What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 8/7/24 7:44 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Quick post and run! Busy day.

JB - good luck with the presentation and I hope your dad goes home today so you can celebrate your 50th bday with him at home.

QOTD - funny, I mentioned Klara and the sun recently to somebody telling them they have to read it. At the moment reading The rival queens; the story about Catherine de Medici and her daughter Marguerite. If you want psychological suspense Nigh****ching. My next book to read is Quiet, the power of introverts in a world that doesn't stop talking.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Protein naan w/turkey breast and cheese
  • Cherries, jerky, edamame pouch
  • Protein icecream - salted caramel
  • E: strength training

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 8/7/24 9:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have seen quiet and wondered if I should read it to understand the other side, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 8/7/24 10:03 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

That's EXACTLY why is on my to read list. Mainly to understand DS who is stuck with three extroverts.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

lmfontana4
on 8/7/24 9:01 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Birthday QJB!

Sorry about being absent for so long. I think the last time I posted I was headed to the ED for abdominal pain. It turned out to be nothing. My husband was just being cautious (he insisted that I go). The ED provider agreed with that assessment due to my recent history. I did get to Mayo for a 2nd opinion on care for my short bowel syndrome. The provider is an expert in the field of SBS. He told me some things that I didn't want to hear such as "don't expect much adaption of your bowels since what you have remaining isn't amendable to it." In general, the bowel will expand in diameter and increase the absorptive capacity of the remaining bowel. However, since I only have 3 feet of the 21 feet of small bowel and 1/3 of the large colon adaption is unlikely. He also wanted me to go back on IV nutrition (TPN****il the frequent diarrhea was better controlled. He gave me 2 other options that were in lieu of TPN, use IV fluids to replace fluids lost through diarrhea, or continue with what I have been doing. After my visit with the provider at Mayo I did a careful analysis on my fluid intake and diet, I determined that the amount of oral intake of fluids was contributing to my frequent diarrhea. I have reduced my intake to about 2.5 liters daily with a reduction in diarrhea by about 1/2. Then, after much thought I have decided to use IV fluids to replace lost fluids. This means that I will have to have IVs started several times a week to get the IV fluids. My veins are not too cooperative since they are rollers. I spoke to my bariatric team about getting IV fluids at home instead of an infusion center. They are looking into how this can be done with insurance coverage. I may need to get a port (like they use for chemo patients) if this goes on for a while. Unfortunately, if I get behind in my fluid intake there is no catching up since it will just cause worse diarrhea. Nonetheless, with the decrease in diarrhea I feel like I can get out more and worry less about being near a bathroom all the time. I have been able to travel out of town several times since. I am also going to return to the office part-time soon (remote for the other part of the week).

Last year at the ObesityHelp conference I pre-bought a ticket for the 2024 conference. I have decided not to attend since my journey has deviated from what will be presented at the meeting. I am offering anyone who would like to go my ticket for free. If you are interested in receiving my ticket, please let me know.

Other than the above, I am enjoying my summer and the heat. I have been out kayaking with DD, did a Poker Paddle with a friend (kayak from dock to dock to get cards and treats-high poker hand wins a cash prize), a couple of trips out of town.

I hope everyone is doing well.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 8/7/24 9:52 am - Warren, OH

I am glad you posted but sorry you are still going through so much. I am glad you are able to get out and have some fun again. I wish they would make the conference something we could attend using Zoom.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 8/7/24 9:58 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad you are figuring out how to deal with some of your complications. But I wi**** were easier.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 8/7/24 6:09 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So good to see a post from you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 8/9/24 5:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it's so good to hear from you - I've been wondering how you were doing and meant to message you. I'm so sorry you've got all this going on - this sounds awful!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Julia S.
on 8/7/24 9:13 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Dirty Thirty by Janet Evanovich the latest Stephanie Plum. Easy fun read and lots of laughs.

My roommate has a job, and another interview today for another job. Just hoping he can hold on to this one and will start making money soon.

Nothing going on just work and trying to get my roommate to fix my Mom's computer. I have no idea what she does to them but there is a ton of crap on it and it is running extremely slooow... He's going to wipe it and reinstall the operating system and not give her admin rights so she can't change anything or install anything. I know something happened because I had team viewer installed and I could remotely access her computer but that doesn't work now. OK she is 89 but she used to work at Tektronix and should not be having this much trouble. I did get her groceries ordered on her phone. She also lost the wifi connection and had a ton of programs running on it too. Maybe there should be an age limit for technology- if so I'm getting close...

We did a Costco run yesterday and now I have food for a while. Some things made it into the cart that shouldn't have like Reeses Popcorn, it is addictive. They also had flannel shirts for $9.99 so I had to buy all 4 colors. Fall is coming.

I need to get to work. Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Mkess
on 8/7/24 9:20 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and it's the hump,

Today is a laundry day.

QJB- Hope your Dad is sprung soon.

QOTD- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie.

B: 1/2 bagel lox, coffee.

L: carnitas, onions, cilantro, avocado & one tortilla

D: Chicken stir fry.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics