What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/12/24 2:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! It's Fri-YAY! Yesterday was a big win for me. I had some pivotal meetings with key people and they all went really well! Today I'll be in in-person presentation portion of interviews for a significant period of the day which will involve some orchestra performances. Still loving this job so much :)

This should be a fun weekend. We're hosting the niece's graduation party on Saturday for about 25 people. Grim has done an outstanding job getting the yard in perfect shape after the gas people dug it up last week. We also went to Costco last night and bought everything. No everything. I am definitely not worried about running out of food!

Cookies for a Princess / Flower 4th Birthday!

QOTD: Media round up! What are you watching / reading / listening to? TV: We've been watching season 2 of The Big Door Prize on Apple TV which is so great. It's very different from anything else I have seen on tv before. Episodes are 30 minutes, and it feels like a sitcom, but it's definitely a sci-fi. It's mostly just quickly and funny-ish, but also very deep and philosophical. Recommended! PODCASTS: I keep starting new ones hoping something will grab my attention but nothing has been great so far. BOOKS: I finished reading Trust by Herman Diaz (didn't like) The Personal Librarian (loved) and I just started All the Colors of the Dark (good so far!).

Accountability: On plan all day until I got home from work late and I was too tired for real food so I wolfed down a handful of chili-lime plantain chips. I've made worse choices, but it wasn't the best.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • arugula, seasoned pulled chicken & black olives
  • cheddar cheese round
  • strip steak
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 7/12/24 2:39 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

I've got an appointment today with the pain clinic, for what it's worth. Other than that I'm not sure what my mom has planned, I should be getting some supplies for orders today. At least part of the supplies. Looking forward to getting that going. I am insanely itchy right now. Sometimes the T4's just do this. More often than not it's just a few minutes of itchiness then it's done but this morning is rarity, thank god. I'm hoping to get back into bed soon and maybe get another hour of sleep.

QOTD: not much right now. We are rewatching drain the oceans on Disney +. I am listening to a mix of music, Jeris Johnson and Nothing More. Atreyu, Seether.

food is terribly unplanned today. I am out of energy. My biggest expenditure will likely be lunch with boneless chicken bites and yogurt.

a meme and my late grandpa. I can hardly believe he'd be 104 if still alive today.

Mel

catwoman7
on 7/12/24 2:48 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I woke up at an ungodly hour again. The cat got stuck or something while falling out of his heated cat bed which is on top of OUR bed. We gave him some gabapentin last night because his corneal ulcer is currently really deep and his eye is at risk, and it's evidently painful. He doesn't respond well to gabapentin. We gave him 50 mg once a few weeks ago before a procedure, which is at the low end of what vets usually recommend, and I swear I thought he was going to die. I told the ophthalmology assistant this when she recommended we give him that for the eye pain, and she said in that case, try 25 ml. So we did. I didn't think he was going to die this time, but still, he's heavily sedated. Too heavily sedated. I think it's his age plus the fact he has kidney disease - he's just not metabolizing it very well. I'll be glad when it wears off and he's back to normal, but then again, once it does, he'll probably be in pain. UGH. Maybe I'll try halving the dose yet again (12.5 mg) (??).

Luckily I just have one of my film discussion groups today over lunch. Hopefully I won't sleep through it.

QOTD: these days I usually jus****ch Bulwark podcasts (it's all politics - the people consist of "never Trumper" Republicans and former Republicans (like Bill Kristol, Tim Miller, Sarah Longwell, occasionally George Conway, and sometimes other guests). I'm glad they're there and agree with me on Trump - but I'm starting to think I should probably cut way back on watching political stuff because the whole current political scene is really stressing me out.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

protein shake

lunch will be at the same restaurant we always go to (film group). I'll get the minestrone soup and Caesar salad combo - it's probably the best choice of all the options

L&F yogurt or protein ice cream

Salad with diced peach and diced chicken and low-cal Asian-style dressing

DH is working from home today, so as long as he can keep on eye on the sick cat and the weather cooperates, I'll go for a bike ride.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 7/12/24 6:46 am - Warren, OH

That poor kitty. You are such good parents to those furbabies. Hope he feels better soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 7/12/24 3:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay Friday!

it's going to be 99 to 100 here for the next few days so I need to get out by 430 for my walk this morning. I can enjoy walking at 67, I was out yesterday at 95 for about 40 minutes and was not happy.

my Fitbit died on my walk yesterday, I can usually go a full week on a charge but I've had the gps one while I've been trying different routes to get some measured routes going, so I have to do that loop again. I was at 2.66 miles when it died and I did end up with 68 active minutes even with the dying and the charging times.

qotd - the only thing I'm watching is The Acolyte and I'm behind on that. in June and July so far, i have given 4 or 5 stars to

blood like mine, Stuart neville

the trap, Ava glass

murder road, Simone st james

return to blood and better the blood both by Michael Bennet

crow moon by Susie aspel

Everest, inc by Will ****rell

Mirrored Heavens by Rebecca Roanhorse (this was the 5 star one)

You Like it Darker, Stephen King

Assasins Anonymous by Rob Hall

i did listen to all of White Devil which was only ok, I did laugh when I realized that the hotel that they talk about is one I had looked at staying.

light meeting day at work which will let me spend some time on feedback notes for the people not moving to round 2 of interviews. I have some friends staying with me this week, well, some friends using my house as their crash pad while they explore Colorado, I didn't take any time off but I do have a Sunday trip to the mountains planned, we're exploring an old silver mine and doing the Georgetown railroad loop.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half x 3

the left over chicken from yesterday

yogurt or cottage cheese

probably a glass of wine while looking outside and wishing I was on the deck, lol

my only new photo this week was of Monday's sunrise

have a great weekend!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 7/12/24 5:04 am
RNY on 11/21/16

LOVED You Like it Darker!!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Grim_Traveller
on 7/12/24 3:30 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning all. I've got all of my dirt spreading done, and today should be a lot easier. I'm going to do some shopping for the cookout tomorrow, a little baking, and getting the house ready.

QOTD: I watched the new Beverly Hills Cop 4 the other night. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It's too bad it was released straight to streaming though. It doesn't qualify for the Oscar's. But if you liked the first one, you'll like this.

I'm in the middle of "The Untold History of the Potato," and it's very good. I re-read "The Man in the High Castle," and I'm still disappointed in the ending. "Spice," ( a history" was before that, and i wouldn't recommend. "the Demon of Unrest," the newest from Erik Larson (about Fort Sumter), was excellent.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy Liz
on 7/12/24 4:29 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Love the cookies- so cute and creative! Omg Friday, thank for being here finally. This week has been rough and now I have Robs cold and I'm a bit salty about it. It hit me yesterday as was wrapping up my project. Even mentally exhausted there was no denying the body aches and fatigue. I didn't swim yesterday and today will be a rest day. I still need to go into to work to take care of a few important things - short day. After, I'm meeting kiddo for lunch and getting my oil changed. I also need to grocery shop. Groceries can wait if needed. I've taken so much Tylenol for this and since swimming on Tuesday for my shoulder and neck that I'm not sure it's healthy. Anyway, I've decided to order a snorkel and see if that doesn't help relieve some neck pain while swimming. I know my form is not the best yet but I'm working on it.

QOTD - Books - I'm happily stuck on any thing from Lisa Jewell lately. I've read about 10 recently. I'm currently reading The Night She Disappeared. I like the layers and it stays interesting to the end. Plus I love that she is British, all her books are set there and read by British narrators - I love it. I am always on the hunt for somethings great though so I look forward to reading the responses. TV - I'm finally caught up on House of Dragon and I'm slowly dying waiting for all my favorite shows to drop new seasons.

Accountability - great, 67 active minutes (treadmill/walk) 10,744 steps. No swimming yesterday. Today - 171.2??!! I was shocked to see that, but considering how I feel - no surprise. I ache all over to my core and I'm puffy to boot - so-so tired. I will not let this get me down though. Taking a FULL rest day today - no am treadmill, no work walk, no swim. Just chill. Back at it tomorrow with a beautiful morning hike and I don't want to miss out.

B- coffee, protein brownie, protein shake

l - Jersey Mike's sub in tub

d- TBD

s- TBD

I hope you all have a fabulous day and weekend!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 7/12/24 4:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Feel better! I hope it's just a cold but it sounds like more.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/12/24 4:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it's water. Especially if you're sore and puffy from exercise. That happens to me when I exercise a lot more than usual. Your body needs extra water to repair the muscles. I'm guessing it'll be gone by tomorrow - or at most, a couple of days.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 88 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views