What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 8/1/24 3:04 am, edited 8/1/24 4:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Gooooooood Morning, everyone! I mean that--I have had a GOOD morning so far. I laid in bed from 3:30am until 5:45am and caught up on the TikTok. I watched Olympic highlights I'd missed, got an update on the pregnant cat I've been following (and who the baby daddy is!) and enjoyed a lot of hot takes on someone's political failure yesterday. What a delight. If bed also had coffee and a paycheck, I am 100% sure I would never leave it.

I am also all caught up on work, so I decided to take the 8am train in, which is also a delight :) Oh, and I finally got my prescription last night, so I am all set with Wegovy next month. I believe I am winning life today :)

QOTD: If there were 26 hours in a day, what would you do more of? I think I would lay in bed and watch TikTok, lol. It was wonderful. But in reality, I would probably be able to get more stuff done for the cookie biz, and not feel as stretched thin as I do.

• Protein coffee
  • Egg Bites
  • Rotisserie Chicken
  • Pink Himalayan Salt Popcorn
  • Ricotta Stuffed Shells

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 8/1/24 4:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! It's fri-yay eve. This has been a long week so it's almost over. QJB, yay for winning at life! I bet it feels very satisfying to be ahead on things.

Today looks to be somewhat busy. I need to run to the bank, Walmart and likely a dollar tree for my mom. Speaking of which had a meltdown last night. It's getting old as I'm the only target besides the neighbors. I didn't even cry, gathered my stuff for bed and went in my room...closing the door. It won't be too long until we(the police and I) have to do something. I may end up having to find another place to live. At an income of less than 1000 a month I'm not looking forward to that. It'll be whatever it'll be. My mom needs help with her anxiety and such.

I'm in a lot of pain and my arms and hands are somewhat numb. My back has been extra spicy for some reason. Ww got to 106° yesterday and may hit the same today,the heat is hard on my aches and pains then add no sleep & lots of stress.

QJB, I watched most of that even and boy howdy. What a lot to unpack. It was like watching train wreck after train wreck.

QOTD! Nap or sleep. If I could anyway lol

food is unplanned since I have to do grocery shopping

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 8/1/24 5:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You and the police will have to do something about your mom? That's not a good scenario.

Maybe you can find a house share or do they have a YWCA? When I left home, I was able to rent a room in the YWCA for a year, it was an interesting mix of people but was very nice - private room, shared bathroom and kitchen/living space. Maybe there's something like that near you?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/1/24 6:21 am - Amarillo, TX

I am going to talk about this today with my peer support.

I've been in contact with a certain branch of the police department here. They are for people who are having a crisis. My mom sends almost daily reports to him so he knows the situation. His partner is a crisis intervention expert with the mental health clinic I go to. She would not be arrested at all. I'm just at a loss of what to do really. If I say anything I get verbally jumped and if I don't I get verbally jumped. If there was drugs being made there would be actual evidence...lots of evidence. My family, especially my brother is worthless to help. I am in it alone and I may not have family afterward. The police officer has volunteered to be the bad guy. She involved him not me to begin with. I just don't know what else to do.

We don't have a YWCA but I know the clinic I go to would help if it calls for it. She won't listen to anyone.

Mel

Queen JB
on 8/1/24 6:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I'm so sorry to hear that it's getting to that point. I think it's important to have a plan in place so that if it gets to a boiling point you aren't scrambling, then. Are there any long term care facilities that she qualifies for?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 8/1/24 6:30 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

What a horrible thing to go through. I hope you have some support during this.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 8/1/24 5:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! New month on a Friday-eve so we have that going for us. Doesn't it feel so good to feel caught up?!? I made decent dents in one of my projects yesterday and added another new one which means more learning.

QOTD: I'd like to say I'd use for some relaxation time but I honestly fill it with house stuff or work.

TSS: 9 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Grilled chicken, cauliflower, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Protein ice cream and carbmaster toast

E: 1/2 hour elliptical and 20 mins Pilates bar

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1229 Protein:107 Carbs:128 Fat:36

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 8/1/24 7:28 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I have to apologize for not recognizing you and Jen yesterday as an inspiring role models. Kelly, you inspire me every day with your continued dedication to exercise and it was you who got me to run during the pandemic and Jen, you just inspire me with your go get um attitude. I am sorry I did not give either of you the recognition you deserve for helping me through the hard times.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/1/24 8:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You are too sweet! We are all here for each other.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 8/1/24 6:26 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Awww, you're the sweetest and made my day. You inspire me

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 360 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 213 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics