What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/11/24 2:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^If I took this advice, I would have eaten my mom a long time ago, haha.^^

Happy Thursday. I am heading in on the early train, soon. I am going to be on zoom for most of the day so it's annoying to have to be in, but we basically take turns covering the physical office in case of walk-ins so we have to be in twice a week. Sadly, being in Boston means I am missing the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile coming to our town this afternoon. I told Grim he has to go and take pics.

I have a meeting with someone important today. I have met him several times at social events but he's canceled every work related meeting I have tried to schedule with him, so I really hope he keeps this one on the books. Frankly he intimidates the hell out of me, but I really need his support on something so I hope this goes well!

Good news - I took 2 iron pills and drank tons of Liquid IV and had no restless legs last night :)

QOTD: Do any of you use a mail order prescription service? Experience? I hadn't been on a recurring prescription for years so I have never looked into it. But the Wegovy drama yesterday was literally an all day thing that ended in disappointment. I won't bore you with the details. But I was thinking that if I got a prescription service that sent 3 months at once maybe I could have fewer fights with the doctor's office. But on the other hand, if they get it wrong, would I be stuck with the wrong prescription for 3 months instead of one month?

Accountability: My only additional snack was a handful of snap peas.

Thanks for the good reminders about what you ate right after surgery. I might make some Eggface Lasagna this weekend!

• protein coffee
  • emiepie egg salad
  • pulled chicken & arugula
  • himalayan pink salt power curls
  • NY strip steak
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/11/24 3:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy jr Friday!! Just one more day!!

I've settled on the 5 people to move to round 2, so I'll spend some time today coordinating the interviews for next week and setting up time to talk with the people that are not moving on, plus I am straight through with meetings all day but there are 2 that are large group, stay off camera and on mute, so I can multi task during those.

QOTD - I have used them when I had to be on regular meds previously. It was a requirement of insurance, not optional, and I had to use the one they were contracted with. I do remember there was a mistake on something and I had to work with both insurance and the mail order rx place to address so it took a bit of time but eventually worked out and they were very good about the timing of the deliveries. I wasn't on any medications that were in such a high demand/under supply or super time sensitive. I do know people that had issues with timing, some due to the rx place, some due to the USPS.

QJB, your Himalayan pink salt power curls sound more like an exercise than a food!

I want to be out on my walk by 430 so better hurry up with this coffee. Yesterday I enjoyed my lower exercise day, only 13 active minutes...mostly just via moving through the house and the 27 minutes of stretching which got me a grand total of 4 active minutes. I also only had 2759 steps but fit bit said to rest! Today it did not, lol.

menu today

coffee plus half and half x 3 plus I got some of the just meats chicken teriyaki out of the freezer on tuesday so that will be my meals for today. I have one more cookie from my July 4 baking so I'm going to have that too.

Have terrific Thursday.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 7/11/24 5:30 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I forgot it was Friday-Eve!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 7/11/24 3:41 am, edited 7/10/24 8:42 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Ugh - I just went out to the kitchen to start the coffee and noticed we've got a bunch of damn ants again!! This summer has been terrible for ant infestations. It's all the rain. So I just set out some bait. This also means the cats need to eat their food and not wander back and forth to their dishes all day.

I need to watch a film today for one of my film discussion groups that meets tomorrow. I also have three short films to watch for next week's group, and classes to catch up on. The next couple of weeks look pretty busy (at least for a retiree) - something every day. We're re-thinking the beneficiaries of our trust and there are so many things we'd like to fund that we set up meetings with them to make it easier to choose (one we didn't know about - the vet school at the university now has a clinic for low income and homeless families so their pets can have free - or almost free (depending on income) exams, vaccines, and basic veterinary services - I had no idea! We'll be touring this facility later this month. I'm especially excited about this one!). Anyway, lots going on.

QOTD: no. My osteoporosis injections come from a speciality pharmacy (I think they're compounded (??)) and most people have them mailed, but since the pharmacy is in town I decided to just pick them up - esp since they have to be refrigerated. I don't want them sitting in a hot mail truck. The first few months I got them they would call me every time to make sure I actually meant that I wanted to pick them up, and not have them mailed. I finally told them to please put it in my record that I do NOT want them mailed. So anyway, no - never had prescriptions mailed (at least not mine - occasionally I have for cats)

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

protein shake

salad with diced chicken and diced peach

L&F yogurt

dinner TBA

I didn't exercise yesterday, so I'll do something today. Maybe bike if it's not too humid (no rain until tonight - yay!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 7/11/24 3:41 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all!

Not much happening today that I know of. I had a TERRIBLE night. It felt like every ounce of my body hurt like hell. I also hurt my right hands thumb. It made the entire arm almost hurt so much I couldn't move it, ugh. Just disappointed. I also have an issue with insurance and one of the pharmacies I use. I'll be without insulin...we'll one of them...for a day or two. It's just to stupid to go into, I'll just say it was of no fault of mine for once. I did a no no and took half a Motrin before bed. I got a few hours of decent sleep. But I will not take anymore. I feel so weak for that.

My bank started offering goal accounts. I made one for a ninja Creami! I'll put in 40 dollars a month so hooefully by Christmas I can buy one of the small ones! Woot!

QOTD: I wish I could on some things but none at the moment.

B: eggs, cheese, turkey breakfast sausage, low carb tortilla and coffee x 3

L: I'm thinkin chicken again and maybe a yogurt

D: no clue!

Mel

Greateight
on 7/11/24 4:04 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I'm on the early train as well. Marilyn was leaving at 5:30 for the airport and my options were to either go early or walk to the train station. It's only 3/4 of a mile, but I have my computer, etc. My son will pick me up tonight.

She will fly into Portland today and the dinner at Joel Palmer is tonight. It's a multi-course mushroom feast. I encouraged her to eat as many as possible because I don't like them. It's not the taste so much as the texture for me.

The quilt show is Saturday. I think Julia said that she has been. Marilyn's not an active quilter - just enjoying a weekend away and the food and wine. It's funny, Marilyn has a friend who is adamantly anti-quilt. I didn't know that there was such a thing.

I got my wetsuit yesterday. The legs fit fine and I could get the top zipped with help from Marilyn. I am going to read the instructions this weekend to see if I can get it zipped myself. If I like the triathlon and want to keep up, I had better stay at my current weight because there is not a lot of extra room in this thing.

CrossFit tonight. Probably not swimming, but maybe I will run a bit afterwards.

QOTD: I do not. I can only get one month at a time for Ozempic even though I get 3 for my other meds.

Breakfast: bagel

lunch: catered

Dinner: lamb

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 7/11/24 5:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ So happy it's Thursday, I can see the end from here. Yesterday was not as productive as I'd hoped unfortunately because I always forget about standing meetings in my planning. Anyway, it's deadline day so I have no choice but to finalize the reports - I'm almost there. I look forward to getting this monkey off my back!

QOTD - No, never. My parents did, they were on lots of things and it made sense but was a big pain if the dosages changed.

Accountability - Great, 65 active minutes (treadmill/walking) 10,168 steps. Today 169.6!! 30 minutes done on the treadmill, work walk, swimming after work.

B- coffee, protein pastry, protein shake

l -RGF burrito w/salsa

d - leftover chicken with green beans

s - jerky, pretzels

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 7/11/24 5:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Go Amy!!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 7/11/24 5:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Congrats on the new numbers!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 7/11/24 6:56 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

WTG!!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 90 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views