What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/19/24 2:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! Oof these 5 day work weeks are a killer after many weeks of weird 4 day schedules. I got a full night's sleep but I am super tired and feel a touch under the weather. Yesterday didn't calm down at all, but my training was excellent and gave me the adrenaline I needed to get through the day! I am back at it today with marathon meetings and interviews and no time to do the things. I hate that feeling. But I don't think going in super early will help much so I am just going in normal early and I will not stay late.

QOTD: What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of summer? Even though I haven't been a kid in a long time, my mind immediately goes to summer camp on the lake in Maine. I think the bar was set then for a perfect summer and I am waiting to recapture it!

Pics are from walks between the train station and campus.

Accountability: I felt really run down all day, and after my egg bites, I wasn't hungry at all, so I skipped everything I brought for lunch and just had a protein bar for dinner. This morning I am taking my next Wegovy shot and even though it's still the lowest dose and probably won't make a dent, I am hoping for the best.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • protein bar
  • I either need to eat or freeze the steak today. I don't think I am going to have the energy for it, and probably won't. Maybe a veggie burger instead?
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/19/24 3:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

what a day yesterday ended up being. My mom started another argument. Let's just say I was in tears(mad) and she apologized twice. Whatever.

Not sure what all is planned for the day. I've not slept well again. I'm just so tired. No rest for the wicked though. I am in a lot of pain, so much so I almost went to the ER yesterday. Not for additional pain meds but to see if they'd do some imaging. I am still weary from last year's hospital stay to do it again. I've got things I need to do and can't put them off. I spilt almost a whole glass of ice water this morning into my nightstand drawer. If that's indicative of my day ahead...yay.

QOTD: I never did go to any summer camp. I'd say mowing. I used to help my grandpa mow his yard, our yard and just about anyone else's. Even the churches yard. I think it's one of the reasons I hate it so much now, it reminds me my grandpa is not here anymore. Plus my back and neck.

Accountability has been crap and I've been eating my feelings but I'm not giving up!

B: eggs and the usual. Coffee x 3

L: sandwich with low carb bread

D: not sure on this one

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/24 3:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay Friday! It's been a chaotic morning already but we'll get to the other side! My friend that is coming in for the weekend isn't supposed to fly until evening so hopefully everything will be resolved by then airlines wise.

qotd - how long until fall? Summer is not my scene, lol

accountability - I drank all the water! And I added a two pack of Oreos. They were the Star Wars ones and I think the colored cream tastes different. Unfortunately not in a good way and it was 10 2 packs to a box. I'm hoping my weekend guest likes weird Oreos.

I don't want to push things to fast so back to walking today vs the rower, I am thinking every 3rd day for a bit, then every other and then I can get back to daily.

menu

coffee plus half and half

greek yogurt

meeting a friend for lunch at a med place - either chicken shawarma wrap or a falafel wrap

the ofher half of the above

Pics are from my Sunday adventures

down the tunnels of the silver mine

The loop railroad from the overlook at Silver Plume

sasquatch

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 7/19/24 6:53 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh Sasq is so fun. I wonder if he gets paid. I remember being a kid and Dad telling us that the signs on the side of the road that said "WATCH OUT FOR FALLING ROCK" were to alert us that Falling Rock (a native American) lived in the hills, and they didn't want us to run him over if he was crossing the road. Wouldn't it have been a big thrill if this guy was on the highway when I was a kid. Dad would have had a field day.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/24 1:56 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

When we were on the train, we could tell exactly when people in the cars on the I70 on ramp saw him. It was hysterical.

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 7/19/24 7:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It doesn't look like much is holding up that train.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/24 1:50 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

It's the 4th one they've built there. Apparently one time they built it backwards and had to start over!

Jen

Mkess
on 7/19/24 7:20 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Did you get to keep the silver you found? I hear there's Diamond State Park in Arkansas where you can dig for diamonds.

I sighted Sasquatch out of his element in Humboldt Park a couple weeks ago

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/24 1:44 pm, edited 7/19/24 6:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

This wasn?t one where we got to dig, but I did do a goldmine a few years ago, where we got to keep everything we dug out in the allotted time (about 15 minutes) (spoiler - it was not very much!)

I have heard people have found and kept some sizeable diamonds from that place in Arkansas.

that Sasquatch was clearly better at blending.

Jen

Emiepie
on 7/19/24 5:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Fri-yay! Quick post for me today since I'm going to get an early start hoping to not have to stay too late tonight. Tomorrow is John's birthday and we are heading to Oakland for an A's game!

QOTD: Camping at the lake

TSS: 9 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: Toast

E: 1/2 hour stationary bike and at-home PT

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 90 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views