What's on your Thursday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 8/1/24 8:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I don't think you would gain 9 lbs from 20 M&Ms. I'm amazed you actually count them. When I get to M&Ms it's a free fall.
Hope Sat's event is a success.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 8/1/24 8:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

well, you would have had to have eaten 31,500 calories over what your body needs to gain 9 lbs, so...no way. Even a chunk of that 4 lbs could be water or poop, since I doubt you ate 14,000 calories worth of M&Ms!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 8/1/24 6:36 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Definitely replace that scale!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 8/1/24 8:47 am, edited 8/1/24 1:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Like Teenie, regarding the QOTD yesterday, I need to recognize this group as a huge help in my effort to maintain/lose weight, eat healthy, exercise, etc. I was only thinking of people I interact with in person, and no one was coming to mind. But this group, definitely! That's why I keep coming back after nine years!

we just got back from the veterinary ophthalmologist's office. Even though our cat re-ruptured his corneal ulcer on Tuesday, she said it looks like things are gradually getting better. His cornea is re-structuring itself now (part of the healing process). The red dot in the center of his eye which we thought was caused by blood vessels reaching the bad area (which would have been a good sign - that'll speed up the healing) looks more like a blood clot, she said (not anything dangerous - but she said it doesn't look to her like blood vessels). She does see more blood vessels moving toward the ulcerated area, though, so things are looking better. Once the vessels reach the ulcer, we should see a more dramatic improvement. He'll still need his three drops 6x a day (before they said 6-8x, but she said 6x should be sufficient - whew!), but it's not like we're going anywhere. With my mother the way she is, and my siblings living out of state, we're kind of stuck here regardless, so we're fine with his medical routine. He goes back next week for another follow-up. I hope he continues to improve despite these occasional setbacks and we don't start spinning our wheels, but so far, so good.

it's hot and humid again today with occasional showers this afternoon, so I'm still unable to bike or walk. This has been a really bad summer weather-wise - I feel like I'm stuck in my house most of the time. It might as well be winter. I really don't want to go to the pool again today, so I'll do some fitness video.

QOTD: well I SHOULD use the two extra hours for reading or classes, but I know I'd probably do what I've been doing too much of lately -watching political podcasts and videos.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with blueberry compote

salad with diced chicken and low-calorie dressing

protein shake or protein muffin

salmon and green beans

protein ice cream?

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Julia S.
on 8/1/24 8:55 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD-I hope I would get my butt off the chair and go work out, knit, weave, spin or sew. But have I done any of those things lately? NO

Had my PCP appointment yesterday, she wants me to find an calcium that does not have vitamin D in it. So all of the ones I bought I now need to find a home for. My vitamin D level is still high, and she is concerned. She also wants me to do a bone density scan, which is fine. I suppose it is something that I should know. Also a new Covid vaccine is supposed to be out in the fall, for the new variant. I was trying to figure out when I last had a booster, but I can't find the info. Could it really have been 2022? I think it was last year. Trying to find the information is not easy. Due to my name she can't find me in the database and I can't seem to find the insurance records.

I think my roommate has a job, and may be starting to work today? I can't tell you how relieved I am, plus I think he has 2 more interviews today. Just happy he will be working, I know this has taken a real toll on him.

It's going to be hot today, so hopefully I can keep the house cool.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 8/1/24 9:59 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I knew snoop did a lot with kids sports but had no idea about Flavor Flav and the women's water polo.
glad you are winning the day QJB!

it's been a day this morning, lol, but it's halfway over!

qotd - read more, exercise more! I woke up at 2 and started reading The Berrypickers until it was time to get up. I read so long I will not get a workout today. I'm meeting friends for dinner and I have a few after work errands. Ready for the weekend all ready!

menu

coffee plus half and half x3

cheeseboard leftover

we're meeting at a sushi place so I will have Thai chicken skewers and either a side salad or the asparagus or umeboshi roll

havw a terrific Thursday or what's left of it'

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 8/1/24 6:37 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

The weekend is on the horizon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 214 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics