What's on your Thursday Menu?

catwoman7
on 8/16/24 5:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think I had some when I spent a summer in South Africa once (it was winter there..), but I ended up not taking them.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 8/16/24 5:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

check a malaria map of Cambodia - I just read that it's not a risk in Phnom Penh and Angkor Wat, so if those are the only places you're going in Cambodia, you may not need them. It said the highest risk area is northeastern Cambodia. Of course you could take some a long "just in case"...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 8/15/24 6:23 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning all. Just a regular old day today. I'm still not allowed to do a lot, so my big plan is some laundry and watching the last two episodes of The Acolyte.

QOTD: My dad didn't cook. Men had jobs, women had jobs, and men didn't cook. Turns out men's jobs were mostly telling us to mow the lawn, shovel the driveway, etc. I wanted to think my mom was a good cook, but she really wasn't. Most meals were a meat, a potato, a canned or frozen vegetable. Sunday dinners were the same, but we usually ate in the dining room instead of the kitchen, and the meat was usually a roast.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 8/15/24 6:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

But her PB squares are legend!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 8/15/24 9:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12

She made excellent desserts. I'm living proof.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 8/15/24 6:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

The weather has been nice around here even opted to go to an Italian festival on Sunday rather than use the pool. I hope the weather holds up and yinz enjoy the game.

I am so impressed with this floor guy. When I stopped by last night, he left things so clean and neat. I could not believe someone was in the middle of a project. We also did not need to replace any sub flooring because whoever but the last floor in put it on top of a linoleum floor and the water did not go through to the floorboards. To me it looks like he might finish up today. That would work out perfect.

2 more days then I'm off to the beach. Not as easy as it once was. I could be in the car packed and ready to go with in an hour before. Now I got to organize mom organize the dog, make sure Ron has everything he needs. I actually thought in my head I should just stay home this is too much work. Then I remembered my opportunities to be on the beach are slim so just get your act together.

QOTD: We say my mom was a bad cook but that women would make over 10 loaves a bread every week when we were kids. She also makes a mean Beef Stroganoff, and stuffed cabbage. Dad did most of the cooking and I do blame him for my obesity. He was a clean your plate person and portions were always way too big.

Accountability: I made Caramel covered cheeseballs a few may have fallen in my mouth.

TSS: 6 years 8-months 5 day 165.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: chicken salad

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: garden salad w HB egg, rotisserie chicken, lemon and olive oil dressing

D: crack chicken quesadilla

Exercise: dog walking,

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Julia S.
on 8/15/24 6:50 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- My Mom was a pretty good cook, not spectacular but not horrible. Ironically she never cooks now.

I had a really good experience with my mammogram yesterday. It was less than 40 minutes and I had the results right then. I also discovered that there are 6 staples in my right breast. Who knew? I got to see them and I was pretty much shocked. It was so much less stressful than going to the hospital.

Cloudy and overcast today, it's only supposed to get up to 75 today, I'm enjoying the cooler weather.

Day 2 of my roommates job, so far he likes it. He picks up a truck and trailer and meets a truck from California at the truck stop in Halsey they swap trailers and he delivers to a bunch of locations in the metro area. He's going to be doing 4X10's so he will have a 3 day weekend. He just needs to make sure he follows the DOT hours and stays safe.

I have a mani-pedi today and get my hair done tomorrow those are my big plans.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Amy Liz
on 8/15/24 7:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm super tired and I need coffee badly but I have to get more bloodwork done this morning. Thankful the lab opens at 6am though I'd love a 24 hour one. I could roll up in my PJ's at 3am and have my coffee waiting in the car. Or if there is a 24 hour lab, there would be a 24 hour Starbucks right next door! I have a ton to do at work today, I feel buried but I will sort it out and get organized.

QOTD - My mom was a great cook, so was my dad and they loved to try new recipes. I still have their favorite newspaper and magazine recipe clippings in an old photo album.

Accountability - good for food and 5,492 steps. 166.8 today - I will do what I can stepwise

b- coffee, protein shake

l - RGF burrito, greek yogurt and salsa

d - blackened chicken tender lettuce wraps w/cucumbers

s - nectarine, watermelon

Have a good day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Greateight
on 8/15/24 7:42 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I love nectarines!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 8/15/24 7:28 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. It's deceptive looking outside. Looks nice and chilly and gray. In fact it's warm and moist and gray. Ick.

Really good day yesterday and I bought ALL the things at Trader Joe's and also went to my little butcher shop for a couple items. I had so many great choices I stood in front of the fridge when it came time to make dinner trying to decide what to cook. There were NO peanut M&M's for the second day in a row. I may be on the train to recovery over them. Still not much exercise. Only 4612 steps. Today probably won't be much better, but I am aiming on my yoga and spin classes tomorrow and will modify as needed.

QoTD: Nope, she was terrible. Frozen squares of veggies like orange squash. Pork chops that had torn up white bread, salt and pepper and poultry seasoning with an egg mixed in piled on top and then cooked until we could wear them for school shoes and boom, dinner was on the table. Or one pot meals of overcooked everything and watery sauces. Blech. My Dad helped out, but he cooked bologna as bacon and deep fried our tater tots in murky reused Crisco he kept in a can on the side of the stove. I'd take his food any day. You know you were raised poor if you thought bologna as bacon was a real treat! Now when I cook him dinner he always says something like "I don't know where you got your cooking skills from, but I sure am glad you found them!"

Bites today

B: cottage cheese and TJ Sous Vide turkey tenderloins

L: Spicy Poke bowl with cabbage and edamame

D: Zoom happy hour with Jim and Marilyn! I'm sticking with mini beef birria tacos made with zero carb flour tortillas, roasted shi****o peppers, refried beans all cooked up sheet pan style and eaten sort of like nachos. And a nice bottle of Tempranillo Spanish red wine.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?