What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Melody P.
on 8/13/24 11:21 pm - Amarillo, TX

Yum! Hoping the dinner was all you expected it to be!

Mel

Sheila_H
on 8/13/24 5:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Glad to hear Grim is home and resting.

JB, when you got on the GLP1 medication did they give you a list of food to stay away from? It seems like the drs are not doing their jobs if you have to do trial and error to see what works and what doesn't work.

I'm having a busy day on the road but nothing major. As usual I have packed so much protein like I'm going into a famine or there are no stores around. But I'd say better be ready than looking around for a protein source.

QOTD - oh goodness me, so many forks and I chose one thing over another. Looking back I think I'd rather be busy than inactive. As they say you can sleep when you are dead. But my future goals are always changing, isn't that the beauty of life? Nothing is written in stone and we have the power to change it at will.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Fluffy yogurt + edamame pouch
  • Cherries, figs
  • Protein icecream - chocolate brownie
  • E: strength training

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 8/13/24 5:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I'm glad you and Grim are both doing well. Yesterday was a pretty busy with a few unplanned meetings but it did go by pretty quickly. Thank you all again for all the support and comments yesterday on my 10 year surgiversary.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with shock wave therapy? John went to a chiropractor yesterday for some hip/back/neck issues and they ended up talking about his plantar fasciitis. He is going to try the shock therapy for that. Anyhow, he asked if it could be used for my ankle/tendon issues and they said absolutely. I am thinking it might be worth a shot before I undergo surgery again but am trying to do some research on it.

QOTD: I still wonder in the back of my mind how things would have changed in the last six months if I'd changed jobs. I feel I made the right decision but won't lie about there sometimes being that "what-if" thought passing through.

TSS: 10 years

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Tri tip salad with avocado, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1311 Protein:103 Carbs:129 Fat:50

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 8/13/24 7:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have not done the shockwave but I had a lot of benefit from the dry needling with the electricity. I did have a friend that did like 6 session of the shock thing for his sciatica and an Achilles tendon issue and it helped. I think he said it's a very common pre surgery intervention in Europe but just starting here

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 8/13/24 8:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That's good to know that he had some success.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 8/13/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I don't know what they were cooking at the pool snack area last night, but it sure smelled good. Last night was endurance night and we went hard for nearly the entire 50 minute class. I hopped out of the pool, wedged myself out of the wetsuit, dried off, and once I started walking wa**** with this yummy smell. I did resist the urge to eat at the pool by myself and went home to join the family. I made a couple of tacos with some chicken we had leftover and those were good.

We had a nice little surprise because two episodes of Seal Team Season 7 was released on Sunday. We interrupted our normal watching of the entire Bobby Flay oeuvre to watch them both. Aside from the endless commercials they were good.

Thankfully, the 9 course meal at the Bangkok Peninsula is out. There were a couple of reasons , but one was that my friend remembered that my stomach is the size of a tennis ball. But, I think that her husband was glad to be spared the cost. And we will go to the same restaurant and order normal menu items.

QOTD: I read a very sobering statistic. Diabetic 65 year old men have a less than 1% change of living to be 95. Most retirement planning models start with the assumption that you will live to be 95 and continue to enjoy an expanding lifestyle during those years. So, I definitely think often about whether it would be better to just enjoy life now than to try and make it through these next two years of work. But I have a fair amount of fun as things are.

Breakfast: bagel

Lunch: leftover hamburger or chicken

Dinner: spaghetti and meatballs

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 8/13/24 7:48 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You have done so well for yourself and are so lucky to have the options.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/13/24 6:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am glad you are through the testing phase and now know your guardrails and can focus on the habit stacking while getting the support from wegovey! You can do this, you've done lots of hard things successfully.

Another busy day here but I will be ending it with dinner with some friends so that's something to look forward to! I got out and got my exercise in, enjoyed seeing Mars and Jupiter (Teenie, pictures below so you can show Ron and he doesn't wake you up to see them Before dawn tomorrow:-) tomorrow they are supposed to appear the closest it might be cloudy then!

Qotd - no, I'm pretty content with my choices these days. Sounds like you have some tough decisions ahead but I am confident you will make the right choice for yourself..and if you decide differently later, you can always choose again! Good luck!

menu today

coffee plus half and half x3

yogurt

Tbd on lunch, I have a few left overs to choose from

dinner - thinking I could make a meal of the burrata and Parmesan fries. Not a good meal but a meal nonetheless. Will probably go with the hot chicken sandwich instead.

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 8/13/24 7:57 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thank you. I will send them to him now.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 8/13/24 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

So glad things went well for Grim. Sorry you're struggling with the business. I hope you can come to a happy medium to make it work. Maybe a scaled down version. I know how much you love it, and it would suck to have to give it up completely. You got this you'll figure it out for sure. You always do.

Today I get a pedicure at lunch, and I got a lot of packing to do. I prefer trips that I need to fly to. It so much easier when you only have room for 40lbs. We are staying at a VRBO and have to haul everything with us. Even beach chairs and umbrellas. I also have a ton of food premade, so I just have to throw it in the oven.

QOTD: I basically feel like a prisoner to my mother right now in life so there are no life decisions or goals at this time. She will be 86 next week. So, my guess is somewhere in the next 14 years I'll be able to focus on those types of things again. For now, it is just steady as she goes.

Accountability: I had 2 pieces of Detroit style pizza. Normally I am not a pizza person but now we can get Detroit pizza here and someone dropped it off at my house knowing I love it I splurged and completely regret it today.

TSS: 6 years 8-months 3 day 167.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F toasted marshmallow Greek yogurt, strawberries and blueberries and a cheese stick

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: garden salad w HB egg, rotisserie chicken, lemon and olive oil dressing

D: rotisserie chicken on a salad with sesame dressing.

Exercise: dog walking,

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics