What's the plan for your Saturday?

Melody P.
on 7/6/24 1:19 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

Not a lot planned today. We might go to Sam's to get some eggs but that's a big might. We may wait until tomorrow. We shall see. I will be doing a lot of chainmaille. I bought myself a pendant made from a somewhat rare form of calcite. It has a lot of aqua color in it and I need to see if I have the rings I want in the color I want. Not a super expensive piece but I adore it. I also need to make earrings, finish a bracelet and do a few more.

Yesterday was decent. At this moment I am feeling hard hit by my T4's. I should've had more to eat with it I guess but I feel like my head is floating about a foot or more off of my shoulders lol. Most of the time it doesn't do this. I seriously don't get how some people can like this feeling.

QOTD: What is your earliest memory?

Mine is a Christmas gift I got once. It was a roll out piano that you stepped on. Just had like 5 or 6 keys and was for a toddler of which I was. It was FANTASTIC! I loved it so much. I found out as an adult that it was from a thrift store so my love of thrift store funds came early! LOL. Speaking of which I found a brand new swimsuit from Torrid with the tags still on it for 2 bucks yesterday! Woot!

B: eggs, cheese, sweet onion teriyaki sauce, half a banana and coffee x 2

L: chicken and yogurt

D: I'm thinking shrimp spring rolls and maybe something else?

S: PP shake

Have a great one everyone!

here is a kitty pic for tax. My late Otis boy!

Mel

White Dove
on 7/6/24 3:06 am - Warren, OH

I was three and got a little ironing board and iron for Christmas. Back then little girls could not wait to grow up so they could do household work.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 7/6/24 3:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

up at 4:30, as usual, thanks to the cats. I have skyr going in the Instant Pot and just took some bread dough out of the basement fridge since I think it needs to rise a bit more before baking (I usually do my first rise on the kitchen counter and the second in the fridge for a day or two, but I don't think it's risen enough - I must have put it in the fridge too early). Otherwise no rain today (yay!), so I'm sure we'll be out biking. This has been really rainy summer - so tired of it! So we try to get outside whenever we can.

yesterday I went to see Joe Biden. He was just great!! Very animated and energetic...just like his old self! We were in the overflow room, which at first seemed like a bummer, but I was in the front row, and there were two huge screens in front so we could see what was going on in the main room - and, after his speech, he came in to talk to us - and he was literally about three feet in front of me!! I was so excited!! Watched his interview with George Stephanopoulos (sp?) last night. He didn't do quite as well. His thinking seemed OK, but he seemed slow to respond a few times - but I think he was just tired. He told Stephanopoulus that he'd had a really busy day - that he'd talked to Netanyahu, called the new British PM, and a few other things that I can't remember, and he didn't even mention that he'd also flown to Wisconsin, did a speech, and flew back to DC to boot. I would have been exhausted! My sister (who lives in Nevada) was watching it on national TV and spotted me in the front row - somehow she was able to get a picture of the screen and sent it to me. It was great! (not the picture of me - not terribly flattering - but the fact I was spotted on national TV!)

QOTD: I remember when my mother was very pregnant with my sister. She was telling me there was a baby in her stomach, and I kept saying "no!", because I didn't believe her. My sister was born almost three weeks after I turned three years old, so I would have been two or three.

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt with fruit

protein shake

not sure about lunch

L&F yogurt - maybe with a piece of sourdough bread if I bake it today

Mexican-style salad (with black beans and chicken breast)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 7/6/24 3:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

well never mind - DH just sent me a link to the Biden interview (I didn't see the first five minutes or so of it last night) - he did it in Madison in the school library of the same school he did the speech in - so he evidently did it right after I saw him..

White Dove
on 7/6/24 3:34 am - Warren, OH

Being spotted on national TV is awesome.

I am so glad you said Biden is doing well. That debate was a real downer for me so it is great to get positive feedback.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 7/6/24 3:57 am - Amarillo, TX

I think some of his slow responses are also due to his stutter issue. A lot of people have to think a little bit before speaking. I was too disappointed with the debate but let's face it. I'd vote for a door knob before ever voting for the alternative candidate.

Mel

catwoman7
on 7/6/24 2:46 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

a commenter on a Washington Post article was going on about how in Biden's interview with Stephanopoulos, he at first said "the 2020 election" and then immediately corrected himself and said "I meant the 2024 election". The commenter said he played it three times because he couldn't believe Biden would make a mistake like that. I replied that I'm 64 and I can totally see myself saying something like that - and most people over 60 can probably relate to that. If you realize your mistake right away, it's just an age-related thing and not dementia. He then responded to ME and said "no - this is very serious!". Good god. Yes, the debate was awful and I do think he probably has some cognitive decline, but the events like the debate sound like they're pretty infrequent. I'm personally not worried. I find myself sometimes searching for words or using the wrong word. I'm in a longitudinal Alzheimer's study, and the researchers there have frequently said that if you remember the thing a couple hours later (or in Biden's case, a couple seconds later), it's NOT a sign of dementia. It's just due to age. People are focusing on these minute details and making a huge issue out of them. The debate aside, this whole thing is insane. Meanwhile, the media doesn't seem to be focusing on Trump's mistakes AT ALL. Sharks? Whales? All the nonsensical word salads that come out of his mouth? It infuriates me. And yes - I'd vote for a doorknob before I'd vote for Trump.

Ymaliz
on 7/6/24 5:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ It's the real weekend, yay! Yesterday felt like Monday, so it took some convincing to roll otherwise. I was able to get all the things done, so I'll have fresh start on real Monday. In the meantime, ahhhh, lets relax. Today we are taking Chloe to the park for a walk. After that we are packing up and headed to the beach for a few hours to relax in the sun. I'm so glad I'm used to being in a bathing suit again. I have a cover up to walk around in and beyond that, I just don't care what people think anymore. I've wasted too much time on that. We are going to have some fun! Home for a nap after then grilling dinner and watching a movie - my choice tonight - a very good day!

QOTD - I have flashes but I'm not even sure what was a memory, a picture, or a story anymore. I was 3 or 4, and I was wearing a navy blue fake fur coat with big gold buttons that had dear on them (I still have one of the buttons). I loved that coat and twirled around and around until I fell and ripped my tights and scuffed up my black patent leather shoes right before church. Of course I was in big trouble.

Accountability - great, 53 active minutes (treadmill/rebounder) 11,030 steps. No swimming, tomorrow instead. Today 172.0, walking the pup, walking the beach, frisbee and rebounder later to make it to 10k+.

B- coffee, eggbeater and cheese wrap

l - ham and cheese on keto bread and protein chips

d- grilled chicken, rice and corn on the cob

s - watermelon, jerky

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Queen JB
on 7/6/24 6:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! I have the rarest of days with absolutely NOTHING to do. Literally nothing. I feel like I should make a plan but I am just sitting here reading the internet in my PJs.

QOTD: I am sure I have shared this before but my earliest memory is crystal clear. I turned 2 and got my "big girl bed" which had a painted brown metal structure. I remember thinking to myself, "this probably isn't chocolate but I should lick it just in case" LOL. I've alway been a fat kid, even when I wasn't actually fat.

• protein coffee
  • roast beef & cheese on spelt bread
  • cottage cheese & veggies
  • I'm going to try a fancy Sheila-like ice cream protein shake. Flavor and ingredients TBD.
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Julia S.
on 7/6/24 8:03 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

That meme is so apt.

QOTD- When I was a little over one, I'm not sure if it is memory or if I've been told the story so many times. We were living in Alaska and in this shop they had seal skin teddy bears. I walked up to one and rubbed noses with it. I still have that bear today. It was hand sewn and and little beads for it's eyes. He is still my favorite.

I got an email from the cat flap people and they wanted me to video programming the door with my cats. I told them respectfully no. Not only could I not do it by myself but I don't want to traumatize them any more. I just put duct tape over the latch to keep it open. I did explain that it is in an exterior wall and sealed in with caulk and insulation. At this point I just duct tape it open so they can come an go. They still don't like going out the door, but don't mind coming in. It was an expensive and time consuming waste, if I could I'd just rip it out. I also explained why I wanted a microchip door as at my last house the raccoons would come in the cat door, and here there are multiple other cats. They are made in the UK so I just don't think they don't get it that you really don't want raccoons in your house. I had to put the cat food in a metal container that they couldn't open and remember to lock the cat door. If I even left it open for one night they would come back. I'm not sure that they have raccoons in the UK.

Working today to make up for the lost hours on Thurs and Friday I didn't get any wor****il 3 1/2 hours into my day yesterday. So I'll put in 7 1/2 hours and I'll have my 40 for the week.

I'm hoping my roommate gets a job soon. He has an interview next week so please send some good thoughts. I'm barely hanging on and need him to start contributing.

Not going anywhere today as it is going to be 100.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active