What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/2/24 2:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I hope this goes through. I've been getting gateway timeouts for an hour!

I can't believe it's only Tuesday. Yesterday was an excruciatingly long day. It should be Friday by now... I don't want to go in today at all. The only reason I am is because the person I was hired to replace is finally having her last day on Friday and we have yet another goodbye party for her today. She's had nothing but goodbye parties, lunches, and dinners for the last 3 months. I'm not mad for her--I hope the last 3 months before I retire are the same, haha. But as someone who barely knows her, I am mildly annoyed at how many days I have had to go into the office on a WFH day for more celebration. Anyway, I made her some music themed cookies. I hope she likes them!

QOTD: What wild animals do you have in the neighborhood? Our little backyard is an animal super highway considering we live in a densely populated city. We get raccoons, a few kinds of skunks, possums, bunnies, squirrels, and lots and lots of neighborhood kitty visitors. I suspect that we got skunked last night, even though it didn't get caught on the ring camera. Unless Grim was up early smoking weed? ;)

Accountability: Meh. I just eked out 5K steps and I ate on plan but added a bunch of crackers for no good reason. Did I mention that yesterday was the longest day ever?

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • pork shu mai
  • chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 7/2/24 4:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning queen! I'll kick us off with the first answer unless I get a gateway timeout too! I've been lurking and not posting because it's been a hell of a few weeks with travel and sad news. Aging parents is the hardest thing I've ever gone through. We learned that my mom's treatments aren't working so we are pivoting to "Let's live!" Mode! We are going to make sure she does all the things she wants to do before she can no longer. So, this is now the year of living!

I have so many good food options. Chicken wings I bake (from Cost****hicken sausage (Costco had a new kind, black pepper and Parmesan and yum!), egg salad, tuna, and salmon. We are set for the week!

Crap! I forget the question and it won't let me scroll up. Was it about excessive amounts of work parties? Or how long this week is? They gave us Friday off as well so I'm cruising into Junior Friday right now...I'll take a 3 day work week followed by a four day weekend anyway! (Though I travel next week for work so I'll get all the relaxing in this weekend that I can!)

Have a wonderful day! I'm off to a 7:30 am call with Estonia but I'm giving myself permission to do my favorite 4:45 pm gym class! Have a fab day and I hope it flies by quickly!

Melody P.
on 7/2/24 4:39 am - Amarillo, TX

So sorry to hear that about your mom. Cancer just sucks so much.

Mel

Queen JB
on 7/2/24 6:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I absolutely love this amazing attitude you have towards the celebration of living. It's a shame that we often forget to do this until we are running out of time.

I'm so sorry that you're going through this, though. Love to your strong wonderful mam **** cancer.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Amy Liz
on 7/2/24 7:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Making it the year of living is amazing! I hope she's able to experience all she's ever dreamed of and not waste one previous moment.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 GW 175 (6/14/24) CW 171 REVISED GOAL 165

Amy Liz
on 7/2/24 7:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16
Sheila_H
on 7/2/24 7:54 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Sending you hugs and applauding the "let's live" attitude.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 7/2/24 4:21 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope you get quality time with your mom and that she's able to have many adventures! Hugs to you and her

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 7/2/24 6:42 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So sorry about the treatments aren't working for your mom. Sending you giant hugs

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 7/2/24 4:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

the only thing planned for the day is a trip to Sam's and a trip to the dentists office to pay a bill. Yesterday was quite awful. The kids were restless and you know that the only thing worse than restless kids is bored kids? The last few hours was sooooo much fun. Earlier in the day my mom yelled at the top of her lungs at me for trying to get her to not yell in front of the kids. I cried of course because that's what I do when I'm angry/pissed off. So yeah fun filled day.

I ended up having a donut and a few cake donut holes. I accounted for them and ended up with just shy of 2,000 calories yesterday.

QOTD: the whol gambit besides bears and wild big cats. I've seen coyotes, deer, possums, raccoons and rabbits.

B: jimmy dean deelights sandwich and coffee x 2

L: eggs, applegate chicken sausage, cheese and a PP shake

D: pork, bbq sauce, 1 slice rye bread, cheese and ????

S: ???

Mel

Most Active
Recent Topics