What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Teenie
on 8/6/24 7:10 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

JB I was sad to hear about your dad. Hope the recovery goes quickly. Hope you're feeling better soon as well. I have been so busy I just didn't even have time to post yesterday. 24/7 Mom duty is kicking my ass. I stop every morning fill up her waters, add protein to her OJ, and make sure her lunch is ready for her to eat. After work I stop by and check in and get her all prepared for the evening. This is all while making her ever meal, doing her laundry, doing her hair, dealing with all doctor appointments, doing all the financials, and also handling all the other house related stuff like taking care of the lawn the pool, I really can go on and on about all I do. I hope she goes first because I do not know anyone who would do this for her. If she would eat at a normal time, it wouldn't be so bad, but she will not eat her dinner till 10:00 PM. I know this will be short lived. My guess is about 15 more years then I can go and live and do for me. But for now, this is the hand I was delt.

QOTD: Ron has been taking up metal detecting and I told him I had a coin collection her dragged out of the safe to see if there were any very valuable coins in there, He also dug out cases of sports cards. There are boxes of cards from the 80's that are unopened. Probably should take them to someone that might be interest because they have no value to me.

Accountability: Yesterday was great. The weekend not so much.

TSS: 6 years 7-months 26 day 166.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: oikos triple zero salted caramel Greek yogurt, strawberries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: 4 wings, celery carrots and artichoke dip

D: Egg roll in a bowl

Exercise: dog walking,

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 8/6/24 7:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Hugs, Chrissy. These are hard times. You are a good woman!

Teenie
on 8/6/24 7:49 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thanks so much. It means a lot.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 8/6/24 9:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You are truly amazing!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 8/6/24 10:11 am
VSG on 08/09/21

You're amazing for doing everything involved for your mama. I know how all consuming it can be, from being in that role for my father. I am anticipating the same situation with my mother now. It feels like your life is on hold in the duration. I wouldn't change anything about it though. It brings great joy that the elder can live as long as possible with how they've been accustomed to living.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Teenie
on 8/6/24 12:27 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I agree I would never ever ever let her feel inferior or a burden. And I need all the good deeds I can get if I plan on making it to heaven someday. My dad treated her like she was a queen and made us promise her quality of life would never change when he left this world. 17 years later it has never changed.

Amy Liz
on 8/6/24 10:33 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm exhausted reading all you do!! Also remembering about my parents, how hard that was even with many sibs to share the load. BIG hugs to you and all you do for mom.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 8/6/24 11:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Caregiving is the most rewarding yet hardest thing you can do for someone. I did it for both my grandparents and I don't regret a single thing about it. It says a lot about your character and soul. You're a good egg.

Mel

White Dove
on 8/6/24 5:56 pm - Warren, OH

Your mother is so blessed to have a daughter like you. You are her greatest treasure. She will never find anyone who takes such good care of her.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 8/6/24 8:03 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

I woke up in a bad mood and that was instantly changed with a wonderful phone call. Maybe today will be the day that I stop procrastinating. If I'm not up to it, there's always tomorrow.

Metal circus themed banks would get me a little excited to find. I found one that was a lion tamer holding the hoop for a dog to jump through. Put a penny in the dog's mouth and triggered the dog jumping through the hoop and dunking the penny into the barrel.

QOTD- No hidden trophies in my place. I saw a couple beautiful ladies at the thrift store yesterday. They were covered in permanent marker though so I didn't take them home.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, coffee.

L: Carnitas chilaquiles with cheese whisps in place of tortilla chips.

D: ??? Rotisserie chicken and veggies? Maybe I'll just eat a stick of butter in front of the TV? My evening choices have been horrible.

Go USA! If the USA wins the most medals, do the other countries recognize is further as the world's superpower?

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics