What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/5/24 2:20 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all. If you missed it this weekend, my dad took a very bad fall, so we spent Saturday and Sunday visiting him in the hospital. He broke his vertebrae in 3 places and had some bad internal bleeding. He's stuck there for a few more days while they try to work out his medication levels, but he seems like he's doing remarkably well for someone who went through all that! Poor guy, though. He is being a trooper. **shoutout to Grim, too, who drive me out there and stayed by my side all weekend :)

QOTD: Related to the meme, when are you hungriest and most likely to snack? I'm completely fine at midnight, but I tend to be hungriest mid-morning. The days when I actually work 9 - 5 are definitely better than when I start the day at 6am.

Accountability: Yesterday was not great--way too many carbs and not many steps. Better today.

• Protein Coffee
  • Greek yogurt & almonds
  • Dairy-Free Tzatziki Chicken Lavash Wrap
  • Grain-Free Tostadas with Chicken + Mango Salsa
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 8/5/24 3:53 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. Brand new week, and it's the Queen's birthday week!

I'm glad we got to see QJB's dad's doctor yesterday, to get some news firsthand. Getting it from him or her mom is just confusing and often wrong. It helps me, at least, to know what's actually going on.

QOTD: My hungry hours change from day to day. I'm often hungrier right after I eat, even if I can't eat another bite. Morning I'm hungry first thing, and often mid afternoon. Heck, I'm just hungry, a lot.

I find this meme to be true. The danger for me is adding extra cheese. Those calories don't add up, right?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/5/24 4:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I remember once when my step dad was in the hospital and I could get straight answers from my mother, I flew up from phoenix, walked into the hospital room and picked up the chart from the end of the bed and just figured it out myself. The nurses were so glad to see me because neither my step dad nor my mother were easy to work with.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 8/5/24 5:25 am
RNY on 08/21/12

When I brought my dad to appointments I would tell the doctors I was his interpreter. "Does he not speak English?" No, his English is fine. But he won't tell you a single thing that's accurate.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 8/5/24 7:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that's my mother. She used to have the driver at her senior apt complex take her to appts, but now I insist on taking her and going into the exam room with her, because she forgets things, or lies about things, and often forgets or misunderstands whatever the provider tells her. It's just better that I go with her.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 8/5/24 9:23 am - Warren, OH

My younger sisters come to the doctor with me to make sure I am not sugarcoating anything. I am not, but it sometimes helps to have a second set of ears no matter how old you are.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 8/5/24 4:18 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. QJB, still keeping y'all in my thoughts!

Well I had am going to the lake today. My niece Rachel and I talked and she wants me to go. I'm either a sucker or an idiot...or both. Ha. I'm taking some chainmaille to do so that should help keep me occupied.

I forgot to take one of the sets of my nightly meds last night. I slept better than I have in a very long time. Go figure.

QOTD: being up during the night is a recipe for disaster for me. I get bored and then I get to snacking.

food is up in the air. Roast sandwich for lunch is the only thing set.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 8/5/24 5:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday. I hope your dad continues to improve and gets home as smoothly as possible this week!

I had a fabulous weekend and my Monday is off to a great start! It's 2 minutes before I start work and I have 6k steps, a short weights session and 90 active minutes already! And when I was out for my walk, I happened to look up just in time to see a shooting star. Winning the week for sure. Also, just realized that with vacation and Labor Day, this is my last full week of wor****il 9/9.

qotd - I don't think there's a usual for me but I do like a snack after dinner before bed and need to get back to planning that in. Lately it's been 1/4 fairlife choc and 3/4 fair life non fat.

accountability - brunch with my bestie involved two tequila+cold brew ****tails. Delish!

menu today

coffee plus half and halfx2

coldbrew

jalapwno cheddar sausage

maybe tacos?

have a magnificent Monday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 8/5/24 5:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Glad to hear your dad is being a trooper and on the mend! Yesterday was lovely - we had a lot of fun with the kiddo and his GF. The BBQ was great too, watched the 1st Deadpool - i'd never seen it and of course I loved it. I sent all the leftovers, cake/ice cream the whole lot home with everyone no leftovers here thankfully in fact at this moment even, if I ever eat again it'll be too soon, I'm still stuffed. Today is back to work with a fresh clear mind ready to tackle a new month.

QOTD - It depends. If I start eating too early in the day it becomes an insatiable, snacky day. After 9am is good. I'm not typically a snacker preferring a meal, but put a bowl of something salty/crunchy out and I'm gonna eat it. My planned evening snack is more like a mind trick that I only eat half the time.

Accountability - Good, I ate a little of everything. 25 active minutes and 10,449 steps. Today 164.8, I must be dehydrated. 45 minutes done on the treadmill - no other exercise plans but to just keep moving and taking all the extra steps I can.

B- coffee, protein shake, cottage cheese, tomato

l- chicken, mini salad kit

d - ham and cheddar omelette

s - pineapple

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Sheila_H
on 8/5/24 7:16 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You are below your goal!!!!!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 372 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views