What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/9/24 2:36 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^Pretty sure that was an accurate photo of me yesterday but I made it through the day and I think I can make it through the 1/2 day of work I have ahead.^^

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! I was so busy that I didn't get a chance to even glance until this morning. I have a million texts and messages to reply to, too. I just need to get through a few more hours of chaos, then I can take the time to properly read and reply.

The all day retreat was good and interesting, then we enjoyed a lovely dinner with my parents. The food was some of the yummiest I have had in ages. I was HANGRY by the time we got there and I ordered the baked cranberry brie appetizer, which could have been the entire meal for me. But then I had a few scallops and then we ordered birthday cake! I went with the orange olive oil cake. I was already stuffed and I swear I only had about 6 tiny bites, but the RH went wildly out of control again and I moaned and groaned half the way home. I really can't believe how much sugar is affecting me lately. I had honestly forgotten when I ordered it. I will not forget again, I swear.

I need to run around to get ready for work and pack, then am heading into work for 3 hours, then Grim is going to pick me up at the office and we're heading up to Kennebunkport, Maine (my happy place!) for the rest of the weekend. I can't wait! Usually I am excited to up there for the lobster, ocean, and shopping. This time I am excited to just be in a far away bed with no responsibilities around me :)

QOTD: Did you have an ice cream truck in your neighborhood when you were a kid? We never did. My neighborhood was not a good one for it, but I was always so jealous that there were suburban kids (like Grim!) who had one roll up to their houses. I only ever saw the ice cream truck at the beach.

• protein coffee
  • leftover grilled chicken taco
  • ...lunch & dinner somewhere in Maine... lobster rolls perhaps??

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 8/9/24 4:00 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. What's this caffeine thing you all are talking about? It seems to be all the rage.

I'm going all the way with QJB this morning. To her office, instead of the train station. Then I'll pick her up at noon, and head up for a weekend in Maine.

I'm dropping her at work because I'm going in for a CT scan, before a cardiac ablation scheduled for Monday. Same deal as 6 weeks ago, but the ablation was canceled because the CT showed a blood clot. So, swing me a chicken for no clots, so I can get this damn thing done on Monday.

QOTD: I remember ice cream trucks being in the neighborhood 3 times a day when I was a kid. I haven't seen a single one this year. Last year there were a couple, for the first time since before covid. When we heard the music from the truck, the two of us looked at each other like we were eight years old again. I'm a little surprised we didn't jump up and chase it. Yeah, Pavlov's dogs ain't got nothing on us.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/9/24 4:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Hope the CT scan goes well and gets you through to the next round!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/9/24 5:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Hoping everything goes smoothly this time around!

Mel

Emiepie
on 8/9/24 5:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the CT scan goes well and that you can enjoy the weekend.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 8/9/24 7:08 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Hoping the CT scan doesn't show any clots.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 8/9/24 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good luck.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/9/24 4:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay, finally Friday!! I hope you have a great time in Maine, and have a good fun meal at that lovely place you took us. I remember it being so nice....but that could also have been the company and the wine!

QOTD - when we lived in Chicago we had all the things, the ice cream truck, the milk man, the guy that brought groceries, but once we moved to Colorado and were 10+ miles in either direction from the nearest town, not at all.

According to Amazon, today is national book lover's day. None of the books that are on my wishlist are on sale for it though, boo. One of my all time favorites, The House in the Cerulean Sea is for 1.99 though. Also, there's been a big SM thing about Flowers in the Attic being an explanation for Gen X...but the even weirder one, My Sweet Audrina, is on sale today to....and holy crap, they wrote a SEQUEL to it. I'm glad I missed it....and that it's not on sale today, lol. IFYKYK.

Pretty low key weekend for me, I have a mani pedi after work today and the mostly just house stuff for the weekend. I have 150 left in my GOTV postcards for next month so I'll finish those up and some laundry.

No plan on my menu today, I have two yogurts left and there is coffee, lots of coffee. Probably scrounge through all the various leftovers.

The only picture I have from this week is the one I took monday, I had stopped to take the picture and I saw the shooting star...but the star was gone by the time I did, they move fast.

Have a wonderful friday and weekend!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 8/9/24 5:32 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the mani/pedi time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 8/9/24 4:54 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Yay for the mini vacay QJB and Grim!

I have my PT appointment this morning. I had a hard time gripping things this morning without extreme pain. I've had this happen a few times and then it goes away as quickly as it came on, it's really strange.

Randall is asleep in the living room. We don't have an ac in the 3rd bedroom so in the summer they sleep in the living room. He's such an easy going kid. We were worried with what to feed him and all he wanted was ramen. This morning he wants pancakes. Riley is staying the night tonight. She is a more...I guess interesting person. She is so much like my grandma it's actually eerie. She contrary, difficult and beats to her own little drummer. If she doesn't get her way watch out! Ha. Rachel is easier going but being 13 she has some attitude stuff. She's better than I was at that age, she is staying the night tomorrow.

QOTD: yes we did. My favorite ice cream treat had gum ball eyes.

B: coffee, coffee and eggs

L: slider burger, brioche bun and half a serving of chips

D: ?????

my pics were in my memories today. The oldest is the red necklace from over 12 years ago, then the one with the crystal is of my own design called Queen's Reign. The square is the youngest and also my own design! A meme for extra measure.

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 372 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views