What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/19/24 1:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^actual photo of me this weekend^^

Morning all! I am not sure exactly what happened to me yesterday. Food poisoning? A stomach bug? Not sure, but the pain started overnight and I was a yucky mess all day yesterday. In positive news, I got a lot of much needed rest and lost 3.5lbs. I can think of less aggressive ways to achieve these results but, whatever, I will take them :)

Assuming my coffee stays down okay this morning (so far so good), I will head into the office to sit in on Day 1 of our new faculty orientation. It should be a nice day of schmoozing and fine dining (if my stomach can take it). These events are always nicely catered and will include a fancy breakfast and lunch.

QOTD: Do you think you gained most of your weight on sweet treats or savory? Grim and I were talking about this last night. I am 99% sure that fries, bread, and macaroni were the biggest culprits for me. Not that I didn't indulge in too much chocolate, too, but the simple carbs were definitely my staples.

Accountability: I only had Propel water yesterday (not even coffee!!!****il about 5pm when I had a small tortilla with dairy free cream cheese. I couldn't think of anything more plain but it still didn't sit well.

Food is a mystery today. I am scared to eat, and I have no idea what will be on the menu for the first 2 meals. But I am pretty psyched about breaking my 3 week stall that I was stuck in with Wegovy, so I am super motivated to make good choices.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 8/19/24 3:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning gang. I'm hoping to have a good shop day today, and get back to a normal activity level. Leaving in a few to bring JB to the train, then I'll get to it. I went to see the Deadpool movie yesterday -- it is not for kids. The popcorn was delicious.

Have a great day.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 8/19/24 4:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I went out of my way not to answer the QOTD for you!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 8/19/24 7:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Doh! I have a short attention span.

QOTD: I probably consumed more calories from the potato category than any other source. Chips, fries, whatever. But I ate a ton of sweet things too.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 8/19/24 4:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Sorry to hear about you. Ot feeling well yesterday, hoping today brings complete recovery.

My mom has an appointment today with her cardiologist. Then we need to pick the kids up from school. That's all the planned activities. I woke up from a dream that I had been shot in the right shoulder. Woke up crying because it was hurting so much. I am so completely exhausted and tired of pain. Just keep swimming.

QOTD: if I had to pick one it'd be savory

B: eggs, cheese, chicken and coffee x3

L: enchilada(I used low carb flour tortillas ) and ???

D: probably a chicken wrap with cheese and peach bourbon BBQ sauce

S: strawberries, hummus and a small naan

that's me in the weather we're dealing with. Over 100° for at least the next week, they're saying we'll most likely break the record for most consecutive days of 100° + days....oh joy,

Mel

Amy Liz
on 8/19/24 5:06 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Hope you feel better JB and congrats on the loss! I had an amazing weekend. I made all my favorite healthy foods, walked, relaxed, sunned, read, shopped til' I dropped, finally watch the rest of House of Dragon, got a facial and massage, had a glass of wine and even bought a lotto ticket. It was as restorative weekend for sure. I woke up very stiff and sore but my skin is soft and I can't see any pores on my nose - I'll take it.

Today I have a ton to do at work, rinse and repeat...

QOTD - Body by salty, fried foods - tacos, fries and chips mostly. I did love Ben and Jerry's and candy but that would only be 10% of 'body by' pie.

Accountability - extra-extra crackers and a thoroughly enjoyed glass of wine. 10 active minutes, 5,955 steps. I don't know how I got stand credits while not wearing my watch for 3 hours yesterday, but okay. Today I'm 168.2 and bloated! No planned exercise, but may take a work walk if time allows. Too stiff (and lazy) for the treadmill today, but definitely will tomorrow - setting intentions here.

B- coffee, protein shake, legendary pastry

l - chicken caesar bowl w/extra added chicken

d- ham steak, mashed potatoes and peas

s - watermelon, nectarine

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Sheila_H
on 8/19/24 5:13 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Oh no JB, hopefully it was just a bug that is now passed. Losing weight because you are sick is no fun.

We had a pretty busy weekend.

On Saturday one of DH's oldest friends turned 60, they are 4 months apart and they were crib mates. There are pics of the two of them in side by side cribs. So the guy for his big 6-0 bday requested all the invitees to go SUPing. We launched from the famous shark park, thank goodness no sharks in sight but so many seals. You could almost play Whac-A-Mole with them; one seal would pop up and upon seeing us would go under water, then another seal would pop up. They were so cute. After the ocean activities we all went home got changed and went back to their house for a taco truck party. All in all great time with great friends.

Here is a pic of DH and his buddy when they were 10-12 years old and Sat night. We should have taken a pic of them on the beach but I forgot.

On Sunday I had my brunch with my moms group, was hoping for a rigorous beach walk but we were gabbing so much that time flew and we all headed home.

QOTD - hands down sweets. Icecream, cookies, chocolate.

My meals yesterday: (I'm kinda embarrassed about my food intake but that's why I do "the day before" so I can be totally honest)

• Iced Coffee + croissant
  • Jerky
  • Protein icecream - latte w/caramel
  • E: strength training

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 8/19/24 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I hope you're feeling better today, JB. Take it as easy as possible. I got to have Em stay here over the weekend and for a few more days, not ideal cir****tances but one of her roommates has Covid and with Em's shift supervisor training starting today she thought it was a good idea to be cautious. I am ready to start the new work week and am hopeful that the stresses of last week are in the past.

QOTD: Sweets for me.

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Either spaghetti with zucchini "noodles" or avocado and cottage cheese on Swedish flatbread.

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Maddymoe2
on 8/19/24 6:49 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning and happy Monday! I haven't posted in a while, but I know that I need to for accountability.

We had a wonderful and busy weekend. My daughter and I had a garage sale on Friday. We met so many nice people and made around $300. My son flew home from Georgia. He has been away for military training. It was nice to have both of my kids and granddogs home.

QOTD- I would say savory and sweet both. Carbs have always been my downfall. I loved all the salty, cheesy and crunchy things. I can't have cheeze its in the my house or sourdough bread. I have zero willpower.

Accountability- Not enough water and too many White Claws. I have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for the past few months and I know that I need to not drink. I am going to be 50 in 2 months and I want to be my best. So, I have decided to take a break from drinking. I am going to talk to my counselor about it when I see her Tuesday and get a plan moving forward.

Food plan for today-

Eggs and cottage cheese

chicken inside a low carb wrap, laughing cow cheese, lettuce and dill pickle

tri tip, broccoli, tomatoes from the garden

protein jello

Vitamins and lots of water

Greateight
on 8/19/24 6:59 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Great to see you! And 50 - what a youngster.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics