What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/13/24 2:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Grim is home and doing well. I'll let him tell you all the fun details. I am doing better, too--fever is down and I am back to just a low-key sore throat and earache, so I'm heading into the office soon for a big meeting with the college prez. It's going to be a very long day. I'd kill for a day in bed with Grim and kitties.

This meme is becoming more and more true for me as I am getting further into my adventures with Wegovy. I know I shared that any little amount of sugar is giving me RH, but this weekend I also found out that anything fried is giving the same reaction. I had some fried clams at the Clam Shack and had the same awful reaction. Not only is it helping me have less of an appetite, it's really keeping me on the straight and narrow because anything that is unhealthy is really making me feel awful. Yay!

QOTD: Are you rethinking any of your life decisions / goals? I am feeling a little overwhelmed with everything I need to do for both work and the cookie biz and I'm starting to wonder if running a small business is a smart idea while I am working full time? I am soooo overwhelmed by it all right now and can't make the math work about how I can do everything I have committed to next month. Plus we have some unexpected travel coming up and it means I am going to have to either cancel or reschedule a sold out class, which is really upsetting. I hate to be unreliable, and I think it might be better to just scrap the whole thing at this point. It's a hard decision through because recently things have really taken off, but I don't love never feeling like I can relax because there are 100,000 things hanging over my head. What to do? What to do?

Accountability: I had zero appetite yesterday. Nothing. I finally forced myself to have my breakfast yogurt at 1pm and couldn't even fini**** I had the last 3 bites of lobster at 4pm, but then indulged in a potato with cheese & bacon that I made from Grim when he came home at 7:30pm. I already feel full from my coffee this morning, so I am guessing I am going to have a repeat of a no-hunger day today so I will keep it light with yogurt and add some nutty granola for extra protein, if I can manage it.

• protein coffee
  • yogurt & granola
  • yogurt & granola
  • garlic chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Queen JB
on 8/13/24 3:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Nope, editing my menu after actually looking in the fridge. I organized it by what is going to go bad before I eat it, so here is the revised menu based on not wasting anything!

• protein coffee
  • egg bite - before it goes bad
  • yogurt & granola
  • salami & cheese - before it goes bad
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/13/24 4:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin all. Glad to hear Grim is doing well.

Not much happening today. My mom is going to mow. I may weed whack if she'll let me. I'm exhausted per the usual.

QOTD: I regret a lot of my choices. I try to remember that hindsight is 20/20 and not to dwell on things. It is not usually that simple though.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 8/13/24 4:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy to hear Grim is home and doing well and that you feel well enough to go into to work! I'm grumpy today. I had haunting work dreams all night and woke up in back/neck/shoulder pain. Bad enough for me not to get on the treadmill and seriously consider staying home from work. I miss Advil but maybe Tylenol and a shower will help. I have too much to do today, hence the dreams and can't get it done on a laptop at home. Off to work I go.

QOTD - Yes, I'm rethinking my decision to stay at my job right now. I'd love to be able to retire, or have a job that I never have to think about when I leave the office. Most of the time I love my job, right now is not one of them. And last week was so good too. I'm just tired of the roller coaster. 9 more years... at least it's a single digit.

Accountability - great - 50 active minutes, 10,077 steps. Today 167.8, no treadmill and swimming is TBD, actually - the water sounds really good so that is happening.

B- coffee, cottage cheese, tomato, protein shake

l - RGF burrito, greek yogurt and salsa, baked tostada chips

d - beef stew, roll

s - apple

Have a good day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 8/13/24 5:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your day gets better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 8/13/24 7:32 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ah, sorry to hear that. I have to admit I am glad my job only revolves around myself. I could never do what you do. Hang in there. You are shaking things up for the better. Be patient you will get there.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 8/13/24 5:11 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

My car is functional again and I'm grateful for the freedom. I don't think I'm ready to hang up the keys just yet. I did notice that I had zero anger without driving. The public transit is very accessible here but it takes forever. Chicago Transit authority is pretty incompetent.

I'm really looking forward to dinner tonight. I won a contest for a $20.24 tasting menu at a fancy, French place. I think I'm getting a black car to pick up Emily. If she hasn't figured out it, I hope to show her that I can be house-trained, can behave in public, and like nice, shiny things as much as I like simple living.

QOTD- I definitely reflect upon life's decisions. However, the past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, and all we have is the percent. While I have made some very poor decisions in my past, it has all made me the man I am today.

B: Virgin bloody Mary, eggs and sausage.

L: Fairlife shake.

D: There will be fromage. French restaurant so it will all be fattening.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Greateight
on 8/13/24 5:21 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 8/13/24 5:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you enjoy your evening and dinner!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 8/13/24 7:38 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ooh La La. Enjoy.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 360 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics