What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Melody P.
on 7/19/24 12:05 pm - Amarillo, TX

Rudy is such a handsome guy with (or without) the shark fin!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/24 1:56 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That Lilly is huge!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 7/19/24 7:14 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday!

What a whirlwind two weeks. I'm ready for the weekend. It's going to be a busy one.

On tap this weekend: Tonight-John Williams of Star Wars, Jaws, close encounters of the 3rd kind, etc. A benefit for my friend with a residence of Brain Cancer Tomorrow- Call-A-Lawyer - It's not gimmicky but the Chicago Bar Association having lawyer's answer legal questions. Rooftop meet up at London House. Concert with hometown darling at millennium Park. Sunday - See a speaker, maybe cards, coffee date, lunch with Mom, Heavy metal concert with I Prevail. And I can't forget about unpacking fun.

QJB- I totally empathize with too much to do, not enough time in the day. I'm back to checking emails, texts and voicemails once a day as well as micromanaging my time to the quarter hour. I hope you are taking breaks and not thinking about work during them.

QOTD- Cubs game on a radiant, hot day at Wrigley, bag of peanuts, a cold, sweating beer. At the ballpark, I still think how refreshing a cold Old Style would be even though I don't drink anymore. Hearing the crack of the bat, raucous crowd, kids at their first game with Parents explaining what's happening, and most importantly, the 7th inning stretch; belting out Take me Out to the Ballgame with 40k fans and Harry Carey, while swaying with the crowd, beer in hand for the whole song. 'Let's get some runs.'

B: Bananas Foster yogurt, a few cherries, and coffee.

L: Smoque BBQ mystery bag.

D: A picnic on the lawn at the Pritzker Pavilion. Maybe charcuterie and cheese, grapes.

Pics: 1. My morning coffee view. 2. My train stop has a couch to lounge on while waiting. How nice of someone to leave that there. 3. A squirrel watches from above. 4. A hot dog cookout that I'm heading and the flyer I created.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Grim_Traveller
on 7/19/24 7:26 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It doesn't look like your new apartment will flood!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 7/19/24 7:26 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! Can we all say a thanks to god that we don't work at Crowdstrike?! My day has been...interesting. Woke up at 3 for my 6:25 flight. Went to get up at 3:30 to see it was delayed five hours. No point in going to Minneapolis if I arrive at 1 pm and not 8! Canceled for full refund. Fell back asleep. DH woke up at 5:25 and panicked I was in bed ? He woke me up and I told him. Went back to sleep for half an hour. Woke up to the crazy Crowdstrike news! My good friends husband works for crowdstrike in Detroit in IT but she hasn't chimed in on the group text yet. He's grumpy on a good day so she's probably hiding from him ? Anyway I called Hilton and bullied them into a full refund too so today cost $0! Happy freaking Friday!

Q: Michigan summers were the best!!! It stayed light so late and we used to catch lightning bugs. Ahhh. I'm glad to go back next month.
Eats today are on the fly since I wasn't supposed to be here! Maybe some egg salad, the last of the turkey meat sauce, and some Indian chicken thighs from the freezer!

Have a most wonderful weekend y'all!

Grim_Traveller
on 7/19/24 7:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I spent a couple of days in Detroit about a dozen summers ago. I wasn't aware they were the same time zone as Boston, and it was still daylight at 9:30 at night!

6'3" tall, male.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 7/19/24 9:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yea - I have relatives who live in western Michigan. They're just to the east of the time zone line, and we're just to the west. I used to get so jealous when we went there - I loved it being light at 9:30 PM!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Grim_Traveller
on 7/19/24 7:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Mornin' all. It's cooler and drier here today, which is great. I should do more weeding. But I just don't want to. I'm thinking shop time instead.

My monthly (or so) weigh-in was 198.2, same as last month. Yay for consistency! I was surprised, because I ate mountains of crap last weekend. I think I ate 4 trays of cookies, and all the other things. I'll just count it as a miracle and move on.

6'3" tall, male.

catwoman7
on 7/19/24 9:28 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we have a Zoom meeting with someone from the state retirement system at noon. DH is thinking of retiring at the end of this year, so he has some questions about timing - and I'll be turning 65 next year, so I have some questions about how the state health care system for retirees works with Medicare. I also want to verify that in addition to some Medicare Advantage program, they have an option for a Medigap policy if you choose traditional Medicare instead (which I would prefer - so I hope that's an option!). Otherwise, not much going on today, although it's cool and no rain, so I should probably get out for a bike ride.

we have yet another ant infestation going on. Usually we have one or two early in the summer, but this summer I swear it's every other week. Must be all the rain. UGH.

QOTD: spending time outside. Biking. Hanging out by one of the lakes. Other than the occasional heat wave, I love summer.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with blueberries

Mexican-style salad

protein shake

leftover pizza (went out for it last night - fortunately, I was able to control myself...)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 7/19/24 11:15 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good, uh, afternoon almost? I swear I've been busy all day. I'm just here for the accountability and to dump some more photos!

I was very good yesterday. Way low on calories. Way high on success checking things off the to do list. But not so much on steps and exercise. 1 minute exercise, 5,974 steps. Today is a new day.

I've completed a hard yoga class, a spin class and 35 minutes on the treadmill today. I made it through the grocery strore, put everything away, washed some containers to use to organize and pack up stuff for the fundraiser, cleaned the house and took care of my workout clothes for the week. And it's 11:07 am. Roger is off at a golf meeting and I see a nap in my future!

QoTD: Santa Ana's. I really don't like the heat. When I was a certain age range, my Mom would take us to the Chief's pool on base most days. I got to swim and then always got a quarter to spend at the snack bar. I used to always get those mints that were round like a nickle, 1/2 thick or so and looked the same color as Pepto-Bismol. And I would have green hair all summer from the chlorine. Now my ideal is a sunny day around 75 and a good book on my front porch.

foods today!

So far, a Legendary Hot Fudge Sunday power bar and 1/2 a Fairlife protein drink. I'm starving, but trying to hold out til noon for lunch!

L: sweet Italian chicken sausage and air fried gnochhi

D: Having our little gang over. The girls are going to strategize a Mexican street taco table for the fundraiser. The boys are probably going to strategize which wines to open. Ordering pizza. So I'll be picking off the tops and maybe boosting protein with turkey or carnitas from the fridge.

Pictures! Mendenhall Glacier and one photo of the crazy chickies who stripped to bikinis and jumped in! The picture is of their rapid exit about 1.4 seconds after they plunged in.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 235 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 327 views