What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 6/25/24 5:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! So glad you enjoyed the long weekend. We still don't have access to our accounting system which as it creeps closer to the end of month we are trying to not freak out and find alternatives for calculating pay for the commission based departments. Either way, it'll probably be a working weekend coming up, I'm hoping it's to enter/integrate the backlog of data vs. creating new calculation methods. In other news, follow up this afternoon with my doc about my ankle. I'm not expecting much aside from extending PT, ugh!

QOTD: Nope, but now you've made me think it might be a good idea to take a CPR class.

TSS: 9 years 10 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Tri tip, broccoli/cheese, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: SF jello

E: PT

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1196 Protein:112 Carbs:119 Fat:48

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/25/24 5:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm going kayaking with a group today on a lake that's about an hour away from here. I'm a little worried about the heat and humidity today (fortunately, unlike the Chicago area, we're not due for more storms, though), but we'll see. Maybe it'll be bearable out on the water. Other than that, not much going on. Hopefully this kayaking trip will get my mind off my mother's situation - which was made worse by the phone conversation with her urologist's office yesterday. The med they wanted her on is only partially covered by her insurance, and her part is hundreds of dollars - so nope. And with her dementia, they're pretty limited as to what they can do. This is a tough situation.

QOTD: No. I've taken first aid and CPR at least a couple of times, though - although it's been years and I don't know how much of it I'd remember in a crisis situation.

not sure about food because of the afternoon away - but..

coffee with half & half

protein shake

skyr or yogurt with fruit

(not sure about lunch/afternoon...)

something quick for dinner - maybe one of those Loma Linda microwavable things

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Icecream Dreamer
on 6/25/24 9:22 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Those rainy day money that she was worried about are the perfect solution for her medication.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 143.4

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 6/25/24 9:45 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Why don't you try to get your mom on medical assistance to pay for the drugs she needs?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 6/25/24 3:00 pm, edited 6/25/24 8:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Grim_Traveller
on 6/25/24 6:52 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Oops. QOTD: I had to do CPR on my dad a couple of times in the last few years of his life. Chest compressions are a lot weirder on a person than on a dummy. I kept thinking I was going to break some of his ribs. And what they don't teach you in class is how to get someone out of a big chair and flat onto the ground before you can even think about CPR. Moving a couple hundred pounds of dead weight isn't easy.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 6/25/24 8:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

they told us in a CPR that a lot of people are afraid of breaking someone's ribs - but if the person is at risk of dying, a broken rib is far preferable..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 6/25/24 7:08 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

We slept like rocks. Close to 2 hours on the couch while we watched beat Bobby Flay (no idea who, if anybody beat him), six hours and 48 minutes on the CPAP and then a couple of more hours after I pulled it off this morning. I think that it was a very busy weekend followed by a break in the weather to cooler darker storms.

After the concert Friday night we got home at about 1:00. Gymnastic clinic came fast at 8:00. But I found the class helpful, we started with hollows and arches. The we spent time on the bars: grips and kip swings, toes top bar, pull-ups, muscle ups for the better athletes. Then onto handstands. I still cannot kick up into a handstand against the wall, even after all of these years, but I have some drills to work on. The last part was a short workout of just 30 second on/off holds: hollows, versions of L-sit using boxes, and dead hangs off of the pull-up bar.

Sunday was our smallmouth clinic. It was about two hours of lecture, two hours of casting practice and two hours on the water. I caught two smallmouth bass and one Rock Bass (which is a panfish, not a bass). The lecture was helpful because a lot of it was on the Illinois River System and reading the rivers.

10:00 Crossfit and a bunch of calls today. Hopefully, the rain stops by tonight so that I can get a swim in.

QOTD: I have not, but you are right about a refresher course.

Breakfast: hash

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 6/25/24 7:14 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

Yippie It is Tuesday. The plan is to go to wing night at a local bar around 6. I have not been in the building in years, but it was owned by my dad's best friend years ago and I waitressed there in my 20's for probably 10 years. It has sold 2 x's since so it will be cool to check it out. My father actually helped renovate it from a barn into a high-end restaurant. And Him and his bestie made a chandelier out of wood and axes that was very cool. I know there was a fire and a rebuild a few years back. I wonder if it survived.

QOTD: I was a lifeguard from 15-18. I had all the training but the most I ever had to do is grab some lilltle's by the arm and drag them up because their idiot parents were not paying attention.

Accountability: I grazed dinner and had way too many licks of the cookie dough.

Accountability: to many ****tails but was very careful with food.

TSS: 6 years 6-months 14-days 166 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F blueberry Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: crack chicken and snack select

D: wings and beers.

Exercise: dog walking, 3.1 mile run (done)

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 6/25/24 7:18 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. It's another hot one today. And I'm still on the DL list so no intentional exercise for me. I did great on calories/macros/water yesterday. Ended my day at 7 minutes of movement and 5,380 steps. And most of those are because I can't sit or lay down for more than half an hour or so and I need to get up and stand. So I am trying to walk around the house in my standing moments. I did manage a very slow trip through Costco yesterday. Went in for one thing, came out with three.

Today is more the same, but I do have an appointment with a massage therapist who also does lymphatic massage. Daughter of a friend and she thinks she can help. Can't hurt.

QoTD: Yes. Full on CPR on a stranger in the middle of a parking lot. Grim is right. It's hard to move unconscious people. My friends say I'm good in crisis's and good to keep around.

Bites today

B: 1/2 protein shake. Egg and the tiny bit of the leftover Aloha skirt steak

L: no idea. Need to continue eating leftovers

D: Ahi tartare with a girlfriend. I need to take something. Any ideas for Asian themed apps?

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active