What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 8/13/24 9:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You certainly deserve a break after taking on all the mom duties while your brother recovered!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 8/13/24 7:25 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's packing up day. One more meal to cook and loads to pack and the littles are off for home. Wheeeeeee. Or Boo. On the fence. Then we need to deep clean this house. 2 littles, the huge dogs, 2 adults. Scrubbing indeed.

Yesterday was all in the car or at appointments. 6800 steps. 10 flights of stairs. Zero intentional excercise. Excellent food choices were made and I'm feeling good this morning.

QoTD: No I am not. I've worked hard, made mistakes, made glorious decisions, embraced the journey and feel well set and and suited for the life ahead of me. It's like my wrinkles, I earned every one and the future was hard earned and is exciting.

Bites today

B: send off breakfast. Sausage is cooking. Bacon is next. (one likes sausage, one likes bacon) cheese shell tortillas and svcrambled eggs.

L: TBD Fridge cleaning is happening today

D: also TBD, though I would love to run to the market and get a nice piece of fresh fish to make with lemon and miso.

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Julia S.
on 8/13/24 7:45 am, edited 8/13/24 3:50 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I'm having to rethink my retirement plans. I was hoping to go right after I start SS but that isn't happening. Unless the interest rates go down and I can refinance my house.

I was supposed to have a mammogram today but just found out the place I have been going for the last 17 years is now out of network. It's a good thing that I called so now I need to find another place for my mammogram. I hate this. Mammograms send me off the deep end anyway, don't want to have another round of breast cancer.

So I need to do some research and then get back to work. I'm behind on my jobs, I have one that was due yesterday and I just started it today.

Have a great day everyone!

UPDATE-I found a place to do the mammogram that my insurance covers. They also had a cancellation so I see them tomorrow at 10AM. It's a much smaller place and it's all that they do, so I think it will be a good fit and less stressful for me.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Teenie
on 8/13/24 7:56 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good luck finding a testing place. Hope you catch up on work soon. You got this!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 8/13/24 8:26 am - Warren, OH

At General Motors, when you had your 50th birthday, they called you into the office and made an early retirement offer. They were generous buyouts with the company paying you your social security and pension until you turned 67 and qualified for full retirement. Every year following the buyout amounts increased.

It made it easier to get rid of the older workers and replace them with younger ones. I was not ready at 50 but one of my friends took the buyout and ended up with a very stress-free life. She took a part-time job at a church near her home and spent her time at home with her husband and cats.

I finally retired at 62. For a few years, I spent my time at the gym, the pool, and took up line dancing three or four nights a week. I took a lot of vacations and did whatever I wanted. Then I decided I wanted to do something else and income tax was something I liked and could do for a few months a year.

When I was younger, I worked doing hair. I went to college at night and got a computer degree. I went to work for GM and still did hair on the weekends and in the evenings. It took me a while to finally quit the hair and just work at one job. It was a big decision to quit but such a big relief when I finally did.

As long as you have your health, you can always work. My brother-in-law is 88. He retired from Ford and has had his own tax business for more than 20 years. My sister wants him to quit the tax business, but he does not want to do that. He plays golf every morning and has a part-time job at the golf course that allows him to pay very reduced greens fees.

It might be a good idea to just concentrate on your new position without the added stress of trying to maintain the cookie business. The minor illnesses can be a sign that your body wants more rest. I think the first year in any job requires your full-time concentration to learn new skills and new routines. I always wanted to be free to try new challenges at work.

You worked hard to get your current position and there is nothing wrong with taking time for yourself. The cookie business has been a great adventure, and your talent will always be with you. I believe the secret is listening to your body and doing what feels best for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 8/13/24 11:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Hey everyone. I started reading 6 hours ago, and kept nodding off every couple of sentences.

Everything went well yesterday. I was there from about 5am till after dinner. Not eating or drinking since the evening before was rough -- i cleaned out the vending machine on the way out the door, and then only ate one thing going home. That Mrs. Freshley knows her ****

They used general anesthesia, and it might have kept me from sleeping last night. Hence the all-day grogginess. And the places on both sides of the groin where they put the catheters to reach the heart are really sore. But they stopped the Afib, and I've got a normal heart rhythm. Fingers crossed it lasts.

Thanks for asking after me. I'm going to take a nap.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/13/24 12:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Glad to see you here! It can take a few days for all the anesthesia to work itself out so be kind to yourself for a few days!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 8/13/24 4:41 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Rest up! Thanks for checking in.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 8/13/24 11:24 pm - Amarillo, TX

Glad to hear from you! And glad to hear no more a-fib.

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views