What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

catwoman7
on 8/9/24 2:15 pm, edited 8/9/24 7:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I forgot about Charlie Chips! We had those in Ohio back when we lived there when I was a kid. I don't think we ever had those at our house, but my grandparents always did. They were great!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 8/9/24 6:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

sorry I've been MIA the last couple of days - we've been really busy. Earlier this week I had a consult with an orthopedic surgeon. My intake and interview was with a resident, and the surgeon just came in to tell me that he'd studied my x-rays and my hip was trashed, and explained a couple of things about hip surgery. The next morning I noticed the after visit summary on MyChart. I read through it and there were so many things in there that I never said - like I had severe pain (when I asked, I told the resident that I didn't have a lot of severe pain - mostly just when I managed to overwork the joint - or sometimes during hot & humid weather - I told him most of the time it was mild pain, and occasionally it was just stiff). It said I also had pain in my thighs and buttocks. What? I never said this. I've never had pain in my buttocks (PITA - ha!). I occasionally feel the pain in my thigh, but I didn't mention this to him during the appt. I was assuming the resident wrote this report, but I suppose it could have been AI-generated. In any event, I was hoping the surgeon wasn't basing his opinion partially on this report, because it made it sound like my issue was much worse than it is. So I sent him a message via MyChart to clarify and correct the inaccuracies in the report, and to say if what I was ACTUALLY experiencing (i.e., not much severe pain) changes his mind, to let me know (or let me know either way), because if he's not sure I'll get a lot of benefit at this time from the surgery, I'm glad to hold off on it. I didn't hear anything all day yesterday. I'm sure a nurse got the message rather than the surgeon (that's how it usually works), and since she didn't respond, she may have forwarded it to the surgeon, which I'm hoping, and not that she decided I'm a "problem patient" and just ignored my questions. Anyway, just waiting to hear. If this isn't going to help "mild pain and stiffness" (I also walk with a slight limp due to it. no cartilage in that hip), then I'm not sure I want to go through a major surgery - at least not now (maybe down the road when it's more painful)

my b-day was Wednesday, so eating has been out of control. DH and I went to lunch on Wednesday since I had a BOGO entree at some restaurant, and then we went to dinner with my mother. We had cake afterwards at her apt - and although I didn't do too badly at dinner, I ate way too much cake. Then last night a friend of mine wanted to go to dinner to celebrate my b-day, too. We went to this new-i****alian-American place that had surprisingly good food (I love real Italian food- but the 1950s Italian-American version isn't that appealing - but this place was honestly excellent. They have a great chef, evidently!). We ate lots of bread and olives and drank a whole bottle of wine - and I ate about half of my dinner - but it was still WAY too many calories. I'm laying off for awhile because I don't want to gain back the five lbs I've struggled to lose lately!! One of my film groups meets today over lunch, but I really don't care for the food at this place (the others love it, oddly), so I'll just get an appetizer or a bowl of soup. Oh - the 21st b-day QOTD from the other day - as with Grim (we're the same age), the drinking age was 18 back then (in most states, anyway), so 21 wasn't memorable to me. In fact, I don't remember it at all.

QOTD: we moved around a lot, but we did have an ice cream truck in the neighborhood when we lived in Kent, Ohio (1968-1971). The neighborhood kids called him "Skippy" and went wild when the truck came through the neighborhood. My mother rarely let me get ice cream, though, because she was always worried about my weight.

coffee with half & half

protein shake

soup or appetizer at the restaurant (their hummus is OK - so maybe that since even the appetizers at this place don't look that great)

protein muffin or L&F yogurt

leftovers for dinner - we have a whole refrigerator full!! (half-eaten meals from the three restaurants I've been at for the last two days)

have a great day, everyone!

Teenie
on 8/9/24 7:44 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Happy Birthday. Do you think they were padding the report to qualify you for the surgery? I know they did it for My WLS. Added stuff that was not as bad as they made it out to be just to get coverage. That could be what they are doing.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 8/9/24 2:21 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

that thought did cross my mind..

White Dove
on 8/9/24 8:23 am - Warren, OH

Happy Birthday Trish. Good thing you read that report. I think someone just got lazy and copied a lot from another patient's chart. Not that I can prove it, but it sure looks that way. So glad you caught it and definitely they owe you an explanation the surgeon needs to evaluate based on your true symptoms.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 8/9/24 2:22 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I wondered if it could have been that, too - a cut & paste job - either from a template or another patient's report..

Emiepie
on 8/9/24 9:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy belated birthday. It's great that you're advocating for yourself.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 8/9/24 6:43 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's gonna be a day! No sleep for me last night. My back is just really unhappy. But a wonderful day with the grands and another one teed up for today! Time is flying, Mommy and Daddy are loving life and everybody is happy. Cannot ask for more than that.

Under accountability, zero exercise again, 6200 steps. Good food choices were made. 12 M&M's were eaten.

QoTD: Yes, very often in our many homes as a kid and for me more importantly, yes when my kids were little. Nothing like everybody screaming THE ICE CREAM TRUCK IS COMING CAN I HAVE SOME MONEY!!!!! And the grands do the same if they are lucky enough to be here when the truck goes by. Love it.

Photo dump is our week. The event. The hair. The pool. My lucky life.

Bites.

B: egg and ham

L: spaghetti squash and a protein

D: TBD -- I need to go to the market on my way home from dropping off the littles at Zoo camp. We have a ton of leftovers from both the event and the week, so not a lot of room in the fridge. But the girls are not into charcuterie for dinner, so I need to come up with dinner for today and the weekend. Hoping for some in store inspiration.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Partlypollyanna
on 8/9/24 7:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The joy in that last picture!!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 8/9/24 7:27 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Your grands are so lucky to have you guys. Such joyful pics.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views