What's your plans for this Saturday?

Melody P.
on 8/17/24 1:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Good Saturday mornin everyone! Hope the weekend is treating you well!

Not a lot planned for today. We have to pick up my mom's prescriptions at Walmart and I hope that's all we do. She may want to go to the thrift store as they're having a sale. It's national thrift day or something another.

I started journaling yesterday. I found a list of prompts for weight loss type things. So that will hopefully provide some insight.

QOTD: I'll share the first prompt I used. What inspired you to get on this weight loss journey?

i'd of literally been dead. Unfortunately I've let myself get back to a danger zone. I'm determined to get it right no matter how long it takes me. I've ordered a book and workbook on emotional eating and binging. It should be here either today or Monday. I need to work on it because no one else can do it for me.

B: Eggs, cheese and mustard BBQ sauce. Coffee x 3

L: Pizza sticks, about 230 calories in them. Half a serving of low salt potato chips

D: I haven't decided whether to make enchiladas today or tomorrow. They will be chicken and I'm going to use low carb flour tortillas instead of corn ones. They will have a sour cream and green chili sauce. Or just sour cream with the hatch chilies on the inside. Not following a recipe per se.

this meme/info graphic is so much me. I really do try and be positive. I have treatment resistant depression. Some days are great and some days just are not. I keep going though. I'm too stubborn to give in to the darkness totally. However tempting it might be to go there. Of course there is Mona Lisa, she is such a good and loving pup,

Mel

Amy Liz
on 8/17/24 5:45 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yay for Saturday! Rob just left for Vegas so the weekend is mine! Feeling spa inspired, so a little pampering and healthy eating for me this weekend. I'm taking Chloe to the beach and shopping in my favorite little beach town, hitting the farmers market and home for yummy food, some sun time, a nap and then pure Amy TV. Tomorrow, taking little girl on a hike, some retail therapy and then I have a facial and a massage in the afternoon - ahhhh. Rob should go to Vegas more often.

QOTD - Misery and depression prompted me, and my sister who brought me to a seminar and opened my eyes. I was exhausted all the time and it's hard to care about what you eat when you feel like that. It felt like it was the right thing to do, a chance at a better life. But surgery is only a tool - you still have to do the work. I found this out the hard way with a huge regain. If someone says surgery is the easy way out - they obviously haven't been through it. Even those that reach their goal and stay there have to work at it everyday - it never ends. I know this now and I will keep fighting and doing the work to never feel like that again. The alternative is misery.

Accountability - great on food, 15 active minutes, 5,740 steps. Today - 166.8 will walk on the beach and not much else.

B- coffee, mushroom sausage omelet

l - Mediterranean chopped salad with pita chips

d - grilled pork w/dry fried green beans

s - watermelon and nectarine

Have a fabulous day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 8/17/24 6:01 am - Amarillo, TX

It sounds like the weekend will be absolutely amazing for you! Yay! You deserve it.

Mel

White Dove
on 8/17/24 6:41 am - Warren, OH

Surgery is the solution for somewhere between 18 months and three years. Once the effects of the surgery wear off, it is about food choices and exercise, just like before surgery. You have done great with your journey. Enjoy your amazing weekend.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 8/17/24 7:46 am
RNY on 11/21/16

100%. I was 3+ years out when the regain really started, then covid happened and it was all downhill from there - totally off the rails. Coming back from regain was so much harder than losing the initial weigh after my first surgery. I've learned my lesson and surrounded myself with support and healthy habits. I'm far from perfect but I listen to my body and don't beat myself up anymore. I will never let go like that again.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 8/17/24 9:15 am - Warren, OH

Even without COVID many people regain all or most of the lost weight. My regain started at 30 months and was a pound a week. I was able to eat everything and it was a battle after that. I went back to Weigh****chers a few times and finally got it under control, but it was years of struggling with the scale.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 8/17/24 8:08 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and Happy Saturday. It's cool and grey out right now and I should be out walking in it. Maybe in a bit. I'm watching my world through perfectly clean windows and that makes me quite happy.

Yesterday was a total success for me with all good food choices, nothing bu****er, 115 minutes of exercise and 10,403 steps. First time I have hit my step goal in about 2 weeks. My back is a tad bit tetchy this morning, but I think a walk will help loosen it up. I'm easing back into my regular work out routine and being very selective about what I'm doing. I don't want to slip backwards and need to start over.

No plans today. A walk, maybe a quick stop in the grocery store for yogurt. I'm wanting to break out stuff and paint, but man I hate the mess. Wish I had a dedicated space for that.

QoTD: I was just sick to death of being miserable in my own body and nothing else was working. Chapped inner thighs, sweating all the time, achy back and my ankles hurt all the damn time. I disagree a bit on the "it only work for the first 18 months - 3 years " thought process. While my body has recovered the ability to hold on to more calories, my restriction is still very strong and keeps me from gorging on anything. Don't get me wrong. Exercise is the best thing I can do for my mental health, making my body strong and burning calories. But what I choose to eat and drink and how I choose to do them is just as important. My body doesn't subscribe to calories in, calories out. It just doesn't. I had the metabolism of a sloth pre surgery and now it's different. I'm using this tool I was lucky enough to get in every way I can. And that includes listening to my pouch and just stepping away from the food, having good food choices around me and always, always remembering that if I am truly hungry after I serve myself a proper meal, I can go back for more. But if I over serve myself, I'm usually going to try and keep picking at it if I love the taste and then I feel like crap.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?