What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/2/24 3:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Happy Fri-Yay! I am ready for the weekend. Last weekend's adventure was great but I could use a little down time! I have some cookie stuff to do and lots of life stuff. Other than that we're having some people over on Sunday but I should be able to get some rest :)

I took my first injection of the higher dose of Wegovy last night before bed. I definitely felt a little funky and queasy overnight, so I am glad I didn't do it in the morning! But I am excited to get another good boost from the drugs and hope this leads to some results again because I was basically stalled again for the last few weeks.

Pics are the 3 lovely Maine lobster rolls I had last weekend! These were the goldilocks of lobster rolls, the first one was "meh", the second one was "perfect" and the last one was "great"

QOTD: Is there a smell that brings you right back to childhood? Last weekend when we were in Maine, we woke up early and it was still a little cool out. We walked over to the diner for breakfast and it was a distinct smell of eggs and bacon frying in the salty chilly Maine air, and it brought me right back to summer camp as a kid, getting up early, and running to the breakfast hall with my cabin.

Accountability: good!

I really don't know what I have to eat today. I haven't cleared out the fridge in over a week and last night I noticed old / expired food in there and I don't even know what is good anymore. I will add that to my list of weekend tasks to tackle!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 8/2/24 3:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay for Friday! enjoy your home weekend QJB!

I don't have as many meetings as usual today but a lot of stuff to get through. Should be able to get it all done though. I have a good weekend waiting on the other side of the work though - massage tonight, dinner and concert with friends tomorrow, brunch with my bestie on Sunday. Throw in some around the house stuff over the next couple of days and it's a full weekend for sure.

qotd - no, not really.

I definitely need to get in a work out today, it has not been my most consistent week so I'll do that as soon as I hit post!

menu today

coffee plus half and half x3

yogurt

cheese sticks

maybe pizza or jalapeño cheddar sausage

wine

No new pictures this week, unless you want to see all the things hidden by smoke. In my memories one of my favorite pictures from my 2016 trip to Prague came up though so that's a fun one to share. Sometimes you are in the right place at sunset! Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 8/2/24 5:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like a great weekend ahead, enjoy!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 8/2/24 5:34 am - Amarillo, TX

That is a beautiful sunset! Who are you seeing? I would love to live in a place where acts toured to. Denver is such a hub for that then the red rocks is just awesome.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 8/4/24 6:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

We are spoiled for choice with all the live music here. A few years ago a trade consultant I worked with set her NY resolution to see live music every day that year. She lived in SF and I thought "that must be easy to do there"...then I looked across the venues here and realized I could probably pull it off here too. Maybe a retirement goal.

i saw Reckless Kelly, one of my 3 favorite bands out of Austin and Steve Earle. I know you listen to different styles but you might like RK'sMona. It's a song inspired by a mule the lead singer road out of the Grand Canyon, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/2/24 4:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone...hoping all is well with y'all.

I woke up and wasn't able to to move my right arm without excruciating pain. It's passed now but what a way to be woken up. Especially after having just fell asleep 20 minutes earlier. I got almost 4 hours so it could've been worse there. I am groggy as all get out,

I want to thank those that replied to my post yesterday. It ended up being ok. It's still coming sooner than later but I am thankful for the good days.

I need to pick up prescriptions today. Go to Sam's and hopefully be home to do some stuff around the house. I need to wash clothes and my bedding, I need to do it earlier in the day since it's so hot. 106° again yesterday. We're supposed to only...ONLY 99°. Ha! The humidity can take a hike! I'm hoping the grogginess will pass.

QOTD:

This may make me cry...lol. Toast annd AM radio. Especially very heavily buttered toast. When we'd stay the night my grandpa would make the best toast ever. Slathered with butter or country crock.heavily toasted but limp due to the butter. He'd have the radio on AM listening to the news. It was always loud since his hearing was not great. I'd sit at the bar or table and listen to him gripe about the news and laughing together at other things. I miss him so very much but I am so so thankful for the relationship we both worked hard at. Nothing is a given. I appreciate the time he took with me and I'm so thankful I was able to keep his dignity intact until his last breath.

B: eggs and part of a naan, cheese and coffee X3

L: not a 100% sure

D: chicken and maybe a sweet potato hash brown in the air fryer,

pics are a meme(Dikec Yusuf is his guys name and he's from Turkey and wind pan silver...he is pretty cool! If interested look him up!)and a piece I finished for myself yesterday.

Mel

Melody P.
on 8/2/24 4:07 am - Amarillo, TX

Ok I missed the QOTD LOL. Sorry about that...man do I need some energy.

Mel

Emiepie
on 8/2/24 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad things are better today. Gorgeous necklace.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 8/2/24 5:36 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Mel

catwoman7
on 8/2/24 6:05 am, edited 8/1/24 11:06 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

speaking of gorgeous, that guy's not bad, either! LOL. (edited to add - I was referring to the cat guy. Is he just a younger version of the guy shooting the gun, Mel? (it may partially be the cat that influenced my reaction..)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 360 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views