What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Ymaliz
on 6/26/24 8:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Deep or open water is way more difficult than a pool. Be proud!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Mkess
on 6/26/24 6:11 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,

Today's Goals: Follow up with the 20+ messages I've left for various legal aid agencies. Follow up with a legal aid agency that was recommended by a legal aid clinic I visited last night. Also, I learned what it will take to hold my landlord liable about this apartment journey. It sounds like, if I'm able to find affordable representation and all goes well, I should end up with a chunk of change in my pocket. If it happens, this will be the first time I've ever sued anyone.

QOTD- Supermarket Sweep would be the best Olympic sport.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, tangerine.

L:???

D: lamb loin chops lemon, Rosemary, Greek seasonings.

S: pecan Paleta

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Teenie
on 6/26/24 7:35 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Can you find a contingency Lawyer? That is how Ron got his SSI case settled.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 6/26/24 6:15 am - Warren, OH

I guess if you live long enough, you experience everything. I am 5'2" and my "ideal weight" is 136. I have been staying around 129 for the last year or so. Last week I had a doctor appointment and the well-meaning doctor prescribed medicine to enhance my appetite. It is called Remeron and is prescribed for depression. I am not depressed but the side effect is weight gain.

I have not filled the prescription yet and really don't want to enhance my appetite or to gain weight. So ironic that after a lifetime of fighting weight, they are concerned that I do not eat enough. Other side effects are low blood pressure, drowsiness, and dizziness. So increased risk of falling.

I just cannot bring myself to fill that prescription.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 6/26/24 7:04 am - Amarillo, TX

I take it as a sleep aid. I'm going to ask to get off of it today. It doesn't help me sleep much more than two hours. Plus all the stuff you mentioned. I am hoping my NP will listen.

Mel

Julia S.
on 6/26/24 12:02 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I take Lunesta or the generic of that. It helps sometimes but the maximum amount of sleep I get is 4 hours, sometimes only 2. It hardly seems worth it to take it. But I don't fall asleep easily and wake up in the middle of the night and have a hard time going back to sleep. I have an appointment with my PCP next month I will talk to her about it.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Teenie
on 6/26/24 7:31 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You know your body and if you do not need it for depression, you just need to eat more. I have problems with mom losing weight. If you would just add a Ensure plus to your daily routine it has protein and vitamins and not bad tasing if they are cold. Mom likes the butter pecan, but they come in chocolate, vanilla and strawberry too for a variety. You can get a 6 pack and try it if you don't like it, you not out that much money. Walgreens and Walmart are the best prices around here.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/26/24 3:04 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

What did they prescribe it for? If the situation it's prescribed for is more serious than the potential weight gain and you are "underweight", it's worth a consideration. If they are prescribing it to deal with a "6 lb underweight" issue, your doctor might be too pill happy.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 6/26/24 4:31 pm - Warren, OH

I have lost interest in food and happy with very small portions. My protein and potassium have been low. I have been trying to get them up but just can't stomach the taste of protein drinks. I really don't like sweet tastes anymore, so have been eating more meat. My albumin was at 3.1 and below 3.5 is low. I don't mind taking something that makes me eat more, but don't want potential side effects of dizziness and increased risk of falling.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Ymaliz
on 6/26/24 7:11 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Made it to Wednesday! Yesterday was pretty frustrating on my project - so many issues. They have been partially resolved and I should be able to finish today, but oh the drama! I am not wasting my very limited time fixing your incomplete work - not having it, so I sent it back. I'm irritated that they even tried to pass it off... This is not my staff, it's from an outside department and still trying to shake it off.

QOTD - There is my Olympic event - dodging half assed work. My real sport would be Lacrosse or Darts.

Accountability - Yesterday - Great, 92 active minutes - treadmill/walking/825 meter swim, 11,254 steps total. Today 174.2, 30 minutes on the treadmill done, will walk at lunch - it'll be 75 degrees and perfect.

B- coffee, legendary pastry, protein shake

l - real good burrito, plain greek yogurt and salsa

d - spaghetti w/lean ground beef and protein pasta, parm, garlic bread

s - apple w/PB

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active