post Friday so here are pics for my fancy pants dinner last week.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Melody P.
on 8/20/24 12:52 am - Amarillo, TX

Food looks fantastic!

I'm a little jelly over Colbert! Hope it works out so you can indeed go.

Mel

Greateight
on 8/19/24 7:08 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

With the convention, we have the choice as to whether to come in to the office this week or work from home. Since I leave early on Mondays for open water swim class, I decided to come in this morning and take off early. I will work from home Tuesday through Thursday and be back in town for the weekend on Friday.

Had a great weekend, mostly training and fishing. This week, I will taper off: 2 swims, 2 runs, and 2 CrossFit classes. Nothing on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. There are a few seminars that I need to attend on Saturday and bicycle drop off is Saturday evening. One thing I know for certain is that in a room full of bicycles, nobody is going to steal mine.

Tommorow I have an interview at the airport for Global Entry.

QOTD: meat and vegetables made me large, but sugar made me fat.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: catered

Dinner: Hamburgers

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 8/19/24 7:47 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. No workout for me today. My back won't handle it. So hoping for a walk to help stretch things out. They gave me Tramadol, and I'm hoping to not have to use that in the daytime. I think it's time to go back to the orthopedic surgeon and see what's up. Been trying to avoid that.

I had a great weekend on accountability food and beverage wise. Great on movement Saturday. Slug on Sunday.

Today I have a short list of stores to visit and get prepped. We are taking the rig out to a local reservoir tomorrow for a few days just to shake out the cobwebs and get all the systems running. 10 minutes from home and easy peasy.

QoTD: Mostly savory. Occasionally caramel popcorn. For years I called my left thigh french fries and my right thigh chardonnay. But even when I cut all those things out completely for the last year, I was still gaining.

Bites today

B: leftover cod with miso lemon

L: last of the turkey tenderloins and mashed potatoes

D: Pesto chicken with orzo and burrata

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 8/19/24 9:12 am - Warren, OH

Sorry you had a rough day yesterday and hope today is much better. I ate ice cream everyday and let it melt some so I could eat it faster. I also ate lot of pasta and thought it was the right thing because I was avoiding fat. Also a lot of cookies, cake, candy, which I mostly ate in secret because I did not want anyone to see a fat lady eating a candy bar. At parties, I tried to sit near another person who was overweight and together we could avoid the treats.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 8/19/24 9:16 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Carbs both salty and sweet.

You would think this far out from surgery I would know better. But Saturday afternoon I ate too much too fast and was in misery for the next 6 hours. Wanting to vomit, and get the horse off of my chest. I really thought I might be having a heart attack. Of course at the same time we had an extreme lightning and thunder storm. It rained so hard there were 2 places in my patio where it look like a spring was bubbling up from the ground. I've never seen that before. I hate thunder and lightning. Of course my roommate slept through it, he's like what storm?

So far the OTA DVR is not a hit. I tried to record the Seahawks game and only got the first 13 minutes, not sure if the storm had something to do with that or not. I'll try it again and if it doesn't work it will be going back. Of course it recorded the pregame show just fine...

I finally went to see Despicable Me 4, I think I was the only one in the theater. There were 2 people behind me but at the end of the movie they weren't there. I loved it, there are so many things that I think missed some of them and will watch it again when it's streaming. Next up is Deadpool and Wolverine.

I need to schedule a bone density test and another vitamin D test to see if the level has gone down any.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?