What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Dcgirl
on 8/14/24 4:15 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hmmm I could be you. I got a $100 camera ticket in the mail this weekend. Those are the tickets I mostly get. I got a doozy of a speeding ticket when Covid had just sort of eased up and I went to a wedding in NC and flights were allcanceled by American on Halloween weekend and I had to rent a car to get back and got pulled over going like 87 in a 65 ten minutes later and had to hire a lawyer (total scam) who got it down to "improper equipment use" for damn near $100. It's a racket. I got no less than 20 letters in the mail from "law firms" offering to help.
Wegovy woes...yes, occasionally I have them too. Twice now I've felt what I would call "nausea adjacent" after my shot. Thankfully it subsides quickly. Normally my stomach can handle any old thing but I haven't had sugar in food so I'm not sure how it would make me react. But moaning in your office after a no sugar added yogurt sounds awful! As hard as it is, maybe a few days of protein will be a good test if the meds just work adversely for you? I'm sorry for so much trial and error. I guess it's working if it forces us away from sugar and fried stuff lol. It's like "hmmmm I love it but does it have to work THAT well?" LOL

Im off to my hometown today for a little reunion with my high school friends. Missy Elliott convert, meals out, hanging in an airbnb...chatting. My soul will be happy (and exhausted!) when I get home Sunday! I'm very stoked for a 4 day weekend though my day today is rather busy (nothing like Jen's though!!!)

Meals are cottage cheese mashed with 1 hard oiled egg for breakfast and leftover Peruvian chicken for lunch. And some sort of snack in the delta lounge when I land while I wait for another friend to land! Have a wonderful day!!!

Grim_Traveller
on 8/14/24 5:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Driving in North Carolina is terrible. Don't get me started.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 8/14/24 9:11 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I mistyped! It cost me $1,000 in the end! Damn NC!

Emiepie
on 8/14/24 5:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Your weekend sounds amazing, enjoy!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 8/14/24 4:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Sorry to hear you are having woes with Wegovy, sounds like a check-in is in order. I am WFH today and trying try to get an appt w/my Dr. I really should have had my bloodwork done already, but I didn't plan very well and I've already had coffee today. My staff person that resigned last week rescinded her notice, what a relief! One less thing to worry about.

QOTD - I don't remember my last parking ticket, it's been a few years.

Accountability - good foodwise, 4 active minutes and 4,830 steps and today will be less than that I'm sure, no plans. 166.8 today.

B- coffee, 1/2 protein bagel w/light cream cheese, tomato and a protein shake

l- chopped salad with blackened chicken strips

d - ham and cheese omelet

s - strawberry lemonade sorbet - yum

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 8/14/24 5:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I didn't know you were dealing with a resignation. That's one of my "issues" right now.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 8/14/24 4:59 am - Warren, OH

I have had three speeding tickets in my life about 20 years apart. I really resent paying them and slow down for a long time if I do get one. I have never had a parking ticket but usually park at malls or plazas and not downtown.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 8/14/24 5:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I've been able to get through a lot of my to-do list this week, so I'm feeling a lot less stressed. Nothing on the agenda today, but I should probably spend an hour or so cleaning and get started on the book we're reading for my book discussion group next week. I scheduled my hip surgery for Dec 18! The surgeon's office finally got back to me on my message re: how much pain I'm actually having (mostly mild - only rarely severe - but the joint is always stiff and I have limited range of motion with that leg. Also, I walk with a limp due to lack of cartilage in that hip, but not in the other). If you recall, the visit summary that I read the day after my consult went on and on about all the severe pain I was having. WTF? Did I get someone else's report? At any rate, I was wondering if my REAL story would change the surgeon's opinion (since he didn't do my intake interview - a resident did). His PA messaged me yesterday and said the joint is in really bad condition. It's bone on bone, so it'll need to be replaced at some point, but if I'm not feeling much pain now, I can hold off for six months - or a year - or two years - or whenever it gets to the point that it's really affecting my quality of life. He said it will eventually become more and more painful. So I decided to schedule it since I knew they'd be booked out for a few months - so I have plenty of time to cancel it if I decide to hold off for a while.

QOTD: maybe 30 years ago?

we have dinner out tonight, I'm going to a luncheon tomorrow, and then a wine & cheese social on Friday night, so I need to eat lightly the rest of the time for the next few days (I'll also go biking today - it burns a lot of calories!)

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

protein shake

cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie

protein muffin (?)

I'll get an appetizer or a salad - or maybe the "Korean bowl" I spotted on the menu (and only eat 1/2 or 1/3 of it, depending on size)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 8/14/24 7:28 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I think there is something positive to be said about having surgery while you are still strong and your muscles are working well. Waiting until everything is a total **** show could really add to recovery. Also, you might investigate what they are calling "pre-hab" where you work with a PT or trainer specifically building up body strength in that area. It will give you a boost on the recovery end. Just my thoughts...

Emiepie
on 8/14/24 5:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I had a few meetings yesterday and some follow up ones between today and tomorrow that I have to deal with. I didn't rest well with work on my mind. Ever feel stuck between a rock and a hard place when having to make a decision? I feel in my gut I know the right direction to go but it's definitely not the easy way in the short term.

QOTD: Not a parking ticket but a ticket for using a toll lane when we thought you didn't have to have a pass on the weekend. Paid it but then somehow my plate ended up on some list and we kept getting tickets sent in the mail (like 2-3 a week) and when accessing the site to review it the picture of the car were obviously not mine so we'd have to contest the ticket. After a few calls they added a flag on to my plate that has them review the system if a ticket populates.

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Tri tip salad with avocado, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1311 Protein:103 Carbs:129 Fat:50

Have a great day!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics