What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Emiepie
on 6/28/24 7:25 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

The good Sudafed

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 6/28/24 4:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all!

Not much going on here today. My mom is going to try and mow some. It's supposed to be 103° today so she'll be doing it early if she feels up to it. I have not gotten a lot of sleep. I do have to go pick up a couple of prescriptions and we have to run to a certain grocery store to get a roast. My brother and family is likely coming over Sunday and the kids will stay the night. We will take em home at 6 pm Monday morning. I'm already exhausted lol.

I am hoping for naps today. I won't be starting the thread this weekend.

QOTD: I sleep like crap no matter the plans lol

accountability: I had just shy of 1700 calories yesterday. I ended up having some SF wafer cookies. No more of those today Down two pounds.

B: eggs, cheese, salsa, mini tortilla(zero net carbs) and coffee x 2

L: pinto beans, sour cream and 2 tbs cheese

D: chicken, 11 garden veggie zesty ranch chips

older pics but I love em.

Mel

Greateight
on 6/28/24 4:56 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

Grim, I hope everything goes smoothly on Monday. Lisa, get that back healed and have a great trip.

I had a pretty productive day at work and home yesterday: put out the worst of the work fires, scored some booties at Orvis (and a probably unneeded Navy Blue pullover that was on sale), packed, swam 700 meters and did a nice little core workout.

In 3 minutes, 25 V-ups then as many Burpees as possible.

2 minute rest

In 4 minutes, 25 V-ups and then as many Burpees jumping to a 6 inch bar as possible

2 minute rest

In 5 minutes, 25 V-ups and then as many 3 foot Burpee Brand Jumps as possible

I got 19, 25, and the 25 Burpees. Seemed like a good way to start vacation.

We leave for the airport in about 40 minutes. No idea about food. Supposedly the Teton Pass from Jackson Hole to Idaho has been reconstructed, so we may only have an hour drive to the lodge.

QOTD: A little bit, but not epic like in college. Once or twice a year I manage a 9 or 10 hour sleep.

Have a great day and weekend!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 6/28/24 5:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Safe travels!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 6/28/24 5:25 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yesterday was successful at work and I was able to complete all my pre-YE projects. Today is making the final deposits and JE's, closing and opening things... Next week start the hurry up to close out the year. On to the weekend! I have a Pedi after work, then shopping/errands and grilling burgers and watching post debate Bill Maher tonight. This weekend - wanted to swim tomorrow but they have the pool reserved for an event. I'll take Chloe to the beach and/or go for a hike instead. I swam once last week, twice this week (wanted to do 3x), but will swim 3x next week - I'm loving it. I may even golf with Rob the sun is so energizing.

QOTD - No, maybe 4:30-5am the latest - it's rare beyond that. Weekdays I'm usually up 3:30-4. I love early mornings it's when I'm at my best, so get out of bed willingly and coffee calls...

Accountability - Great - 111 active min (treadmill, walk, swim 975 meters) 13,371 steps. Today - 173.4 and 30 minutes on the treadmill done. No other exercise plans today other than getting as many extra steps as I can.

B- coffee, protein shake, protein shake, protein bar

l - beef jerky x2 running errands

d- BBQ grilled burger in low carb wrap, air fryer fries

S- bowl strawberries with a small scoop of melty vanilla ice cream

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 GW 175 (6/14/24) CW 171 REVISED GOAL 165

Emiepie
on 6/28/24 5:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! We've made it to Fri-yay! I made good progress with our temporary workbooks and was able to leave early to get my MRI done (I was surprised they called and that I was able to get in same day). I don't have much planned for the weekend since we all are still just kind of on-call if we get access to the system we can start some of the back logged items. It's supposed to be hot so staying inside for sure.

QOTD: Nope, I can nap though.

TSS: 9 years 10 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: I might have John grab dinner on his way home

ES: maybe toast since I need something with my bedtime dose of the anti inflammatory

E: at-home PT

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

White Dove
on 6/28/24 6:03 am - Warren, OH

I could not sleep in when I was younger, but now it is no problem to keep sleeping. If I have to be up early, I set three alarms a half hour apart. To get up at 6:00 I will have a 5, 5:30 and 6:00 alarm set. I usually do get up for the first one but have the other two as backups and of course the snooze button. The heart procedure is amazing to me. I read a lot of science fiction back in the 1950's and 1960's.

I remember a story about aliens from outer space who used lasers to perform surgery. Probably in the early 1960's when lasers were just starting to be used and so much speculation on what wonders could be performed with them. I remember the first heart transplant and the world watched to see if the patient would survive. Now it is all common.

They will have your heart fixed and make your watch happy again. It is so amazing that the watch detected the problems. QJB you will probably find that the people in the waiting room are looking for someone to talk to.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 6/28/24 6:13 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday,

The weekend is welcome but I won't be resting. I will be going through all my stuff, packing, house stuff, continuing to do legal things to protect myself in this apartment situation. I also have activities planned. I have a coffee date this morning, movies in the park tonight(Parenthood), my sister's birthday tomorrow, and a board meeting Sunday.

My landlord hasn't told me what's going on with my apartment. He continues to be as difficult as humanly possible. A legal aid lawyer yesterday contacted my landlord without any idea he was going to do that. He is not my attorney and let the cat out of the bag that I'm moving. It sucks that I lost that leverage. At this point, I have no choice but to go radio silent until I find a landlord/tenant attorney. Stay tuned for more drama.

QOTD- I no longer sleep in. Rarely, when I go to bed thinking that I'll sleep in, I'm up by 8. That is sleeping in for me since I'm usually up in the 5 O' Clock hour.

B: 1/2 bagel, lox, coffee.

L: 1/4 muffaletta, handful of chips.

D: ??? I have to start eating my way through the freezer and fridge.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Sheila_H
on 6/28/24 6:30 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

JB - Bridgerton cookies very cute, AI pic of you a little disturbing.

I didn't realize but June 26th was my 7th surgiversary. Things haven't gotten easier, I never feel like a normie eating for fuel. I still have that toxic relationship with food, selling my soul for icecream and cookies. But you know what has changed? I'm fighting for 10 lbs instead of 110 lbs and for that I will be forever grateful. At my height 5'5" 150 lbs is borderline overweight with a 25 bmi. I didn't go under the knife to have a 25 bmi so I fight tooth and nail (and believe you me I am fighting it at every meal) to keep my bmi under 25, even 24.9 is fine. I freak out when the scale goes up close to 150 but can't lower it below 147 no matter what I do or what I don't eat. But that's OK, I am so grateful for the chance to fly under the radar when I walk into a room. And I am grateful for y'all everyday being here encouraging and commiserating. Big mwah to all of you from the bottom of my heart.

QOTD - sure thing. 8:00-9:00 am if I'm by myself.

Speaking of selling my soul for icecream, look at my protein icecream creations since Monday. Life is good when I can eat a whole pint of icecream every day.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Turkey, avocado, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mustard (skipped mayo and ciabatta bread)
  • Tomatoes, mini cucumbers, feta cheese
  • Protein icecream - cookie dough w/sf choc chips
  • E: 4.8 miles fast walk

Happy Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 6/28/24 6:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy belated surgiversary! You are such an inspiration in how you have embraced your opportunity and make the most of it! Your athleticism is something I aspire to. It's not easy and we all know that but you do the work and make more good choices than not!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics