What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/10/24 2:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! This meme is why I am in HR. I love knowing about all the little squabbles and affairs happening in I.T. way more than whatever celebrities are doing. It's really the perfect job :)

I have been having a tough time falling asleep lately which is not like me and it's really throwing me off. I've got "restless legs" and it is just so annoying and frustrating to have that sensation. Dr. Google tells me it's related to the PPI I'm taking, which they say throws off your iron and electrolytes. I need to do a deeper dive and figure out what I can do about it because the first 3 hours after I go to bed are just miserable. But on the plus side, no GERD!

Other than that, I got nothin' today. I had a ridiculously long boring day yesterday that included a 3 hour afternoon training that I had high hopes for but was mind-numbingly slow. I have back to back meetings this morning, so hopefully today goes a lot quicker!

QOTD: What's something you ate a lot when you first had surgery that you don't have often anymore? I was just remembering my obsession with chaffles the other day. I'm going to have some for lunch.

Accountability: God, I love Wegovy. Nailed it yesterday. Oh, and the doctor apologized for putting in the wrong prescription and they are actively trying to find me the higher dosage. That should really kick it up a notch!

• protein coffee
  • hard boiled egg & greek yogurt
  • chaffles!
  • arugula with chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 7/10/24 2:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well here I am, up in the middle of the night again. After having a heck of a time falling asleep. I bet I was asleep for two hours. I think I'm going to skip my phentermine today. It does work, but I need to sleep. I'll just be really careful with what I eat today.

I don't have restless leg syndrome (my father had that, though - it was miserable!), but for the last two days my thighs have been on fire. I think I've been pushing myself a bit too hard on the bike. It's been so bad it makes it hard to sleep. The last two nights I've taken Tylenol and put a bunch of Biofreeze on them. Helped somewhat, but not totally. So it's kind of similar to having restless leg. In other words, UGH.

well I am down 1.5 lbs from last week. YAY! It's hard to tell any more because at this weight I lose weight in ounces, not lbs - so if I haven't lost any weight - or am up a bit - I don't know if I didn't work hard enough, or if it's jus****er retention or backup. But I was glad to see the scale down since I've been working pretty hard at this the last couple of weeks.

QOTD: wow - I haven't had chaffles in forever - I wonder if they're still a thing? Also, ricotta bake. And protein pancakes. I used to love all of those!

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

protein shake

salad with diced chicken, diced peach, and low-cal dressing

L&F yogurt with tahini stirred in

maybe the last of that hummus/pasta dish we've been working on the last couple of nights

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 7/10/24 3:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I tried phentermine once and I felt like a crazy person. It was what I imagine taking speed is like-no sleep and a racing heart and mind. I decided I'd rather be fat, lol. It was way too intense for me. I'm amazed that you have kept it up for so long. I hope you get some rest.

catwoman7
on 7/10/24 8:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I went off it last summer and since then I've just taken it sporadically - for a two or three days - when I want to rein myself in after a period of out-of-control eating. But I'm back on it more-or-less permanently now. Just 15 ml - but that's more than enough!! I get the tablets, though, so splitting them is an option. I may do that and see if seven ml does the trick without keeping me up at night.

White Dove
on 7/10/24 4:50 am - Warren, OH

I took phentermine for one week. I had vivid and crazy nightmares and never took it again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 7/10/24 7:10 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I'm on phentermine as a maintenance med now. I was going 2 months on, one month off for insurance. Now, I'm doing 3 weeks on, 1 week off and that one week off seems to greatly benefit my metabolism more than the 3 weeks on. I will lose a little weight on phentermine, nothing/a tiny regain when I'm off, and then noticeable weight loss when I restart after the off week. The doctor said I can take it everyday but I found this is better for my body.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

catwoman7
on 7/10/24 8:23 am
RNY on 06/03/15

hmmm...I may try that...

Melody P.
on 7/10/24 3:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

I've been up since 12 something. Total yuck. I've tried to go back to bed but it's all been in vain. Right now the T4's are making me a bit itchy. Today I have an appointment at 9:45 then we need to go get a few things. My mom is wanting to go to hobby lobby. Eww. I'd rather not support them myself but my mom is wanting some tshirts for the kids. I kind of need to go to michaels. I could use a better pair of round nose pliers with a thinner tip than what I've got. At least they have coupons!

QOTD: hmmm...I've gotten away from eating as much protein as I used to. I don't eat as much yogurt as I did in the beginning.

B: Eggs, cheese and a naan bread round. Coffee x 3

L: chicken and maybe a banana

D: I need to fix some of the salmon I have in the freezer...if it won't make me throw up. Salmon i**** or miss with me but I need to get it out of the freezer.

meme.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 7/10/24 4:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday!! The halfway point is here! QJB, if the lower dose is working so well so fast, do you need to get the higher dose? I always think the lowest dose that is effective of anything is better given everything has so many side effects. But I'm not a medical professional and I don't know anything about your medication! If you want to try something to help with your electrolytes, I really like the LMNT grapefruit salt, LMNT is the only electrolyte mix in I like, I think liquid IV, which is easier to find, tastes horrible. My GP also recommends an occasionally unsweetened coconut milk for electrolytes.

Another busy day ahead but an unexpectedly freed up after work, I am thinking if I can disconnect before they shut down, I might take my car to get detailed; I've got guests the next two weekends and a clean car would be lovely.

QOTD - probably protein powder and premier protein/protein drinks.

My low workout readiness score today works well for me, I didn't get up early enough to get a walk in before my 6 am call (which I knew so I was delighted to sleep in until I woke up at 445) so I'll just do some stretching or a very light reformer class. 101 active minutes yesterday, yay me! With the walking path I did yesterday, I think I know exactly what short loop to add to get to 4 miles and have an idea of what to try to get it to 5 miles. Will be nice to have some outlined options.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

lemon skyr

salami and cheese slider

cottage cheese with PB and raisins

RGF orange chicken

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 7/10/24 4:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I am okay with the lower dose for now, because it still seems to be working, but I don't know if the effectiveness will wear off after another week. Since I'd be committing to a full month at a lower dose, and that's not what was prescribed, I feel like I should follow the doctor's plan and not just make up my own plan out of convenience.

I don't mine the Liquid IV as long as it is very diluted in a ton of water otherwise it's way too strong and yucky. I might just go back to Propel for a few days and see if that helps, too. I will try coconu****er, too. Thanks for the rec!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 88 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views