What's on your July 4 Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/4/24 3:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning all! Happy 4th! I slept until 6am. SIX AM! I really don't know why I have been so tired this week, but I am glad I got to sleep in. My parents and Grim's daughter and brother are coming over in a few hours for some grilling and chilling. It should be a nice sunny day, and it will be nice to have our favorite people here :) I just need to do a little mopping before the crew gets here. I dripped watermelon juice all over the kitchen last night and (have I mentioned how tired I've been?) I just left it.

QOTD: What's your most memorable 4th of July? When I was a teenager my friends put a couch in the back of a pick up truck and we went to the local fireworks show. That's right. I was on the highway in the back of the pick up truck, sitting on a couch. No seatbelts, no safety. Weren't the 80s a blast? But it was a very fun memory.

My guess for food today is that I will only eat one meal but it will take me hours and hours to get through it.

• protein coffee
  • cheeseburger, watermelon, chips, carrots & celery
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 7/4/24 4:32 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Happy 4th of July everyone! Be sure to celebrate. It might be our last.

I think I'm going to try one of those cheeseburgers that all the kids talk about. But we actually have pretty minimal food, for us. We usually have two family size bags of chips and three dozen cookies per person. This time we have two bags of chips and no dessert for 6 people. 3 of 6 are on Wegovy.

QOTD: I don't have a specific 4th of July memory. For most of my life there was a big fair held just a mile away, and I probably spent a bunch of July 4ths there. But nothing jumps out. And I'm not a beach person. I get a sunburn walking out to the car.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 7/4/24 5:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Second and third sentence....EXACTLY!

Mel

Amy Liz
on 7/4/24 4:37 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy 4th! I was in bed before 8pm last night and up at 3:30... It's cool, I have to get on my gyms website as early as possible to reserve a lane for the next day and then coffee is always calling my name. Today, we are taking Chloe to a new to us park for a beautiful walk and picking up some essentials for the day ahead. My son, his girlfriend and my niece are coming over for the early 4th festivities - meaning food then leaving to go where the cool people go - the beach and the bars I presume. Well cool or not, that is what I used to do at their age - so much fun!

QOTD - I would say all my childhood 4th of July picnics at my Aunts house in Connecticut w/the entire O'Brien clan - they were absolutely magical!! The fireworks were the highlight, but the shenanigans with my cousins were the best part.

Accountability - great, 68 active minutes (treadmill, rebounder) and 11,870 steps. Today, 171.6, no treadmill, we are walking and I'll be active, but no exercise goals to speak of8 today. I need to be flexible with exercise or I become obsessive - so far so good.

B- coffee, eggs, toast, protein shake

l- chicken wrap

d- burgers and dogs of course

Have a wonderful, safe and sane day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 GW 175 (6/14/24) CW 171 REVISED GOAL 165

Melody P.
on 7/4/24 4:42 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning y'all! Happy 4th!

Not a lot planned for the day. We might grill but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'm not excited about the choices if we do but meh. Probably a small pork chop and/or a burger patty. Yesterday was quite awful thanks to my mom.

I did find some protein powder I like. I decided to try isopure. They have an unflavored one that I was able to get at Walmart. I had it in my coffee this morning and it dissolves really well! I also forgot to mention yesterday that I took an at home A1c test and according to it it has dropped a whole % point. Down to 6.2%. Quite happy with that!

QOTD: my favorites are when I was a kid. They used to set off fireworks for the city not far from my grandparents house (which I live in now). We would sit on the roof of the shed to watch them. Also the demise of my Barbie was quite memorable. Bottle rockets and blackjacks do some incredible damage. Burning Barbie's smell incredibly bad. Also the memory of how much my grandpa enjoyed them. My goodness I miss him.

B: chicken sausage and chicken boneless wings....coffee x 2

L: likely the bbq stuff...I'll air fry some potato wedges

D: maybe leftovers?

S: Starbucks refresher pod and maybe an egg

Mel

catwoman7
on 7/4/24 4:42 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

wow - I got in right away! The login issues and slowness have been really irritating the last few days, and half the time I've just given up. I may delete some of the photos I have stored here that I'm not likely to post again - not that my little bit will help all that much, but..

we're due for rain most of the afternoon and evening, and the gym is closed today, so I'd better get my butt out there this morning to walk or bike. Otherwise, no plans for the day, other than I should probably drag myself away from politics for at least a few hours. It's not good for my blood pressure.

QOTD: the only thing that comes to mind is going to see the fireworks at a park near my grandmother's house (in Cleveland) when I was three or four (five?) years old. I HATED it because the noise hurt my ears so much. I remember my great grandmother sitting behind me covering my ears with her hands, and me crying.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

protein shake

Mexican-style salad

protein muffin

either spaghetti or this pasta/hummus dish I made last night (which was surprisingly good, but pretty caloric. I only had half a cup of it - which I will tonight, too, if we have it again..)

have a great 4th, if you celebrate. We probably won't be doing much on this end...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your July 4 Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 115 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 330 views