Best Brand of Vitamin ...

Carrie C.
on 6/25/24 8:37 am - Victoria, TX

Looking for your suggestions on best brand for Vitamins? I had RNY Gastric Bypass 16 yrs ago used many different ones & just gave up, but my body is suffering! I need help! Gotten much older been thru a lot healthwise gained weight back since having Covid etc can't get back on track either with my FOODS!!

If anyone would be willing to share their expertise on what we should be taking daily and your preference on brands i'd greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you all for listening

Grim_Traveller
on 6/25/24 8:56 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Ignore the "bariatric" vitamins. They're just a marketing ploy. Some are very good, but vastly overpriced. Some are just horrible, lacking many things. One brand you'd have to take 8 per day, and they still aren't any good.

Avoid children's vitamins and gummies. They all leave things out that we need.

The best are probably the Adult Centrum. They are complete, and are fairly inexpensive. You should be taking two per day. The recommendation for us is 200% of the RDA for most vitamins and minerals.

The best iron I've found is Proferrin. It's heme iron, not a ferrous salt. It doesn't cause stomach upset, won't be interfered with by calcium, and you don't need to take vitamin C with it, as with other iron types. My ferritin sits close to 400.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 6/25/24 5:10 pm - Warren, OH

Grim is right. I took the chewable bariatric vitamins for years. I found out that they contain a sugar alcohol sweetener that gave me gas all the time. I switched to Centrum. Proferrin is the only iron supplement that did not give me constipation and also the only iron that I actually absorbed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 6/26/24 6:33 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I cannot bring myself to try the everyday vitamin. I take the Bariatric advantage Ultra Solo w/Iron , and I also take their chewable calcium 500mg 3x a day. My blood work has always been great, and they do have a loyalty program that you can save money with them. My friend is very vitamin forward and a health nut and he looked into the vitamins for me and says they are very high quality. I know nothing more than they work well for me.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 432 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 461 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 313 views
What?s on tap for your Sunday?
Melody P. · 11 replies · 230 views
Best Brand of Vitamin ...