What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 6/18/24 2:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I am homeeeee! Yay! I slept like a champion in my own bed with Grim and my kitties. It was a nice getaway but I am so happy to be home :)

We are heading into a 4 day heat wave that they say will be the hottest on record since 1952. Boston was not built for multiple days in the high 90s and low 100s. Hopefully we don't have a brown out.

My day is loaded heavy in the morning and quiet in the afternoon, so I need to get going ASAP start prepping for my early meetings. Hopefully nothing exciting happens today. I need everyone to behave so that I can get caught up ;)

QOTD: Who is your favorite TV Dad?

I'm going with Michael Bluth from Arrested Development ;)

Accountability: I was much better about eating "real" food yesterday. I had one egg bite for breakfast, and the second one for early lunch. For an early supper I had a leftover rib and street corn, a handful of pretzels, and that was it for the day. I was in the car when I should have been getting steps though, so that was a fail. But I am down 2 full pounds since starting Wegovy 1.5 weeks ago. Slow and steady, right?

• protein coffee
  • egg bite
  • egg bite
  • chicken caesar salad
  • lemon greek yogurt
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 6/18/24 3:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I didn't fall asleep until about 2:00, and I was wide awake at 4:30 (mostly due to being back on phentermine again - and not used to it yet). Ugh. This is going to be a long day. I have to take one of the cats to the vet this morning (his annual exam), then I need to go on a Depends hunt for my mother (if she'd ever get back to me on what size she needs) and delivery them. Meetup at happy hour with a couple of friends at 4:30. I think that's it today - other than working on my classes (my second one started yesterday). It'll be too freakin hot to spend any time outdoors, unfortunately.

I did OK eating-wise yesterday, even though I overshot my calorie limit a bit (our book group met last night and had old fashioneds and appetizers). But it was far from the usual disaster. I ate like a normal human being. Win!

QOTD: I'll have to circle back. Other than the very occasional news program, I haven'****ched TV in years. I'm trying to think back to shows I used to watch - no dads are coming to mind at the moment

coffee with half & half

1/2 C protein oatmeal topped with plain skyr and fruit

protein shake

salad with diced chicken and diced half peach

Greek yogurt (if needed)

not sure about dinner. Probably nothing at home since we'll probably order a couple of appetizers to share at the happy hour this afternoon

ex: I really should do something since I didn't do anything yesterday (too hot out!!). I'll check the class schedule at the gym...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 6/18/24 8:31 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I can have depends delivered to your mom from my company. Just let me know if I can help. The delivery charge is $8.95

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Mkess
on 6/18/24 3:33 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

I have stepped up my apartment hunting game, now that I have some urgency. It's hard out there for a pimp. It's crazy how out of control the Chicago rental market is. I was approved for an apt Saturday, was sent the lease yesterday morning, signed the lease 90 minutes later, and then the apartment got leased by someone else, *****turned the lease before me, site and sight unseen. I think I dodged a bullet with that building owner, though.

She had a big red flags about not using the backyard at all. Also, she has a low maximum dog weight at 25lbs. She told me she has read dogs over 25lbs cause damage. Also, she's property tax lawyer and former aldermanic candidate, and would probably be difficult to work with.Anyways, I wasn't meant to get that apartment, it's frustrating, but the search goes on. I saw another couple apartments last night and already applied to one.

QOTD- Hank Hill, King of the Hill. Homer Simpson is a close second. However, I really like your pick of Michael Bluthe, QJB.

B: 1/2 bagel and lox, one egg, yogurt.

L: salad with 2oz steak and 2oz chicken.

D: Grilled shrimp ceviche and 5,724 tortilla chips.

Try to focus on the sunny side of the street today! I will be.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Queen JB
on 6/18/24 3:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hank Hill is a great pick, too! I can never hear the word propane without saying "propane and propane accessories" in his slight twang.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Mkess
on 6/18/24 3:03 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Indeed. I have an air freshener hanging from my rear view. It's a propane tank with Hank Hill's face on top. I'll try to remember to snap a pic.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Emiepie
on 6/18/24 5:37 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you're able to find the right apartment soon, good luck!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 6/18/24 4:15 am, edited 6/17/24 9:15 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and yay for Tuesday! Tuesday is lovely because it's not monday. I am also happy to report the recycle is out! If they for some reason don't pick up, I will laugh.

QOTD - when I was a kid, Pa (Michael Landon) on Little House. That was when I was a city kid and thought farm life would be amazing...then we moved to a farm outside a small rural town. Bill Cosby's Cliff Huxtable always seemed so understanding and nice. Actors, SMH.

Accountability - swapped out my dinner for popcorn and rose. I'm not sure it was a better or worse choice TBH. I did get 105 active minutes (there were jumping jacks in the living room watching PBS The Best American Recipe when I realized I was at 98 active minutes) and 10,819 steps.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

greek yogurt

salami and cheese slider

I defrosted some diced chicken from my just meats freezer stash and I have tzatziki and all the veggies so a chicken greek salad

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 6/18/24 4:58 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

I'm not entirely sure what's planned for the day. My mom is wanting to finish up mowing this morning. It's really windy and it's humid here. We're not used to humidity here. I'm hoping we'll do a lot of nothing for the later part of the day.

I've lost a tiny bit more than 2 pounds in about 8 days. I know it could be better but I'm making progress at least. Every day gets better. My blood sugars are doing really well.

QOTD: Frank Barone , mainly because I love Peter Boyle so much!

B: eggs, cheese, lime cilantro sauce and coffee x 2

L: chicken and ?

D: I'm thinking shrimp spring rolls and maybe a couple ozs of salmon.

S: pp pancakes, 1tbs pb and a small slice of bread.

Mel

Emiepie
on 6/18/24 5:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job, glad things are improving.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 235 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 332 views
What?s on tap for your Sunday?