What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Grim_Traveller
on 6/28/24 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Happy surgiversary!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Teenie
on 6/28/24 12:49 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Don't lose that Mojo. You do so great!! You look fantastic.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 6/28/24 7:30 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Surgiversary! You're an inspiration and I'm blessed to say I've got to hug you in person.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 6/28/24 8:12 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Here we are again. Lots to accomplish today. I'm not saying I'm gonna love getting this stuff done because of my back, but getting it done shall happen. Bedding is already in the wash. Fridge needs finished cleaning out and wiped down. Dogs delivered to my daughter. Floors got done yesterday (thanks Rog!) So today we'll clean/polish/scrub the rest of the house and put every little thing away. It stresses me out a great deal to come home to an out of order house, so doing these things help me enjoy vacation. Also, all my end of month financial activities will happen today as well as work for the Foundation. Oh, and I better pack if I want to get on that plane tomorrow!

Yesterday's accountability was little improved. I got credit for 1 minute of exercise and 3,731 steps. In my defense, I did do multiple back stretching and strengthening exercises throughout the entire day. Probably a total of 8 times. They just don't raise my heart rate to give me any smar****ch credit. On food I did great. I added a glass of wine. Just one and small. I watched the debate. I needed the wine.

QoTD: 7 am is late for me. I usually start waking up around 4. By six, even in normal times, my body is screaming for movement and that is the thing that usually gets me out of bed. My mind wants sleep, my body wants movement and it gives me antsy pants so up I go. I did manage 4 straight hours of sleep last night before I had to get up and stretch my back at 2:30 am. That's much improved from early in the week where I was up every 45 minutes to an hour.

Bites today

B: egg and slice of bacon. 1/2 Fairlife shake

L: last of the turkey tenderloins

D: A piece of Roger's ribeye, a little mashed potatoes and creamed corn. This is Roger's death row dinner. He'll be happy tonight.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 6/28/24 8:19 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I can totally relate to the clean/organized house before vacation. DH always makes fun of me and I used to tell him if we get robbed I don't want them to talk behind my back that the house isn't clean.
Wouldn't you know when we went away for Xmas (I left 2 days before DH) we saw somebody on our ring camera and had to call the cops. The cops entered the house and the whole time I was fretting that DH didn't make the bed before he left. The cop was going from room to room and reporting back to me what he saw to see if it was the guy or just our normal things. I was mortified that DH had not organized the house before he left at 4:00 am. He told me my priorities were in the wrong place.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 6/28/24 8:23 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I so feel you, Sheila!!!!

White Dove
on 6/28/24 8:55 am - Warren, OH

That was really a stressful thing to go through. I am so glad that everything was OK. One day in the summer, I was baking and had stuff all over the kitchen. I realized I was out of something I needed, think it was vanilla extract, and just grabbed by purse and ran to the store. I did not close the door properly which set off the alarm and when I got back in about 10 minutes, there was a police car outside. The policemen had gone in and checked the whole house. I was so embarrassed by the mess in the kitchen, although they had probably seen much worse.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 6/28/24 7:35 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

John used to think I was crazy that I wanted the house straightened up before we left for vacation. Then he either joined the right side or just knows to go along with it cause it's happening either way.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/28/24 8:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I haven't posted in the last two or three days because this server keeps timing out on me. I just gave up after a while. It's still slow this morning, but at least I got on on the first try. (oh - and yesterday I had to be at the hospital at 8:00 for my biennial exam & testing for the longitudinal Alzheimer's study I'm in. This was day 1 of the visit - blood draw, physical, and memory testing. They'll be scheduling day 2 soon - that involves an MRI and a lumbar puncture. I don't mind MRIs, but I don't like lumbar punctures. They were unsuccessful at it when I was there two years ago (they only got blood - no spinal fluid), so they're going to give it one more try this year before giving up. I wish they would have decided to give up THIS year. I really, really hate them (of course, as a volunteer participant, I could just tell them I don't want any more lumbar punctures - although I know they get really good data from those)

I've gone biking the last two days, but we're back to nonstop rain today. I'm thinking I'll clean out our "gift closet" (which also has a host of other crap in it) and use it as a pantry. My kitchen cabinets are overflowing, especially since we brought home a lot of my MILs nonperishable foods (mostly cans of stuff - and spices) - and we rarely get into the "gift closet" unless we need a light bulb (which we also store in there). All that stuff can easily but put into a large plastic bin and taken down to the basement. So..that's where it's going.

QOTD: No. The cats tune up around 5:00 AM. Hard to sleep through that racket. And once I'm up to feed them, it's next to impossible to get back to sleep.

coffee with half & half

yogurt with berries, crumpet with butter & jam

may just have hummus and carrots for lunch. I have the cookbook club meeting tomorrow, so I need to keep calories low today

more Greek yogurt?

dinner TBA

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Julia S.
on 6/28/24 10:25 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I don't use an alarm unless I need to be up at a weird time. I'm usually awake at 4 and then I try to sleep until 5:30 depending on the cats I may or may not be successful. When they do settle and like this morning I had one on each side of me I hate to disturb them.

I watched about half of the debate, I'm not as alarmed as some people are. He was sick, so why are we panicking and thinking we need to replace him? I wish they had fact checked throughout the debate, but it didn't happen. It used to be that being a convicted felon meant something, at one point I was one and couldn't rent an apartment or get a job it was horrible. It was later reduced to a misdemeanor. But this guy is running for the most important job in the country. I say how dare he?

I need to get back to my torture, aka work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics