What's on deck for this Sunday?

Melody P.
on 7/7/24 12:46 am - Amarillo, TX

could that be anymore true? I feel called out!

Good mornin y'all! It's a rough night for me but I'm trying to keep busy. Immense amount of pain right now.

Only a trip to Walmart planned for the day as we need dog food and treats. I may vacuum if I feel up to it. Otherwise I'd like to lay low today. Yesterday was decent enough. I did have a big cry after going to bed, that didn't help at all.

I did manage to get a bracelet made that I love a lot. It was a bit floppy originally but I altered the weave a bit and now it's reversible. I will eventually make one in all copper and antique it. Pics at the bottom!

QOTD: what's your most irrational fear?

Mines definitely that I think something will bite my toes off if I can't see the bottom of the water I'm in. Be it a River, lake or pool. I'm a great swimmer but I'll be damned if I'm ever in super deep water of my own free will HA!

B: I'm out of HB eggs. So I'll do a regular egg, some chicken sausage and maybe a couple ozs of chicken. Of course coffee x 2 at least.

L: no clue at this point.

D: salmon maybe. Brussels sprouts too if I do salmon.

Pic one is the original front...

this is the back side which by far is my favorite but I do love both. Now to find a clasp that can work on either side!

Mel

Ymaliz
on 7/7/24 5:18 am, edited 7/6/24 11:02 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme is truth! I had the best day yesterday - just lovely! We took Chloe on a little hike then went to the beach for a few hours and it was just gorgeous. The sun was hot but there was a nice cool breeze off the water. Ran some errands and had a mini nap after. Not too shabby for Amy. I'm swimming this morning, then I'll tidy up the house and do laundry. Kiddo is coming over for dinner.

ETA: QOTD - my irrational fear is whenever I hear a fire truck siren I think my house is on fire. I'm always double checking to make sure the burners are off, the candles are out, my heating pad and hair appliances are off - OCD style before I leave the house. It's also why I no longer iron anything.

Accountability - great, 56 active minutes (walking) 11,543 steps. Today 170.6! swimming this morning and hopefully lots of normal activity to get to 10k steps w/rebounder if needed.

B- coffee, eggbeater veggie scramble, TJ's chicken sausage, protein shake

l - grilled ham and cheese wrap

d- Chicken caesar salad with extra parm and croutons

s- watermelon, jerky

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 7/8/24 12:52 am - Amarillo, TX

You're killin it! Way to go!

Mel

catwoman7
on 7/7/24 7:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

wow - I can't believe I slept for 8h 46m last night (according to Garmin). Although I was woken up by cats at my usual 4:00-5:00 AM and, as rarely happens, I was actually able to get back to sleep. Slept until 9:00. Wow! I must have needed it!

nothing planned for the day but I need to read more of a book for my book discussion group, and I need to get caught up on my classes since I don't think I did anything with them this week - I've spent too much time reading about the whole thing going on with Biden (and I should add I'm just sick about it and totally freaked out about the thought of Dump returning. This morning on NPR they had someone on who was talking about the possible ending of no-fault divorce if he gets back into power. WTF??? Are these people insane? (yes - they are insane. Although given that TFG's been divorced twice himself, I'm shocked that this is even being considered...))

QOTD: the only thing I'm fearing now is what's going to happen if Dump gets back into power, but I wouldn't call that an irrational fear. It's a real fear. So here's a silly one that's related to Amy's - the fear of forgetting to close my garage door. I can't tell how many times I've circled back to drive by my house to make sure the garage door is closed.

coffee with half & half

protein muffin and L&F yogurt

protein shake

Mexican-style salad

leftovers from the other nights hummus/pasta dish (we have a ton of it left!!)

not sure about exercise - I think we're in for more rain today. Although I could just use this as a rest day..

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Ymaliz
on 7/7/24 7:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

OMG - yes - the garage door! I've turned around I don't know how many times to make sure it's closed.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 7/8/24 6:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My garage door opener has an app so I can check, I also have it set with a timer that if I left it open, it would close at X time. I made sure the new house had a smart one like that after I once left my garage door in AZ open and left town for a week. I got a call from the local police a day or two into my trip to let me know they had inspected everything and closed the door for me.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/8/24 7:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

an app sounds like a great idea!! I've actually never left my garage door open in the 27 years we've lived in this house, but I swear every third time or so I circle back to my house to make sure it was closed!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 7/8/24 12:55 am - Amarillo, TX

I am very torn up about the whole future of our country. It's definitely not an irrational fear. It's a living nightmare.

Mel

White Dove
on 7/7/24 9:01 am - Warren, OH

When I was about 12 years old there was a rat in our basement. I saw it and was terrified of it. My father put out poison and told me he found it dead a few days later, but I would still be afraid to go in that basement on my own. I never had it actually happen, but still have nightmares about rats being in the house. I think that is one reason I always wanted to have cats.

When I did hair, one of the ladies left her iron on and her house went on fire. I came home one night and my garage door was open. I called the police and they determined I had just forgotten to close the door. But I had them check out the house before I went in. Those are not really irrational fears, because they can happen and cause a lot of damage.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 7/8/24 12:57 am - Amarillo, TX

I agree with you, totally not irrational fears, I do the garage door thing a lot. In our neighborhood it's a must even if we have to drive back to make sure.

The thought of a rat infestation scares the crap out of me. They are cool critters but not in my house please!

Mel

Most Active