What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/5/24 3:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all and Happy Friday! I imagine I am the only one of us who has to work today? It's a bummer not to get an extended weekend from the Thursday holiday but we have a lot of staff who have to work the student summer programs. They can't give some of the staff the day off and not others, so those of us who don't have a lot of PTO are stuck working. It should be completely quiet, though, so all good ;) Oh, and I have Monday off for my summer flex hours, so...yay!

Yesterday was a nice chill day. Grim made yummy burgers and dogs on the grill and we just hung out in the backyard :)

QOTD: Are you having any issues getting prescription meds? I haven't been on a regular prescription in decades, only an occasional prescription for antibiotics and stuff here and there. But now I am on a stronger med for my GERD (yay!) and Wegovy. Both of them are almost impossible to get. Grim also had an adventure trying to get a script filled. What a PITA. I knew about GLP-1 shortages but I didn't know about any others. Is this a thing or does our pharmacy just suck? Here's a pic of our pharmacy, which might just answer that question, lol.

Accountability: I had too many potato chips but other than that it was exactly as I expected--just one big meal all day.

I could lie to you (and myself) and pretend I have a plan today but I have no idea. I need to clear out the fridge from all the uneaten food and see what's left. I have a lot of frozen food leftover from Hungryroot deliveries I didn't eat in time, so I need to see what I've got in there, too.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 7/5/24 4:03 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning all. I hope you all had a good day off yesterday. JB keeps telling me today is Friday, but it doesn't seem like it.

QOTD: It's become impossible to contact a pharmacy directly. After several days of waiting for a med, the website and app kept saying it was on order. I called and got shuttled between a dozen people, and was told that CVS is a completely different company from CVS retail, and they couldn't help. I finally learned that no store in 50 miles had what I needed, and so they just couldn't get it. Just tell me that from the beginning, rather than telling me it was on order!

We have a deeply broken system, and all the changes they talk about are just putting bandaid on something that can't be fixed.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 7/5/24 5:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the dr can provide an alternate med for you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 7/5/24 7:12 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Mark Cuban started, and online discount Pharmacy has anyone ever looked into that. I never needed to but would if I was in this situation.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 7/5/24 12:55 pm - Warren, OH

I kept looking at them and could not figure out what that was. That is a really good job with the bacon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 7/5/24 4:04 am - Warren, OH

I know people with diabetes who are bitter when they can no longer get their meds because so many people are taking them for weight loss. Both diabetes and obesity are medical conditions that need to be treated.

The answer to all of these issues is to produce enough to help everyone. I am not running to any shortages myself and don't understand the shortages.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 7/5/24 5:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's shocking they just haven't considered "make more" but clearly it has yet to occur to them.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 7/5/24 7:01 am - Amarillo, TX

But you see that would make sense! That and they wouldn't be able to Jack up the prices so much.

Melody P.
on 7/5/24 4:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

not much happening today that I know of. The fireworks....well they suck. I hate them. The dogs hate them. Did I mention I hate them too? lol. I'm having issues with my former cell phone carrier. They charged me after I deleted my account. So once they open at 8 I'll be calling. So annoying. Also dealing with att crap.

food yesterday was not so good. Not all bad except for the small piece of cheesecake. I did have a full small hamburger with the bun. It was good but back on track today.

my back has been really bad lately. I have been having some new nerve pain issues. Shooting pains and extremely bad foot pain. It's making for a lot of uncomfortable times and high annoyance levels.

QOTD: when I was on Ozempic I had issues but nothing now.

B: eggs, cheese, 1tbs ranch dressing, 2 ozs chicken and coffee x2

L: hamburger patty, 4 potato wedges and maybe some yogurt

D: not sure on this one yet.

Amy Liz
on 7/5/24 5:07 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy Friday! It felt like Saturday all day yesterday and was a push to accept it was a work night and now, it feels like Monday. Yes, I'm working too, only 5 hours. My beautiful schedule is going to change soon. Upper management believes our flex schedules have gotten out of hand. They are not wrong when it comes to coverage for staff, and supervisors too unfortunately being that we are public servants... I'm never there on Friday afternoons so someone else has to be, I get it. Also I go in very early - I would hate to go in later and have to stay later since I'm an early morning person. Hopefully I can switch to 9/80 and if I have to change my hours, I will simply rearrange my routine and who knows - it could be a better fit. Anyway - I will survive. Last super busy week of deadlines to close the FY and then I can breathe for a while.

QOTD - I'm not taking any prescription currently and don't recall any problems in the past. I've had issues with Vet meds though. They were backordered on the narcotic cough syrup for poor little Sunny. I was so sad/mad as the alternative wasn't working and he was suffering - I think it was a few horrible weeks we waited.

Accountability - Good, I had unplanned chips - damn chips. 53 active minutes (walk/rebounder) 9,701 steps. Today 172.0, 30 minutes done on the treadmill. Swimming after work.

B- coffee, protein shake, protein bar or pastry

L- jerky x2 in the car or chicken w/salad at home

d- TBD

s - watermelon

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 GW 175 (6/14/24) CW 170 REVISED GOAL 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 25 views
What's on your July 4 Menu?