What's on tap for your Sunday?

Melody P.
on 6/23/24 2:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all and happy Sunday!

Not a lot planned for the day. I may do some cleaning. It's been a rough night. I marathon finished a bracelet and my right wrist is protesting. Along with intense body pain...well it just has been a sucky night with little sleep. It's nights like this that I really REALLY miss ibuprofen.

my eating was not good yesterday so today will be better. Guess who bought naan? Me. That was stupid...extremely stupid. In other news "everything" naan is excellent.

I do need to work on some easy chainmail today. Hopefully I'll get them done and get a package sent out tomorrow to my boss.

QOTD: someone asked in a group on FB what is the stupidest thing you've heard someone say? So I thought I'd ask here!

During a terse conversation with my grandmother(maternal) she asked if I was the way I was because my father might have been doing drug when I was conceived. She HATEF my father and me sometimes by the way she treated me. It was a dumbfounded moment and I laughed out of uncomfortableness. Still the dumbest and most hurtful thing someone's said to me,

B: egg sandwich with turkey sausage, cheese and coffee x 2

L: small bowl of spaghetti

D: haven't decided yet. Maybe some lunch meat and a piece of cheese.

have a great day everyone!

Mel

catwoman7
on 6/23/24 2:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

wow - the fact your own grandmother would say something like that to you is shocking. That is ...awful.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 6/23/24 9:45 pm - Amarillo, TX

It is one of the most hurtful things ever said to me BUT another unusual for her. Which is weird because she had mental health issues. She didn't believe it was a thing and was very dirty...downright shameful to her.

I used to let it get to me but now I just feel kind of bad for her. She obviously was miserable inside her heart...never happy and nothing was ever "enough". Even with my mental health issues I do choose to find joy in things. I don't know if she ever did.

Mel

catwoman7
on 6/23/24 2:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I've been up for a while, too. One of the cats woke me up, and I can't get back to sleep. Oh well...

nothing going on today. I just hope we don't get a ton of rain...again. I'm very sick of it.

I've been feeling very stressed out lately for no good reason. Maybe it's because of my mother? Not sure. (she's been diagnosed with dementia although it's mild right now - but still, she's become more needy. Maybe that's it? Plus there's thinking about the future with her...). Maybe I should consider taking up yoga again. I don't like feeling this way.

QOTD: Not sure about saying - but I read stupid comments all the time from Trumpers on Quora and in response to newspaper articles. Well and then there was stupid comment I just heard on the BBC that Trump said at a rally yesterday - that he thinks the ten commandment thing in Louisiana should go nationwide. The thing is, with him, it's not just a stupid comment - it's a scary comment because I can see him trying to do it, and the SCOTUS can no longer be counted on to protect us from crap like this..

coffee with half & half

oatmeal with skyr (and maybe fruit)

protein shake

Mexican-style salad

Greek yogurt or hummus with baby carrots

not sure about dinner - maybe 1/2 a Beyond Burger and vegetables

have a good Sunday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 6/23/24 4:57 am - Warren, OH

I am feeling too old and tired to even think about Trump anymore. I tell myself if people are stupid enough to elect him, then they deserve what it will mean. But I hope younger and stronger people will prevent him from being in control. Everytime I see his name, I secretly hope the headline will say "Dead at 77".

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 6/23/24 4:54 am - Warren, OH

That was not a stupid remark, it was cruel and vicious. Sorry you had to bear such a hateful person.

Ymaliz
on 6/23/24 6:00 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Another beautiful, hot day here! Yesterday was lovely! We got all of the house stuff and errands done, ate well, no nap which is regretful as there will be no time today but I did relax in the evening. I'm going to hike this morning while it's cool. I have a couple of errands, then home still need wash and switch out the bedding for summer. Kiddo is coming over and we are grilling and chillin' - maybe some Yahtzee or Mexican Train Dominoes. I wish these boys would learn to play Gin, that is my game.

QOTD - No sense in repeating it unless it's funny, and I can't think of anything good right now.

Accountability - great food/water/no wine, 7 activity minutes, 10,322 steps just from errands and moving around the house. 175.8 this am and a total of 33 steps so far. I have a hike planned here shortly and otherwise I will just keep taking all the extra steps, extra trips I can to keep moving that number up.

B- coffee, eggs and leftover ribeye

l - Leftover ribeye w/cheese, zero tortillas

d- grilled sausage w/peppers and onions, coleslaw

s - cherries, pretzels, jerky

Have a fantastic day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 6/23/24 7:31 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning

Goodness, it is HOT here. Hitting 90ish which is very high at this time of year. I definitely overdid it in the workout department last week and my sore back has evolved into a not so great situation. So yesterday the only movement I got was some very light yoga stretches, so arm weight work out and remembering to stand up every hour or so and stretch my low back. 4 active minutes and 3501 steps. Today is not looking much different in those areas. But I need my back to be happy again.

We have dinner reservations and tickets to La Jolla Playhouse's production of Johnny and June. I'm a total Johnny Cash girl so I am very excited. La Jolla Playhouse has had great success with launching productions that end up on Broadway, so I can't wait to see this show. I did pick a fish house for dinner and will make my best choices. Love the restaurant we are going to and I can feel a bit fancy without derailing all the other hard work I've been doing.

QoTD: People say and do mean things. I try very hard to remember that their walk isn't mine.

Bites today!

B: eggs and crispy mozz with tomatoes

L: leftover something. Smoked brisket maybe?

D: Don't know. I will stay out of the chips and take a little icepack and cooler to store my leftovers in so I can enjoy them for more than one day.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 6/23/24 9:29 am - Warren, OH

When all my friends were listening to rock n roll, I discovered Ring of Fire and was crazy about Johnny after that.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/23/24 3:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

A couple of years ago, I was in Nashville and stopped in at the Johnny Cash museum and it was incredible.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active