What's on your Tuesday Menu?

White Dove
on 7/2/24 4:46 am - Warren, OH

I used to work in a plant that produced wire for automobiles. Everything was done by machines so all the workers did was start the machine in the morning and then sit around all day, if you saw people that were up and doing something, that wad bad because it meant a machine was malfunctioning.

With eight hours to kill they threw parties. Birthday parties, baby showers, holiday parties, wedding showers, retirement parties, divorce parties. There were always trays of food, coolers of drinks and buffets set up. One of the biggest was for a dog who was training to be a work companion for people with disabilities,

The dog had failed its certification exams twice and when he finally passed there was a huge party with hundreds in attendance. Parties are fun but I would not want to give up a WFH day for one. Glad this is her last day and so happy that she got your special cookies.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 7/2/24 4:36 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Was that during the time that American cars were not known for reliability? Because party all the time would certainly explain that!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 7/2/24 4:55 pm - Warren, OH

The attitude then was to buy a car and it would fall apart in two or three years, then buy another one. When foreign cars proved that a vechile could last for a lot longer, American manufactors had to scramble to change to producing a high quality product.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 7/2/24 5:17 am, edited 7/1/24 11:58 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Damn straight that's a squat! Nice day at home yesterday - no complaints especially since I got to watch the Six Brothers with schizophrenia documentary and it was fascinating. Today I have lots to do at work, so on with it all. I'm looking forward to 7/15 when the madness stops and we return to normal. More passing on my projects/duties to staff and taking on my boss's projects/duties. I can't believe I've been in this unit less than 2 years and how much it has changed. Night and day with a ways to go still. I'm happy and proud of how far we have come.

QOTD - We live in a very quiet unincorporated area on the outskirts of a bigger city. We have the usual suspects around here raccoons, possum, skunks, rabbits, gophers. Bobcats and mountain lions are in this area (and everywhere in CA) and were seen a few streets over on ring cams.

Accountability - Great on food and fluids, 62 active minutes and 11,675 steps. Today - 173.0, 30 minutes done on the treadmill, 30 minute lap swim after work.

B- coffee, legendary pastry, protein shake

l - chicken w/mini salad kit

d- tacos

s- apple, jerky

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 GW 175 (6/14/24) CW 171 REVISED GOAL 165

Mkess
on 7/2/24 5:55 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

Well, it's definitely a week.

Yesterday was nutso. No time to wait for OH to load each other. I tried twice throughout the day and it timed out. It timed out multiple times this morning too.

I'm heading in for medical treatment today. Since I am in between aides, I need to get myself home since I won't be able to drive. I called my insurance's transportation line and arranged a ride. Last time I used insurance transportation, it was a 3 hour ordeal and I vowed never again. Apparently, they order you a Lyft now. I should've looked back into this sooner.

My landlord is being fun. He won't tell me what's going on with my apt despite asking multiple times. The current rollercoaster peak is that he is demanding a letter that states I'm going to vacate before he will explain what's happening with the building. Since he hasn't told me that anything's wrong with my apartment, I can't assume that the apt is illegal. If he says I have to move, he'll be responsible for moving costs and I have something concrete to start legal action against him

QOTD- Coyotes, rabbits, RATS, squirrels, pigeons, foxes, street cats, the occasional dog, possum, an occasional beaver, bat, deer, geese, ducks, Sasquatch.

B: 1/4 muffin, yogurt.

L: steak fajitas.

D: something from the freezer - shrimp in coconut curry?

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Mkess
on 7/2/24 6:40 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

Well, it's definitely a week.

Yesterday was nutso. No time to wait for OH to load each time. I tried twice throughout the day and it timed out. It timed out multiple times this morning too.

I'm heading in for medical treatment today. Since I am in between aides, I need to get myself home since I won't be able to drive. I called my insurance's transportation line and arranged a ride. Last time I used insurance transportation, it was a 3 hour ordeal and I vowed never again. Apparently, they order you a Lyft now. I should've looked back into this sooner.

My landlord is being fun. He won't tell me what's going on with my apt despite asking multiple times. The current rollercoaster peak is that he is demanding a letter that states I'm going to vacate before he will explain what's happening with the building. Since he hasn't told me that anything's wrong with my apartment, I can't assume that the apt is illegal. If he says I have to move, he'll be responsible for moving costs and I have something concrete to start legal action against him

QOTD- Coyotes, rabbits, RATS, squirrels, pigeons, foxes, street cats, the occasional dog, possum, an occasional beaver, bat, deer, geese, ducks, Sasquatch.

B: 1/4 muffin, yogurt.

L: steak fajitas.

D: something from the freezer - shrimp in coconut curry?

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 7/2/24 6:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday!! QJB, are these mandatory after hours things or can you say no? I do all the during work day and all the customer facing or mandated after hours things but I usually just say no on the optional ones if they don't work for me. I might be the cranky colleague but I don't think so, I try to not schedule anything outside hours of it's internal only which people seem to appreciate!

qotd - rabbits, hawks, eangles, bobcat, coyotes, foxes, pronghorn, deer, the very occasional lost black bear. We have a lot of rabbits right now which means we will see a lot more foxes/coyotes in the fall. There's a clear cycle!

I got in a nice walk before heading to the office, did my first few meetings and found out the I person meeting I had is now virtual because the interviewee has a cold. I appreciate that and that I can head home a bit earlier and do that last meeting from there. One of my nephews is using my house as his parking lot for a few days while he joins his family in Wisconsin. Poor kid, this is the first time he hasn't been able to do the annual family 2 weeks but he's 21 now and has a job and summer college, so he's going wed to Monday and I'm taking him to and from the airport. I'll take him to dinner tonight though and that will be fun!

menu

coffee plus half and half x4

skyr

turkey and cheese slider

I'm hoping he's up for a steak/burger but my back up plan is Greek.

Jen

Sheila_H
on 7/2/24 8:12 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Love love love a responsible working studying young adult.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 7/2/24 8:44 am
RNY on 02/14/18

He's a really good kid, trying to do all the right things to launch himself into adulthood!

Jen

Julia S.
on 7/2/24 6:56 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Squirrels, raccoons, possum, bats, birds and neighborhood cats. My neighbors caught a cougar on their backyard camera and then it was spotted about a block away.

My back has been killing me, I know it is because I sit too much. I bought a gel support back cushion a few years ago, so I brought that out so maybe I can quit slumping and have better posture.

The weekend was a total lazy fest. I didn't get out of the house and there was no exercise. My brother is supposed to be in town so I'll probably have to see him, I'm always expected to come running if he's here. But I promise myself to go to the nature park today.

Blood test tomorrow to see if my vitamin D level has dropped. And my nails on Friday. That's it for the week. I'll probably work the 4th and hope for few fireworks.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your July 4 Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 115 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 330 views