What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/8/24 4:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^Look at this chunky boy! I love him and I would be happy to nom-nom on that arm :)^^

I'm off today. I truly don't know whether I should risk trying a beach day again in case it's full or in case there is a thunderstorm. I want the beach but I don't want 3 hours of sitting in traffic. I have lots of cookie things I could do, but a beach day feels so special (but so risky). Speaking of cookies, yesterday was fun. I hosted a cookie class in our home for some friends and family. They did a great job and it was so fun to have everyone here.

Still no Wegovy. I am so disappointed. I am down about 4lbs in the first month. It was so nice to have a little boost. Praying that I get a call today!

QOTD: Would you like to go to the Olympics in person? It's never been high on my list of travel destinations but I bet it would be really fun to see some of the events in person and travel to a very cool destination seems like a fun bonus. Is it too late for tickets to Paris, lol?

Accountability: excellent until we ordered pizza last night

Today's menu is up in the air since I truly don't know what I am doing with my day. But I have a fridge filled with good food from Hungryroot and I am motivated to be good.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 7/8/24 4:27 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Back to work today. I had a great break, both in Idaho and at home. I am not overwhelmed with stuff going on today, but have a number of things that I need to get done, plus I have swimming this afternoon.

7 weeks until the triathlon. I read the fine print of the event rules and FAQ's, reserved our hotel rooms and ordered a triathlon kit. After some thought, I decided to stick with my existing bicycle and I ordered a new seat for it. On the training side, it has mostly been swim, swim, swim, with a couple of miles of running and one long bicycle ride a week thrown in.

QOTD: Strictly as a sporting event I'm not that interested, but I think the overall experience would be fun. And Paris is a great city to visit. If I went, I don't think that I would try for any sport ticket in particular - I'd just take whatever tickets are cheap and available, or watch things that are outside like crew or the marathon.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: catered

Dinner: steak sandwich

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Melody P.
on 7/8/24 4:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

The weekend was ok. Nothing exciting happening today...or at least I hope so. Ha. We have the kids today and we need to go to Walmart. With three kids that should be interesting. I've been up since 1:30ish. Got an idea worked out for a necklace and got it started(all the beads put on eye pins). Hoping to get it finished today. Also hoping for a nap.

QOTD: nothkng i could thin, of that would make me want to go unless i was there to support a family member.

B: egg, mini tortilla, cheese, chicken sausage and coffee x 3

L. taco stuff

D: leftovers

Mel

White Dove
on 7/8/24 4:54 am - Warren, OH

I knew a young man who was an Olympic champion in 1968. He was a swimmer. From early teens he went to a special school that prepared him for the event. He swam several times a day. I don't believe there was much emphasis put on other subjects or on what to do after being in the Olympics. He competed and won bronze. He got a lot of admiration and recognition for a while.

But as time went on, Brian never seemed to be able to accomplish anything else. He ended up dying homeless on a street in Los Angeles a few years ago. Seeing the whole process first hand sort of soured it all for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/24 4:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and welcome back to the work week! Work on Friday was a bit busier than I expected but that made it go fast, the weekend was great - tried a new place for dinner (buffalo gumbo - would probably make my friends from Louisiana have a heart attack but it was great), fun concert, really pleased with the exhibits I saw at the museum and then a good aerial yoga class to round out the weekend. I also finishwd 7 books from Wednesday to last night, 3 were in progress but I needed to just finish them. I did not sleep at all on Friday night so that was two of them. (If you need a mystery recommendation Better the Blood by Michael Bennet was very good and set in Auckland with a lot of M?ori details, I also read the 2nd book in the series but it's not released yet (Beyond the Bloood), would recommend both). Also the Emma Makepeace spy series by Ava Glass continues to delight.

Today is just work, an after work appt and I have to pick up my nephew from the airport this evening. I've already got my 69 active minutes in and 6k in steps so I'm winning the day! Also it was cool enough this morning that I had to go back in and grab a jacket before my walks. It won't last, the week is supposed to heat up and we might hit 100 around Friday.

qotd - zero interest

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

cottage cheese with PB and cinnamon and raisins.

salami and cheese slider

not sure on dinner, might take the nephew out before I send him home. If not something after he leaves.

have a marvelous Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Icecream Dreamer
on 7/8/24 8:49 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Thanks for the books rec. I reserved the Better the blood

Also, 7 books since Wed?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 143.4

PGW: 140-142

Ymaliz
on 7/8/24 4:58 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy Monday ya'll!! I had a fabulous weekend - I did all the things I wanted to do and feel great today. The beach, hike, walks, swimming, errands, chores, movies, naps, food and best of all family. My son makes Meade and gave us a demonstration yesterday so we have our own jug to tend to for the next 30-60 days. The process is pretty simple and very cool. The different flavors he has made are wonderful. I'm looking forward to his hibiscus raspberry rose when it's ready. Ours is just simple honey Mead. Today/this week is the last YE project then I can move on with my life. I though the deadline was Friday, but it's Thursday so let's just hope all the reports have been turned in so I can get them done asap.

QOTD - I would like to go, but doubt I ever will. I like watching all of it, but I love watching love swimming, diving and womens gymnastics. I think it would be great to see it all live.

Accountability - great - 75 active minutes (walking/1025 meter swim - new PR), 8,159 steps. Today 171.0, 30 minutes on the treadmill done, nothing else planned yet but will get my steps in.

b- coffee, protein pastry, protein shake

l - chicken Caesar salad

d- eggs and sourdough toast

s- watermelon

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/24 6:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

nice job on the swim!!

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/24 6:11 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have not had mead since WLS, I worry about the sugar and RH but we have a cool meadery near by (for some reason we seem to have a lot of meaderies in Colorado). This one has some really interesting flavors.

Jen

Ymaliz
on 7/8/24 7:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Not a huge fan - I don't drink them, but I do enjoy tasting them. He's made lemon rosemary and blackberry lavender (may have mixed up those combos...) but they were nice! He brought them to Easter - proud moments watching my whole family try them, very cool!! He will probably try every combo known to man. He is really enjoying his hobby.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 327 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 278 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 271 views
Ajjj! It?s Monday!