What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/7/24 2:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! It's a busy mid-week day for me. On top pf a million little urgent things that came up yesterday I am giving a training this afternoon for 30 people that I basically just wrote on Friday, and I have a ton of prep to do to make sure I am ready. If I was smarter I would take an earlier train but I slept later than planned, so it might not happen.

My dad is still in the hospital. It sounds like today might be the day he gets to go home and I hope that for him. He's been pretty patient about it but he's definitely getting grumpy. Selfishly I hope he goes home today, too, because tomorrow is my birthday and I would rather spend the evening with him at home or a restaurant than the hospital. But either way, I will spend it with him :)

QOTD: I need a really good book. Hit me. I'll hit you with a classic with is worth a re-read now that AI is really here. Klara and the Sun is one of my all time favorites. It's a lovely book and I believe its very close to how AI will be used, soon.

Accountability: 16,000+ steps and barely any food.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • protein bar
  • grain free tostada with chicken and mango salsa
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/7/24 3:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! QJB, hoping it works out today that your dad gets to go home today.

Not a lot planned for the day. I am hoping my mom won't want to go anywhere. It's supposed to get to 106° today...or more. Yucky yuck yuck. I'm really tired and run down again. I'd love a rest day. I do have a phone appointment today. It's with my case manager. I was told he left and moved to New Mexico to pursue his masters. Then I get a call from him. Weird **** Maybe he is working remotely?

I need to work on a lot of chainmaille. I don't exactly want to but I have to lol. Our power Beal was north of 150 bucks and our house insurance is up as well. Money will be right this month. We'll make it work.

QOTD: I am of no use with this. I just reread the hardest of times. I mostly do non-fiction.

B: jimmy dean deelights sandwich and coffee

the rest is unknown.

a little chainmaille humor and a cat meme.

Mel

lmfontana4
on 8/7/24 8:33 am
RNY on 03/24/21

We had about a week of 100+ temps then rain and cooler weather. I am a little bummed about the temp in the 80s since it means summer will be coming to a close soon. I would prefer 90s for the time being especially since I am trying to get out on the lake in the kayak.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 8/7/24 8:36 am - Amarillo, TX

So happy to see your reply! I hope that you are well!

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 8/7/24 9:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Hey

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/7/24 3:48 am, edited 8/6/24 8:49 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy midweek! Hope the training goes well, QJB, and remember over prepped sounds canned, underpropped is charming and genuine:-)

My Fitbit says I should rest today but I think I will do a pilates session, my trainer is at a wedding so I'll just do a virtual one, plus the usual busy work day but nothing planned for the evening which is nice! We had about 10 minutes of rain again last night, two days in a row! Not enough to break the drought but helpful with the fires, today should be our last day in the 90s for a bit....they are referring to the high in the LOW 70s tomorrow and Friday as "the cold front" and I am here for it.

QOTD - in the last month, I've given 5 stars to The Berry Pickers and 4 stars to Blood Like Mine, The Demon of Unrest, and If Something Happens to Me.

Accountability 114 active minutes, 10,255 steps and I had a four pack of chips ahoy as a snack.

menu

coffee plus half and half X3

PB toast

yogurt

I need to make the tacos...I will make them today or freeze the ground beef

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 8/7/24 4:23 am - Warren, OH

Wow - 16,000 steps. I thought you were tired .

Hope your dad does get home today. My experience with hospitals is that the food is great on the first day and gets worse every day after. Enjoy your birthday with him, whether at home or still at the hospital. Keeping fingers crossed it is at home.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 8/7/24 5:28 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I hope your busy day goes well and that your dad is able to go home. I'm sure he'll feel much better recuperating at home. My brain is still tired from yesterday's tired but I've got several tasks to handle today. Let's go!

QOTD: I've got nothing for this one.

TSS: 9 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Tri tip salad with avocado, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1311 Protein:103 Carbs:129 Fat:50

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 8/7/24 5:29 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yay on the 16,000 steps! I had a great day yesterday - that perfectly smooth flow of busy where you feel like you are solving all the problems. Today is a morning training, an afternoon meeting and fill in the rest with as much as I can get done. After leaving the gym yesterday I had a laugh in the parking lot. It amazes me how close to the front door people park to go into the gym. I'm referring to the really fit, athletic people circling the lot to get the closest spot. I park in the furthest spot possible because steps are my goal, but this cracked me up.

QOTD - One of the best books I've read recently is Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult. It comes back to me all the time, it opened my eyes and literally changed the way I think.

Accountability - Great, 107 active minutes (treadmill, 1300 meter swim - new PR), 11,504 steps. Today I am 167.4, 30 minutes on the treadmill done.

B- coffee, cottage cheese, tomato, protein shake

l - chicken and mini salad kit

d- eggs and bacon

s - pineapple

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Greateight
on 8/7/24 6:21 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I'll take a Wednesday. This weekend will be spent close to home after two weekends of travel. I've got a few calls, Crossfit and swimming. I need to get the sleeves taken up on a coat and I may sneak down and do that if time permits. I'm not sure if we are doing Happy Hour, some of our friends are still in Toronto for the tournament.

For the second time, I got all ready in my wetsuit only to find that weather had closed the pool. I am going to try again today because i do not want the Triathlon to be my first time using it.

I'm not sure if it's the swimming, or the summer weather, or what, but I weighed myself this morning and I was at my post surgery low 205.6. I don't feel any need to adjust my ticker, LOL, since I was over my ticker weight for 3 years and didn't adjust the number upwards. Maybe I am just trying to remain presentable if I stand next to Amy.

QOTD: Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. Marilyn has been reading our Josephine Tey mysteries and enjoying them. She was golden age of detective era fiction, although she was not in the club.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Roast beef

Dinner: maybe today is the steak?

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 372 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics