What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 7/1/24 3:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! I know I said I wasn't posting but we got a late call saying that Grim's surgery was rescheduled so it's back to normal today. I will keep it a WFH day today. I really cleared by schedule so I have very few things to do but I'm cool with a chill day as a bridge into the week.

In other very annoying news, my pharmacy is out of Wegovy and they said no one in a 50 mile radius has it so I have no idea if I am every going to get a second round of this stuff.

QOTD: Have you ever seen a real tornado? I've never seen a real funnel cloud. But recently, with climate change, we are getting multiple local tornadoes a year in the area. It seems like whenever it's super humid, a tiny little tornado breaks out and uproots some trees and stuff. It's nothing like the really big ones like they get in the southwest but even those tiny little funnels make some serious damage.

Accountability: Not enough active minutes but I was busy every second of both days. Food was all good choices.

I had no menu today because I expected to be in the waiting room all day. But here is the new plan.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • chicken and dairy free tzatziki in a pita
  • chicken and Alfredo sauce
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/1/24 4:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday and wow, it's July!!

A WFH where you can get stuff done is nice, although the cir****tances must be frustrating. If the Wegovey was working, is a road-trip to get it an option? I mean, I drive 47 miles each way to the office when I go so it seems reasonable to me, lol.

QOTD - yep, I've seen them, I've been in them, including one that took the bell of my high school while we were in it and then flattened a house across the street -- I've seen both regular tornados and once we saw a waterspout in the Bahamas. The first picture, I actually have a snap of when it toucheddown and everything (including some of the buildings at the mall) went flying but I can't find it on my phone. Fun fact - when I was a kid we used to watch tornados march across the farmland that became the Denver Airport. Those "tornado shelter here" signs are no joke. I also have friends that were in their that was picked up by a tornado but everyone was fine, not a ride I want to be on!

My back is still bothering me, it felt great after the massage for about 6 hours and was ok on Saturday but I did some light stretching and work with my trainer on yesterday was not good today is better. I'll call my GP and set up an appt for Friday or next week depending on their schedule; I've exceeded my allotted whining and not doing anything time. Today, I just have a regular work day with two interviews for the director I need to hire and an early dentist appt, I'm going to do a very short walk around the block too -- have to do something!

Menu is

3 coffee plus half and half

turkey and cheddar slider

RGF orange chicken bowl

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!

(PS I was in the smartest spot for both tornados, the first one I took from outside my garage, my condo was on the top floor so the garage was my safe, low, windowless space that I could have stepped into if the tornado moved towards me; the waterspout was on the other side of the mile wide island but the ocean was the lowest spot).

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 7/1/24 4:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Wow your tornado stories and pics are nuts. I am very happy that we only get little baby ones.

I should have stated-- no one in the country has Wegovy in my dose right now, as evidenced by a web tracker https://ro.co/weight-loss/supply-tracker/. I'd drive anywhere to grab it, but it's not happening. The CVS only officially tracks a 50 mile radius, though, which is why I referenced that number.

Emiepie
on 7/1/24 5:50 am, edited 6/30/24 10:52 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry about your back. I'm glad you're calling the dr. Wow, you've had your experiences with tornadoes!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 7/1/24 6:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Great photos! Glad your getting your back checked out!

Mel

Sheila_H
on 7/1/24 7:54 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 7/1/24 4:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I thought we were going to get more rain today, but evidently not. It's supposed to be cool (low 70s) and sunny, so I'll probably be out biking. Yesterday we drove to southeastern Wisconsin (where it's flatter than here) with our bikes and hit one of the trails there - very nice ride! I'm looking forward to doing this more often.

not much going on this week, so I hope to get caught up with things and make a dent in getting the house in order.

QOTD: no - although the Midwest has always had tornadoes (although more the last couple of years than before). Anywhere near the Mississippi is part of "tornado alley" - but they seem to be more of an issue south of here (Oklahoma, etc). I guess the temperature must be one of the factors - so we may be seeing more up this way with the rising temps.

coffee with half & half

skyr and fruit

piece of sourdough bread or a crumpet with butter

protein shake ?

Mexican-style salad (lettuce mix, tomatoes, black beans, plain Greek yogurt, salsa)

maybe the last piece of pizza for dinner (we got one two days ago and have been eating it slowly...)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 7/1/24 4:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

My cousin lives in OK and the tornadoes there are insane. I visited once and they drove me though towns that had been completely flattened and destroyed and never rebuilt. So eerie--worse than ghost towns!

Amy Liz
on 7/1/24 5:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I thought they had those shortages figured out and were good now. Hopefully you are able to get some in time for your second round. Lovely weekend. Ran all the errands and did all the things I wanted except nap. I had a soul fulfilling walk on the beach with Chloe girl and relaxed with online shopping, almost pulling the trigger on the Ninja Creami. I worry that I will only use it 4 times and it will end up in graveyard of appliances in the garage. It's $200, so I'm giving it plenty of thought. Meanwhile, I'm drooling over Sheila's creations!! WFH today, I need to take Chloe to the vet for her check up.

QOTD - No, just tiny dirt funnels on the ground from the wind. They're cute not scary.

Accountability - Great yesterday - no extra bites or anything unplanned, 72 active minutes, 10,265 steps. Today - 174.0. Some treadmill done, will get back on and/or bounce throughout the day to get my steps.

B- coffee, protein brownie, fairlife shake

l - chicken w/chopped salad

d - eggs and toast

s - sm apple, zero tortillas w/cinnamon

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 GW 175 (6/14/24) CW 171 REVISED GOAL 165

Partlypollyanna
on 7/1/24 6:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I put it in my cart to see if it goes on sale during the prime days thing this month. Emily also said it's on sale at Costco.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics