What's on your Monday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 8/5/24 9:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Strawberry tamale, was it made with masa still? I don't know that I've had a sweet tamale. I love a good tamale, I think the best ones are the ones someone sells you from The trunk of their car at the holidays that their grannies and aunties made

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 8/5/24 12:01 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I think the corn base was the same but with added strawberry. It was sweet, and warm. I guess I expected it to be different. Somehow the flavors in my head didn't mesh. But it was only me because everybody else was eating them with gusto. They also had strawberry kettle corns, but I didn't dare trying them for the fear of eating the whole giant bag.
I agree with you about tamales out of the trunk of the car. We are near a big Hispanic town/community so we have those tamales all year around. My preference is for the enchiladas, I call them Mexican lasagna and I'd give my right arm for them.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 8/5/24 3:23 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

before the concert a few weeks ago, we were at Table Mountain Inn up in Golden and they had a barria enchilada and it was probably the best thing I've eaten in years.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/5/24 4:49 pm - Amarillo, TX

Enchiladas are the best, you can make them any way. I make a killer roasted green chili and tomatillo sauce. I think I'll be making some of those soon!

Mel

Melody P.
on 8/5/24 4:48 pm - Amarillo, TX

I have had a tamale with a candied pumpkin inside the masa that had dulce de leche in it. Good lord was I glad it was a small package. It was just about the best thing ever sweets wise. My favorite savory one I've had is spinach and cotija cheese.

they can be the best things ever but also easily done wrong.

Mel

Emiepie
on 8/5/24 6:26 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

That strawberry shortcake looks amazing.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 8/5/24 7:55 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Sending healing thoughts to your family QJB!

What a weekend was had over here. We are exhausted and elated. We raised over $12,00.00 and it looks like the endowment account will be funded with about $45,000.00. It's been a lot of work. But it is a lovely legacy to leave in Kelly's name. Photos on Friday, but no work out for me today because of blisters on my feet. All signs of a great party.

And yesterday we took on the grands for 10 days while Mom and Dad go cruising. We had a wonderful day going out to lunch, seeing Peter Pan the musical, and enjoying Sundaes on Sunday at a neighbors home.

I've not had one soul nourishing food since Friday at dinner. I have had all healthy bites and no shame in my game this weekend. Including the mini carnitas and beans salad I made for dinner at midnight on Saturday. But my body wants something that fills me up and satisfies me mentally as well. That will happen as soon as I drop the grands off for zoo camp.

Today is zoo camp shuttle, some grocery shopping, cut and color for me, haircuts for Rog and the grands, and we'll probably all fall into bed exhausted.

QoTD: 3-4 pm every day. The struggle is real to pick something high protein during that hour or I'll just keep going back for more food.

Bites today are iffy

B: ham and a scrambled egg

L: Not sure. Lots of leftovers and I want to put something together that will really satisfy me.

D: looking like Swedish meatballs.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 8/5/24 8:35 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Nice job surviving the event. I know how it feels when you are the planner.
1) where are the parents cruising to? How nice to have you guys to rely on for 10 days. I was always jealous of people who had their parents nearby and could drop the kids with them, even for one afternoon.
2) zoo camp? More details please. I had never heard of this kind of camp.

Lisa91941
on 8/5/24 10:17 am
RNY on 10/29/19

They are off to Alaska to celebrate turning 40 and their 15th anniversary. They have been dating since they were 16! I'm happy to have the grands and give them a break. The most I ever got was 2 nights in Vegas and that was very rare!

Our San Diego Zoo runs day camp programs during the summer. Based on age, so each girl is in a different group today. Which is good. No fighting happens when the sisters are separated!

Side bar...I HIGHLY recommend doing Roar and Snore at our Safari Park. They have both family nights and adults only nights (which focuses a bit more on the husbandry side of animal care). You can choose a tent that you bring your own sleeping bags or a fancy tent with a queen sized bed. Bet you can't guess which one I chose? Ha! Really an amazing event and worth every penny. I need to schedule to do this again with the girls when the weather cools off. I still remember waking up to the elephants trumpeting next to us and then the roar of the lions making our chests shiver because it was feeding time.

Sheila_H
on 8/5/24 12:02 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

But what do they do at the camp? Take care of animals? Feeding them?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views