What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/25/24 1:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Let's do this, Tuesday!

I have a lot to do after my day off and I am going to get to it, immediately. I'm in a block of interviews for a few hours this afternoon which is going to limit the time I have for actual work, so I want to get going! My day off was nice, though! I made up a ton of dough to freeze for future classes, read a great book, organized my cookie website a bit, and then we binged the last 4 episodes of A Gentleman in Moscow. All in all, it was a good 3 days off that left me feeling relaxed but also feeling like I've got my business in good shape.

QOTD: Have you ever used life-saving measures on anyone? I have had to stab 2 different kids with epipens in my classroom, but that's it (other than calling 911 for other kids who fell of playground structures and stuff). The book I read yesterday had some people who heroically saved a child with CPR and I realized I haven't taken a First Aid course in about a decade. When I was a teacher, I used to take them every year and although I hope I'd never need it, it's probably a good idea to take a course again as a refresher.

Accountability: um... I forgot how many leftovers I had so I only ate those all day and didn't have anything I planned.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • cheese & salami
  • chicken, cucumbers and tzatziki on lavash
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 6/25/24 4:53 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all and happy Tuesday.

Not a lot going on today...that I know of at least lol. I do need to go drop off a package at the post office. I powered through and got that bracelet done yesterday so I cou.d ship it out today. I forgot to take a picture of it though.

I didn't sleep very much. I get like 2 to 3 hours of straight sleep then I'm lucky to get 1-2 total hours more. I see my PCP in late July and I'm going to ask for X-rays of my shoulder and neck. It has become increasingly painful. The pain clinic doesn't seem interested in seeing about it. So hopefully maybe pt or something can be done to improve it. My back has also been getting worse but there isn't much to do about that. Just gotta keep plugging along and try to keep my head up.

QOTD: I haven't had to do any.

B: egg white sandwich and coffee x 2

L: probably avocado toast

D: maybe fish

Mel

Teenie
on 6/25/24 7:19 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Do you do arm stretches in the morning. I had shoulder neck pain and went to chiropractor. He gave me 3 easy stretching exercises and pain was gone in 2 weeks.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 6/26/24 1:13 am - Amarillo, TX

I am hoping to learn some in PT.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 6/25/24 4:59 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning all. I was expecting a call from the Gas company some day this week, and they'd give me a date for the new gas line install in late August. Instead, a crew showed up yesterday and started digging. So, new gas line, yay! There were 4 guys out there from about 8:30 am until after 7 pm. That's hard work in the summer. But one more project checked off for me.

More shop work planned for me today, plus a bunch of phone calls to find an installer for a new boiler. I know that many of you have phone calls and meetings all day, every day. But I've done it only very rarely. And I dislike it very much.

Stay cool out there.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/25/24 5:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't think my house has a boiler. I don't have the old school radiators, is that why?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 6/25/24 6:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Furnaces heat air, and blow that around the house for central heat. Boilers hea****er, either to make steam for old-timey radiators, or to move the ho****er around baseboards, just above the floor. Or, to move the ho****er underneath the floor, for radiant heat.

It's like many other things. Most people use furnace and boiler interchangeably. Some get very pedantic. Don't even get started on all the different types of gypsum board.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Lisa91941
on 6/25/24 7:03 am
RNY on 10/29/19

This meme is so me.

Ymaliz
on 6/25/24 5:08 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Sounds like you had a great day, nice! I was able to finish one project and start the other. I was on a roll when I found a mistake and had to go backwards, fix and re-do.... I stayed late at work and missed my swim reservation. Thought about the treadmill but ended up just putzing around the house, it was a nice break. Today, I will be back at it and hope all goes smoothly with work.

QOTD - No, I haven't ever been in a situation like that.

Accountability - Yesterday - great food/water, 41 active minutes, 9134 steps. Today - 175.2, 30 minutes on the treadmill, a mid morning walk (if I can fit it in) and lap swim after work.

B- coffee, protein bar, protein shake

l - chicken breast, mini caesar salad kit

d- quesadillas - with the leftover ribeye that won't end on a low carb tortilla

s - apple w/PB

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Mkess
on 6/25/24 5:25 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

It's a beautiful day to be alive!

We are due for severe storms today and they're expected to be bad enough to weather an action day. The Action day means to Hold off on showering washing dishes, laundry, etc.

I signed a lease! I posted that late yesterday but I'm so relieved that it's worthy of a second post for the masses. The place is nice and it's utilities included, which is a nice surprise. My new place is in a really good location, Albany Park, for all ethnic types of food. It was named once of the most ethnically diverse neighborhoods in the country and it's calling card is it's "The Gateway to the World." Maybe reaching but you get the idea.

QOTD- Yes. It has happened to me more than I'd like to admit. I've done mouth to mouth a few times. I've done the EpiPen things twice. I've had to use Narcan on overdoses more than a handful of times now. Friday, I went & picked up a suicidal friend and took him to the hospital. I've been able to help him with SI multiple times over the last few years. Honestly, it's really triggering that goes back to a couple experiences from my teens. Even thinking about this starts the vivid memories a flowing. Life is so precious and every day is such a gift.

B: yogurt, tangerine.

L: Brat on a bun. I peck at the bun like a bird when I eat the brat around it. I get a taste of the full bite without most of the carbs.

D: I'll be on the West side at a legal aid clinic about my situation in my current apartment. I hope to grab al pastor tacos from a place with a trompo.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Most Active