What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 8/4/24 2:28 am - Amarillo, TX

good mornin everyone, QJB, I hope your dad has improved, still sending good thoughts y'all's way.

Yesterday sucked. My mom won't talk to me now and I'm over it all. I blocked her from seeing most of my posts on FB. I just can't keep doing this. Nothing will ever be enough for her. At the end of it all she told me when she dies I'm going to be all alone. Gee thanks mom. :::eye roll::: also was mentioned that I don't deserve sympathy for my ailments and she deserves it more. Like...I didn't know it was a competition lol.

We're supposed to be going to the lake tomorrow but I am thinking about staying home. It is supposed to be near 100° and the temperature in the car will be well above that. We'll see.

Nothing planned for the day other than working on a few projects. I may clean on my bedroom so I don't have to be in here. I may do a bit of research to see if I can start getting rides to appointments so I don't have to count on my mom.

QOTD: what is the most amount of pets you've had at any given time?

When we first moved in here my grandparents had two dogs and a cat. E had a dog and two cats. Right now we have a total of 3 dogs and two cats.

Food is a big ? today. Probably east something or another.

have a good one and hoping our coming week is good as well.

Mel

Queen JB
on 8/4/24 4:17 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning, quick check in to say that my dad is doing amazingly well. Yay! We're heading back over soon to visit. He might even be released today.

QOTD: 3 cats. When my parents had their fire I took their 3 kitties into my very small condo for about a year while they got back on their feet.

Accountability: I had a veggie burger for breakfast, a few munchkins while we were out, and 1/3 of a chicken fajita roll up. Coulda been worse.

No idea about today. We're heading out soon.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/4/24 5:53 am - Amarillo, TX

That's the best news QJB! So glad to hear it.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 8/4/24 6:29 am
RNY on 11/21/16

So happy to hear your dad is doing so well!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 8/4/24 7:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh good - I'm so glad to hear he's doing well!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 8/4/24 6:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Maybe staying home from the lake and getting some time apart would be a good time out for both of you? I hope things start to get better.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 8/4/24 6:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yesterday was so lazy and lovely. I got everything done, but relaxed plenty and even got in a nap! Today will be busy though so I've got to finish up the laundry and get the rest of the house and prep done for the week still. We are going to lunch w/DS and girlfriend and to an old school arcade that is really fun. They have all my favorites but I'm most looking forward to Galaga and Tempest. Plus some great pinball too and all the modern flashy games. Back to our place to watch the a movie and a BBQ with some family that are coming over.

QOTD - 4. When I met Rob, I had a cat and he had 3 dogs (2 he took in after his grandma passed away). We have lost 2, and have 1 dog and our cat left. Our kitty is on his last of 9 lives and not doing well which makes me so sad. Our dog is about 15 and acts like a puppy still. One at a time after this!

Accountability - great for food but activity and steps were terrible. Today won't be much better, but is planned so I will do the best I can. 167.8 agian today. This week will be back to normal, I need that.

B- coffee, ham and cheese wrap

L- probably fried green tomato benedict

d- Shish kabobs - shrimp and beef, watermelon

s- protein ice cream - root beer freeze. I need to change my base recipe. I'm must be using too much pudding mix because it's all I can taste. I also want to try some fruit creamis - pineapple, peach and strawberry - sorbet style.

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 8/4/24 7:08 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

no rain today (that's coming tomorrow), so I'm going to get out and bike this morning before it gets too hot. I've only been exercising a day here and there the last couple of weeks because of this crappy weather - as opposed to my usual 5-6 days a week. Feeling it (or lack of it...). Other than that, not much going on. I'm going to try to finish my (online) class today since I'm pretty sure Friday was the last day. Some instructors take the class page down right away (although others leave it up for at least a couple of weeks), so I need to get to it today in case she takes it down tomorrow.

QOTD: at one time we had eight cats (this was probably 15 years ago). We were a foster home for the local humane society for a few months and kept adopting our charges. After we adopted the eighth one, we decided we'd better get out of that gig before we got to the point where could open our OWN humane society!

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with blueberries

cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with raspberries

protein muffin or protein shake

maybe salad again for dinner. I'm out of chicken, but I have a can of chickpeas - so some of those for protein

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 8/4/24 7:20 am - Warren, OH

QJB so happy that your dad is doing well. Falls are so scary. This was a reminder to me that I have to always be careful.

I used to think I would like to be the old lady in the neighborhood with all the cats. The most we ever had a one time was two. The first two were when we were first married and were a pair of Siamese and we had kittens a few times.

The last two did not ever get on well and were always fighting. The male got cancer when he was about eight and we lost him. The female was much happier and friendlier after he was no longer there. She lived until 19.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 8/4/24 7:31 am - Warren, OH

Your mom is in her 60's and could live another 30 plus years. Don't let her threats about her dying get you upset. Stay home from the lake. It is too hot to be in car without air conditioning and you need the alone time. Good luck on finding rides. That will be better for both of you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 360 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views