What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Teenie
on 6/18/24 8:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

WTG on the weight loss. Wish I could say the same. I ran 9 miles in the last 3 days and have only gained sore legs. Monday I was not surprised because of all the alcohol but was shocked after doing so well with nutrition yesterday.

I had an eye appointment in May, and I got 4 pair of glasses. I love all of them, but I could not see my computer. My regular doctor was on vacation and this new guy saw me and all he did was blow smoke up my ass trying to make me believe my vision changed in a few weeks. She finally got back into town, and I had an appointment with her this morning, and I was right. She uses a slide control on the computer to drop in the script and instead of picking up 1.5 in the right eye she accidently hit 2.5. So now all 4 pair of my new glasses are void. She knows I am $500 in, and she took all of them and is going to make them all right with all the vendors I purchased them through. I been anxious over this situation for weeks now just glad she came clean and is making it right. I also have the knowledge to never see the other doctor in the practice because he is a complete ass.

I have a manicure at 12:30 today so that is a nice break in my day. I did get to GFS and grabbed 2 cases of the Clementine Bai. See that Jim is good for something.

QOTD: I honestly do not know most of the guys on there. But I'll pick Ed O'Neill due to his ties to Pittsburgh.

Accountability: Thought I did good scales said different.

TSS: 6 years 6-months 7-days 166 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: Premier protein salted caramel popcorn, and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Totally Thai-turkey-burger and snack select

D: RGF chicken tenders and a dinner salad with HBE and light dressing

Exercise: dog walking, and 3.1-mile wog I have 8,283 steps in and counting.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/18/24 8:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm sorry you didn't see immediate results from a day of good eating and 9 miles of running. You are just getting back into the running and you know sore muscles are healing, which usually means a bit of water which shows on the scale. stay the course and once you adjust to being an athlete again, it will happen.

I have a question for you. On the Best American Recipe, there is a guy from Pittsburgh and he made a dish using "chipped, chopped ham" which he says is a Pittsburgh delicacy. I looked at it and it just looks like deli ham. Is it really a local delicacy or is he just saying that because it's from Pittsburgh too? How is is different from real ham.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

White Dove
on 6/18/24 8:41 am - Warren, OH

Chipped chopped ham was a big thing here too. We got it at Isaly Dairy or at Lawson's. It was shaved ham but tasted a lot better back then. Quite some years ago one of the stores was selling Isaly chipped chopped ham, but it did not taste like I remember. I don't think it was really deli shaved ham, but might have been something like bologna or ham that was ground up and made into a loaf and then shaved. Cannot find chipped chopped ham here anymore and did not know it was still in Pittsburgh.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 6/18/24 9:07 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yes, still in all grocery stores don't know about Walmart but for sure Giant eagle.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/18/24 9:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It's disappointing when something you remember from childhood doesn't taste the same now!

Jen

Teenie
on 6/18/24 9:03 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yup it is a Pittsburgh thing. Very cost-effective lunchmeat that the steel workers would buy to feed a family cheaply. Try to fined the macros for Islay's chipped ham. It traditionally heated in a ketchup sauce with a relish in it and served on hamburger bun sorta like sloppy joe. I however as a kid ate it on hot buttered toast. Very cheap and greasy but very yummy.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/18/24 9:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Fascinating, he made it in like a pastry dough like a fancy hot pocket!

Jen

Teenie
on 6/18/24 1:40 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I can see that for sure. The nutrition is not as bad as I thought. I think it was just ham ends ground up and pressed together to make a loaf and they very thinly sliced it actually almost shaved it.

White Dove
on 6/18/24 1:47 pm - Warren, OH

I wonder if they used to add extra sugar to it. We seemed to crave it. The first time my sister gave me ham from a really good deli I remember thinking it cost $8 a pound and did not taste as good as chipped chopped ham.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 6/18/24 3:52 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

It's a wee bit more calories than a regular ham, but not enough to make a difference.

I'd never heard of chipped ham before. There's no such thing around here.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 432 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 461 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 313 views
What?s on tap for your Sunday?
Melody P. · 11 replies · 230 views
Best Brand of Vitamin ...